Walani in DST

Just now, maciu67 said:

And the player will have Salt box before ice box and chest full of Glass cutters.

And this is a bad thing why? If a player is experienced enough to effectively use a character, why not? This isn't anything new, ESPECIALLY with all the reworked/new characters.

2 minutes ago, maciu67 said:

And the player will have Salt box before ice box and chest full of Glass cutters.

Glass cutters are super fragile and time-wasting to craft and renew and ice-boxs are easy to make and can hold crock-pot foods unlike the salt-box, and Brundling wrap exists..

Also Woodie,Maxwell and Bearger makes chopping trees ''useless'',i don't really see anyone complaining.

10 minutes ago, Lammarr said:

Screenshot_745.png.1696173d7b1f198fd6b1ff11e7bf236f.png

Screenshot_744.png.7512324dc33559a3b970f57522864861.pngScreenshot_743.png.c378ed88ec9e4e2769a8da2c5d9b5dcb.pngScreenshot_741.png.9f4ac8db3e1a6821b29a1f0bdcf982e3.png

Yeah,she used to be a pirate.

Where you see the word "pirate"?

6 minutes ago, Canis said:

And this is a bad thing why? If a player is experienced enough to effectively use a character, why not? This isn't anything new, ESPECIALLY with all the reworked/new characters.

I thought you are against to make game easier (an open letter to Klei)

4 minutes ago, maciu67 said:

Where you see the word "pirate"?

image.png.6ee57c8cfc7705158cb412720f41a810.png

5 minutes ago, maciu67 said:

I thought you are against to make game easier (an open letter to Klei)

Don't get me wrong, I am, but this doesn't make the game any more (or less) easier/harder. It's just an alternate (and more efficient) way to do things, while sacrificing the bonuses that other (more powerful) characters have.

I’m posting this here... even though it has nothing at all to do with Walani... but I am officially Confused & therefore.. Am asking this forum community for help.

My Question is this: If Return of Them Content is now OFFICIALLY and FOREVER a part of Don’t Starve Together... Then Why is there a Thread section for DST: General Discussion, and a Separate Thread section for DST: RoT?

5 minutes ago, Canis said:

image.png.6ee57c8cfc7705158cb412720f41a810.png

mistake

noun

an error in action, calculation, opinion, or judgment caused by poor reasoning, carelessness, insufficient knowledge, etc.
a misunderstanding or misconception.

verb (used with object), mis·took, mis·tak·en, mis·tak·ing.

to regard or identify wrongly as something or someone else: I mistook him for the mayor.
to understand, interpret, or evaluate wrongly; misunderstand; misinterpret.

verb (used without object), mis·took, mis·tak·en, mis·tak·ing.

to be in error.

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

My Question is this: If Return of Them Content is now OFFICIALLY and FOREVER a part of Don’t Starve Together... Then Why is there a Thread section for DST: General Discussion, and a Separate Thread section for DST: RoT?

First: Yes. Turn of Tides and Salty Dog are officialy and forever part of DST

Second: Maybe Klei want to have special thread for big update

5 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’m posting this here... even though it has nothing at all to do with Walani... but I am officially Confused & therefore.. Am asking this forum community for help.

RoT isn't over yet, there will be more stuff in it soon.

1 hour ago, maciu67 said:

Very simply. She wasn't a pirate.

Do I need to bust these quotes out again?
Gunpowder Barrel- "Hmm, was I in charge of keeping these stowed?"
Cutlass Supreme- "It's been awhile since I held one of these."
Captain Hat- "If only the boss could see me now."
Deerclops Eyeball- "Aw. Kind of reminds me of the boss."
Thulecite Club- "Know a few scallywags I'd like to introduce this to."
Pond (Ruins)- "It makes me miss the open sea."
Watery Grave- "That wound's a little too fresh."

Anyway, about the original post... I'm not the biggest fan.

