Easier ways to locate atrium biome?/ should there be another option to locate the atrium?.

Is there any way of knowing which tentacle could lead you towards the atrium?

What is an easier way of finding the correct Big Tentacle that would lead you directly to the atrium? One of the worlds I'm in around day 300 I'm looking for big tentacles and I've  searched for 8 in game days and couldnt find it with any with a chance, I feel that finding the atrium should not be rng based, having your luck only be based on the world generation. But there at least there should be a better way of detecting it making it easier to track and make it easier then wasting time and fighting one just to get sent to a random/useless area far away from your spawn.

Idea:

Maybe for an idea, having the ancient medallion (which is already used to track the ancient key) could be a way to find the atrium whenever your near a big tentacle, you can scan it with the medallion and the character will pull it out and wave it up and down for a few seconds. (sort of similar to the  animation of the map in shipwrecked) When the character is done they will say whether it's right or not, if they gotten the right tentacle maybe the ancient medallion will drop out their inventory, float up in the air (animation similar to the celestial orb) , and start shaking while pulsing out nightmare fuel(not collectible just for detail) for a few seconds.(for example Wilson would probably say something like "Yup, that's suspiciously a lot of magic for a slimy pit." if the player gets it wrong they'll just assume there's no magic anywhere (another example wilson probably simply just saying "Guess it's just a dud".

12 minutes ago, Lammarr said:

Why would you waste time and resources with gunpowder when this chest fish exists?

Screenshot_852.png.3b5d15afc044f179793b7e66e1bff3f0.png

14 minutes ago, jantonio said:

gunpowder tentacles to kill em easy peasy, also use moon stone lenses with gems in them to mark holes.

I'm not talking about fighting the big tentacle, I'm talking about trying to find the right one that leads you into the atrium, as it's way too tedious in a new world, as it all depends on how lucky you are in your world generation, you can find one at the entrance of the caves or the very edge of the map on the caves . Once you found it is no big deal, its finding it that's the major struggle! I prefer just using a high damage weapon, bramble husk and a football helmet when fighting it... I literally named the topic should it be easier locating the atrium, not fighting the big tentacle!

13 minutes ago, Superwolfkid said:

I'm not talking about fighting the big tentacle, I'm talking about trying to find the right one that leads you into the atrium, as it's way too tedious in a new world, as it all depends on how lucky you are in your world, you can find one at the entrance of the caves or the very edge of the map on the caves . Once you found it is no big deal, its finding it that's the major struggle! I prefer just using a high damage weapon, bramble husk and a football helmet when fighting it... I literally named the topic should it be easier locating the atrium, not fighting the big tentacle!

But the idea you gave only fixes the Tentacle killing part,you still need to find them and scan them.

I don't understand the struggle.The only change is that you will have a easier time not killing tentacles that aren't even agressive to you.

As much as I know there's no easier way to locate the Atriums Tentacle besides teleporting yourself to the Atrium and killing the Tentacle there. If it's not possible, you'll have to scout the caves and locate all the Big Tentacles till you find the Atrium Tentacle. Get a Bramble Husk, any Head Slot Armor, a weapon and a lantern and just keep scouting to find it.

And if you think that finding the Atrium Tentacle is hard, don't forget that Malbatross still excists.

25 minutes ago, Lammarr said:

But the idea you gave only fixes the Tentacle killing part,you still need to find them and scan them.

I don't understand the struggle.The only change is that you will have a easier time not killing tentacles that aren't even agressive to you.

Ok, well you do have a point about that. Honestly I shouldn't have put the idea in and probably instead talked about why the rng feels annoying and asked if people agreed about if there should be a better way then having to just keep fighting the tentacles and getting lost around the map until you eventually find one out in the caves somewhere, I thought of the idea while writing about this, and I guess I focused on that too much then actually seeing what the  others thought on the rng. I just thought of the idea to make finding it more fun and similar to the divining rod so you don't have to waste your time fighting the tentacle and realizing it was the wrong choice and just simply check it, find out it's the wrong one, and keep going. I apologize for the communication error I made.and hopefully you enjoy the rest of your day.

Just mark each one you explored with a trap (it shows on map) , make sure you mark both ends when you jump in it. It will take care of 2 tentacles that way . And lastly mark the correct one with a backpack so as not to confuse it with already marked traps. I disagree it should be easier as it a major boss battle. Usually takes me anywhere from 2 to 6 days

32 minutes ago, Superwolfkid said:

I just thought of the idea to make finding it more fun and similar to the divining rod so you don't have to waste your time fighting the tentacle and realizing it was the wrong choice and just simply check it, find out it's the wrong one, and keep going.

I actually don't fight Big Tentacles to find the Atrium, they're better used as wormholes or to gather Tentacle Spikes / Tentacle Spots in earlygame.

I think it s fine as it is, it s part of the hard prerp of killing FW wich i think is only suitable, it s not hard to search all tentacles, and having hutch makes it a breeze. You can sometimes teleport using explorer from ruins or somewhere else, but you often need moggles for it and it's pretty rng heavy

Archived