D-do the characters die whenever they use the celestrial portal?

I know I posted something yesterday already, (and especially since I don't want to get in trouble for probably spam) but I really wanted to talk about this for the longest time. I havent checked all the quotes, but most characters talk about seeing a light when using the celestial portal. It gives a big red flag when you see some characters saying things like (for warly as an example which I think he says) "I'm going to the big kitchen in the skies!" Possibly referring to heaven, and WX-78 saying "BLUE SCREEN DETECTED." Which is caused whenever a computer crashes. It's even more Terrifying as when Wormwood says "Don't want to go!"(As he says this in a fearful tone more then the other characters) As it means either once the character is offered up, the celestial portal is either too strong to stop it or were forcing the character against their own will. This could also be the only way we're affected by change of the moon! 

@GrandTardigrade has the character quotes under this message so, if you want to view them go ahead!

(Thank you Grand Tardigrade for sending them! :) )

Here are the quotes:

Wilson: "I can see the light!"

Willow: "A burning light!"

Wolfgang: "Wolfgang is scared!"

Wendy: "Abigail?"

WX-78: "I SEE THE BLUE SCREEN!"

Wickerbottom: "I've never read anythink describing this!"

Woodie: "This feels strangely familiar..."

Wes: ...

Maxwell: "Say pal, I don't look so good..."

Wigfrid: "'Tis the lights öf Valhalla?"

Webber: "Everything's getting fuzzy!"

Winona: "Good thing I've got all my affairs in order."

Warly: "I'm going to the kitchen in the sky."

Wortox: "Hyuyu, fare thee well!"

Wormwood: "Don't want to go!"

Ugh, they gave an official explaination that I dont remember... I believe it was something with multiple planes, think of like multiple instances of the constant and the Lunar Portal tapping into these worlds, grabbing the Survivor on the other end and the Survivor that you are swaping for the other Survivor, they think  its death, but it isnt

21 minutes ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

Ugh, they gave an official explaination that I dont remember... I believe it was something with multiple planes, think of like multiple instances of the constant and the Lunar Portal tapping into these worlds, grabbing the Survivor on the other end and the Survivor that you are swaping for the other Survivor, they think  its death, but it isnt

Is that true? I guess that solves the theory for why the characters were separated and alone during the original dont starve.and why in the tragic torch comic when wendy and wolfgang come out there not wearing there usual clothes. I never knew that since I don't think they really talked about it much, especially since I think it just came out of nowhere in some random update. (unless it was in a twitch live stream)But just the thought of there being multiple different Wilson's in other realities! (Don't Starve:Into the consta-verse. XD)

now I wonder what's on the other side, maybe in future updates a way to send your one character into another world you own, perhaps acting similar to how the Teleportato works or the skyworthy/seaworthy. Letting you either share both worlds (like in dont starve dlc) or replacing your previous character with your current one. My only question now is why the "failed survivors are there? They should be in there seperate constant rather then in someone else's. And there's suspiciously a lot even though the characters admit it's not there dead bodies.

2 hours ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

It was stated in some Rhymes with Play, but I dont remember which one

I do recall that explanation but I also recall it being an "imprecise" answer, or impromptu response if I'm not mistaken.

6 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

I do recall that explanation but I also recall it being an "imprecise" answer, or impromptu response if I'm not mistaken.

It probably maybe the case, some characters say the portal is physically affecting them with quotes like these:

4 hours ago, GrandTardigrade said:

Especially with winona saying:

4 hours ago, GrandTardigrade said:

But I do like the theory of multiple realities especially my mental image of there being one reality with all the survivor skins just acting like edge lords!

If you lived an honest life of not griefing anyone, never asking where is base, killing no innocent creatures, and sharing and caring for your comrades then your character will go Valhalla.

BUT

If you lived an evil life griefing everyone, asking where is base multiple times, causing mass extinction of several species, and letting your comrades starve then you can harvest their bones you will go Hel!

AND

Finally, If your character is a scientist they will fade into the eternal abyss ceasing to exist.

5 hours ago, GrandTardigrade said:

Here are the quotes:

Wilson: "I can see the light!"

Willow: "A burning light!"

Wolfgang: "Wolfgang is scared!"

Wendy: "Abigail?"

Woodie: "This feels strangely familiar..."

Wes: ...

Wigfrid: "'Tis the lights öf Valhalla?"

Warly: "I'm going to the kitchen in the sky."

Wortox: "Hyuyu, fare thee well!"

Wormwood: "Don't want to go!"

Wow Wes’ quote really made me tear up, such powerful wording..

There are implications (IIRC the Telelocator Staff has the best quotes for this) of at least some forms of teleportation in the Constant following the basic idea of what teleportation is; deconstructing an object in one place, and reconstructing it in another.
Maxwell's 'teleportation' at the end of Adventure Mode illustrates the premise a bit more...visibly.

Depending on how you look at it, even if the reconstructed form is correctly assembled and thereby functionally identical to the original, even if the same materials were used...it doesn't change that the original was destroyed in the process.
If your perception ends, and a new perception begins...
That could easily be considered death, and the birth of something new in your place, even if that new thing recalls all of the same experiences.
Does it matter if you die, if something else carries on all of what you were?
Entirely a moral dilemma; from a utilitarian point of view, it shouldn't matter. Nothing tangible is lost. One person goes in, one person comes out. And yet...

Pondering aside.
TL;DR yes the characters are getting yeeted by moon magic

1 minute ago, maradyne said:

There are implications (IIRC the Telelocator Staff has the best quotes for this) of at least some forms of teleportation in the Constant following the basic idea of what teleportation is; deconstructing an object in one place, and reconstructing it in another.
Maxwell's 'teleportation' at the end of Adventure Mode illustrates the premise a bit more...visibly.

Depending on how you look at it, even if the reconstructed form is correctly assembled and thereby functionally identical to the original, even if the same materials were used...it doesn't change the the original was destroyed in the process.
That could easily be considered death, and the birth of something new in your place, even if that new thing recalls all of the same experiences.
Entirely a moral dilemma; from a utilitarian point of view, it shouldn't matter. Nothing tangible is lost. One person goes in, one person comes out. And yet...

Pondering aside.

Doesn't teleportation actually despawn and respawn your character

15 hours ago, maradyne said:

Depending on how you look at it, even if the reconstructed form is correctly assembled and thereby functionally identical to the original, even if the same materials were used...it doesn't change that the original was destroyed in the process.

Pondering aside.

In the physical reality everything is an indivisible whole. Particles are not billiard balls that move in a vacuum, they are much more complex entity, of which we have no sensitive experience due to our inadequate senses to perceive the microscopic world. We are therefore dealing with mathematical entities (the particles) of which we cannot have any representation in our mind, and which escape real comprehension. But the particles themselves are only ephemeral manifestations of deeper entity: the fields; portions of space where processes take place, processes that with their incessant move generate reality, ourselves and all that exists. Thus the disintegration of an entity does not indicate its disappearance; it only indicates that the field from which it originates is being reshaped into its smallest parts and then recomposed again; parts that are an eternal and indivisible whole.

Archived