Surfboard

Driftwood Surfboard

Sea Queen's Surfboard

Having three different surfboards where the only differences between them are the stats is just unnecessary imo. I've heard suggestions for stuff like a "living log surfboard" since early on in SW's life, and I've never been a fan.
In DS, Walani's one type of surfboard is very useful in the early game, then continues being pretty useful in certain situations in the late game, especially if you're lazy like me and don't want to make boats for Hamlet's lilyponds. I'd argue that Walani's surfboard, if ported over exactly the same as it is in DS, would be incredibly useful just by letting you find the lunar islands and mine salt formations without worrying about boats. Splitting it up into three surfboards just feels like change for the sake of change, rather than change with a good reason behind it.

*Is a pretty chill gal.

Sanity auras, both positive and negative, are only 50% effective to Walani.
Instant sanity modifiers (ex: green caps, cooked cacti) are 66% effective.

Making the sanity aura modifier more extreme is a great idea, since it's so small it's not even noticeable in DS, but it should stay just for sanity auras. All this sanity item change would do is lead to annoyance, because Walani would have to eat more of the same food to get her sanity up or down.

* Is lazy when sane.

When above 80% sanity, Walani slows down in multiple aspects.
-95% movement speed.
-20% longer swing speed.
-100% longer crafting / picking time.
-Hunger drain is reduced to 90%.

When below 80% sanity, Walani's hunger drain increases to 120%.

And this... this would be a good way to make me not enjoy Walani at all. The absolute worst downside any character can have in DS/T is doing things slower, because all it does is make things more tedious. This would add difficultly in very very specific scenarios, like being chased by a hostile mob while it's turning to night and you're trying to collect the resources for a torch, the rest of the time it would simply add tedium and annoyance.

Whenever coming up with a DS/T character, you should always think: would this be fun? Particularly, would this downside be interesting and fun to work around, or just annoying? These downsides don't sound fun to work around, in my opinion, they just sound annoying. And as someone who mains Walani in DS, and has survived over a thousand days on a Walani save file, I'm sure you'd agree that my opinion is arguably more important than most.

image.png.8ad86a69a1ecaf0d7eb70bb0aca4410a.png

Why do you find it necessary to constantly make these creepy implications about Walani? She has the same proportions as a child, a robot, a monkey, three old men, a pig with hair, a pikmin, a red goat, and potentially a merm, so could you please just treat her like any other character?

12 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

Do I need to bust these quotes out again?
Gunpowder Barrel- "Hmm, was I in charge of keeping these stowed?"
Cutlass Supreme- "It's been awhile since I held one of these."
Captain Hat- "If only the boss could see me now."
Deerclops Eyeball- "Aw. Kind of reminds me of the boss."
Thulecite Club- "Know a few scallywags I'd like to introduce this to."
Pond (Ruins)- "It makes me miss the open sea."
Watery Grave- "That wound's a little too fresh."

Thank you for this,i was tired of reading her quotes,seriously.

18 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

-different surfboards paragraph-

I put the idea of multiple surfboards so late game surfing isn't as tedious (more movement speed). As for the driftwood surfboard, it's a faster sidegrade that you're able to make once you get on the island.

-sanity modifier paragraph-

Yay.

-slow is bad paragraph-

I think so too unless it's done right. Granted, my ideas may not be the "right" way, but it does go in hand with her lazy personality. Plus, its avoidable by having less than 80% sanity, granted you're talking about my proposal.

Edit: I see you, using my words against me. Regardless, yes, you main Walani and therefore have more of a say than the rest of the general crowd.

Why do you find it necessary to constantly make these creepy implications about Walani? She has the same proportions as a child, a robot, a monkey, three old men, a pig with hair, a pikmin, a red goat, and potentially a merm, so could you please just treat her like any other character?

Mainly for the meme, although admittedly I may need to reel it back an inch with that last post since I like not being banned (and apparently people don't find it obvious that it's a meme, so I need to make that painfully clear whenever I do so, since nobody likes a creep, including myself.).

Also proportions don't matter, it's a game sprite.

Archived