So I've been playing this game, I don't know if you heard it, its called Air Is not Here, and When i fed my clone coloners, even tho the food was expertly done and delicious, these fuckheads were disgusted. I don't know if its a lack of taste or if its because i actually poisoned them but if you can you could fix it plz

I somewhat agree with @Carl_Jackson.  It is very difficult to consistently get dupes enjoying their meal.  If the conditions aren't _just_ right, they get all disgusted and look like they're about to hack it all up.

Occasionally they're just fine, but by and large they give me the disgusted expression regardless of how fresh and wholesome their food is.

This has annoyed me for a long time.  And this is one of the things that came to mind.

I've always wanted a way to sort food out of the containers at x rate of freshness.  I had a game where I ended up with several food storages full of old food.  I couldn't figure out a way to sort the old from the new.  

I thought that having a better compost system would be a great solution.  You could have the compost bin take a selected food at a selected freshness rate.  This way you could compost old food or compost any food at any stage... like a real compost bin.  Maybe adding certain foods would increase or decrease the compost rate, like adding greens or browns irl.  

BTW, how do they know there is 1 germ on the food when their eat it, so i think this mechanism is not very realistic.

I understand this act as the indicator to let the player know if the food is germ-free.

I think they should show enjoying animation if the food is +4 or above in my opinion.

We're not exactly positive of the entire mechanic.  The whole "1 germ on the food" is just because of how easy it is for them to do the whole barf face thing.

I've kept my food germ free, 98% fresh and better, and even put a sink on the way to the kitchen tables... and they still make a disgusted face over BBQ or cooked fish.  Not always, but it still happens.

23 hours ago, Zarquan said:

Does the food have food poisoning germs on it?  That can be a cause of disgust.

It really doesn't matter tbh. like a lot of people said even when food is ******* swiped clean, made from the finest stale meat, properly managed, and run through 25 sinks, they're still disgusted. 
It was Meat on a stick that got me triggered. How can you not like beaten meat?

On 11/6/2019 at 9:51 PM, KittenIsAGeek said:

We're not exactly positive of the entire mechanic.  The whole "1 germ on the food" is just because of how easy it is for them to do the whole barf face thing.

I've kept my food germ free, 98% fresh and better, and even put a sink on the way to the kitchen tables... and they still make a disgusted face over BBQ or cooked fish.  Not always, but it still happens.

Maybe the duplicants have dirty hands when they pick up the meal. I agree that it's super silly though.

15 hours ago, Squeegee said:

Maybe the duplicants have dirty hands when they pick up the meal. I agree that it's super silly though.

That, or some ladder segments have some germs on them. If dupes would not notice anything below, say, 100 germs, that woukd fix things nicely.

On 11/10/2019 at 4:08 PM, Squeegee said:

I have put handwashing stations before cooking food. I have put them before storing the food in chlorine, which also puts them in front of retrieving the food. Finally, I have placed them in front of the tables.  The food gets stored at 100% fresh with zero germs in chlorine.  Dupes must wash their hands before grabbing the food and again before reaching a table.  Even so, I still can't prevent dupes from making the ugly face.  It happens less frequently, sure, but I can't completely prevent it even with ideal conditions.

Archived