Shadow Manipulator skin concept

Bering

On 12/9/2019 at 4:02 AM, Bering said:

Shadow Manipulator_v4_3.jpg

Nice you predicted WX but quite a shame that the shadow manipulator didn't happen. It's so festive.

On 12/3/2019 at 1:09 PM, Bering said:

Shadow Manipulator_3.4.jpg

So... Yugioh reference?

On 12/3/2019 at 6:09 AM, Bering said:

Shadow Manipulator_3.3.jpg

Nice detail with the petrified birds. Reminds me of the broken animal moon pieces you can find.

On 11/29/2019 at 1:57 PM, Bering said:

Shadow Manipulator_3.1.jpg

This one screams Roseate or Charlie. Very fascinating you continued so long with this theme. Eventually Klei will have to make a Manipulator skin just based on these concepts alone.

On 11/28/2019 at 1:54 PM, Bering said:

Shadow Manipulator_2.6.jpg

So many Forge manipulators. Would be perfect if Pugna was a throne sitter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wickerbottom - "Baba Yaga"

In Slavic folklore, Baba Yaga (Russian: Ба́ба-Яга́) is a supernatural being who appears as a deformed or ferocious-looking old woman. In Russian fairy tales, Baba Yaga flies around in a mortar or broom and dwells deep in the forest in a hut usually described as standing on chicken legs.

Skins:
• Shadow Manipulator (v16) "A hut as standing on chicken legs"
• Spear "broom"
• Fire staff
• Ice staff

P.S.: To be continued...

Shadow Manipulator_v5_2.jpg

• Like 15

Wolfgang - "bogatyr" (Ilya Muromets)
Ilya Muromets (Russian: Илья Муромец) - is one of the bogatyrs (epic knights) from Russian folklore. In the legends he is often featured alongside fellow bogatyrs Dobrynya Nikitich and Alyosha Popovich.
Tradition describes bogatyrs as warriors of immense strength, courage and bravery. They are characterized as having resounding voices, with patriotic and religious pursuits, defending Rus' from foreign enemies and their religion. In modern Russian, the word bogatyr labels a courageous hero, an athlete or a physically strong person.

Skins:
• Shadow Manipulator (v17) 
• War Saddle
• Night Armour
• Luxury Axe
• Thulecite Club

reference

2020-01-09_06-57-49.thumb.png.dd42c817da60467f9e18a70c7d951fb5.png

Shadow Manipulator_v5_1.4.jpg

• Like 20

Willow - Firebird

In Slavic mythology and folklore, the Firebird (Russian: жар-пти́ца, zhar-ptitsa)  is a magical and prophetic glowing or burning bird from a faraway land, which is both a blessing and a harbinger of doom to its captor.

The Firebird is described as a large bird with majestic plumage that glows brightly emitting red, orange, and yellow light, like a bonfire that is just past the turbulent flame. The feathers do not cease glowing if removed, and one feather can light a large room if not concealed.

Skins:
• Shadow Manipulator (v18) Return of Them + Malbatross
• Lantern - "fire feather"
• Birdcage

P.S.: To be continued...

Shadow Manipulator_v5_4.jpg

• Like 17

Woodie - Leshy
The Leshy (also Leshi; Russian: леший)  is a tutelary deity of the forests in Slavic mythology. 
The Leshy is masculine and humanoid in shape, is able to assume any likeness and can change in size and height. He is sometimes portrayed with horns and surrounded by packs of wolves and bears.

Skins:
• Shadow Manipulator (v19) animal totem

Shadow Manipulator_v5_3.2.jpg

Shadow Manipulator_v5_3.3.jpg

• Like 16

Maxwell - Koschei the Immortal
Koschei (Russian: Коще́й) is an archetypal male antagonist in Russian folklore.
Koschei is a common antihero in east-Slavic folk tales. 
Most often, he is presented in the form of a strong evil sorcerer possessing treasures and magic items. He sealed his death with a spell (Koshchei’s death in a needle, needle in an egg, egg in a hare, hare in a duck, duck in a chest, a chest on a mighty oak tree on the island, which is difficult to reach) and therefore "immortal". From here in the culture there was an artistic image of a man dried to the bones or a skeleton in the crown. Koshchei's anger is a consequence of his endless lonely rich life.

Skins:
• Shadow Manipulator (v20) 
• Thulecite Crown
• Chest - Ancient Guardian
• Dark Sword

I didn’t draw it separately, but in the future there are possible:
• Night Armour
• Walking Cane
• Torch
• Night Light

Shadow Manipulator_v5_5.jpg

In the concept devoted to Russian Tales, I wanted to leave a reference to six out of ten bosses without sculptures. I hope that it was possible to see.
Now I need to make the last drawing from this series. In my free time, I'm busy looking for a characteristic hero for the 21st manipulator and possibly related items.
This is a fascinating creative process. When there will be free time from work, I will definitely draw it.;)

• Like 15

On 20.01.2020 at 12:49 PM, thomas4846 said:

can you design a chinese new year skin, just a reequest 

@thomas4846 Thanks! Great idea!
I have not thought about the appearance of a skin for a shadow manipulator in the theme of the Chinese New Year.
Maybe in the future  I will try to do this.

• Thanks 2

Wes - Ivan the Fool
Ivan the Fool (Russian: Иван-дурак) - is a stock character of lucky fool who appears in Russian folklore, a very simple-minded, but, nevertheless, lucky young man.
Unlike typical heroes, it is Ivan's simplicity and lack of guile that turn out to help him in his adventures. For example, he listens to his heart, rather than his mind, and he easily forgets offence and endeavors to help others even at his own expense. 

Skins:
• Shadow Manipulator (v21) - Antlion

Shadow Manipulator_v5_6.jpg

• Like 15

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

Seeing the skins silhouettes, I didn't realize there was a theme until you put them together. Nice work!

@minespatch Thanks. As I said earlier:

On 19.01.2020 at 8:02 PM, Bering said:

In the concept devoted to Russian Tales, I wanted to leave a reference to six out of ten bosses without sculptures.

So it was a fairly lengthy plan=) 
And a great hobby!

2 hours ago, minespatch said:

Kind of surprised the Oven there isn't part of the skins. I could see it a Scalestove skin.

With the oven (Scaled Furnace) I did not have time to “get ahead” of the Klei team. Although I really thought about something similar.

Now we have a lot of item skins in the game! And on the shadow manipulator as well. True, not on Science Machine ... (Just kidding ... or not ... Who knows where this hobby will lead)

• Thanks 1