maciu67    338
1 minute ago, Canis said:

So can Goose.

Yes but Goose is "naked" other than Walani.

• Confused 1

Lammarr    539
2 minutes ago, maciu67 said:

So can she find Lunar Island on the first day?

Yup,also the island is not really that good,klei will probably add more rewarding stuff on the ocean like salt(not a good example,but yeah)

Just now, maciu67 said:

Do you mean dropping his entire inventory?

Did you ever played DST Woodie? he doesn't drop his inventory...

Canis    8,153
1 minute ago, maciu67 said:

That can be changed.

Spoiler

this is a joke

Woodie can transform into a Goose, and then regain his hunger with the foodstuffs on the island. Doubly so since he doesn't lose his inventory upon transformation, so he can bring things like a pickaxe, armor, or food in the first place.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Lemonsnoot    231

I think if they add walani, itll be after some time. Making new characters takes resources, and they have their hands full with the rest of the reworks and more content updates, along with wurt and other dlc character. Patience is king, ya know. Debate aside, i like some of your ideas for her

• Like 1

maciu67    338
2 minutes ago, Canis said:

Woodie can transform into a Goose, and then regain his hunger with the foodstuffs on the island. Doubly so since he doesn't lose his inventory upon transformation, so he can bring things like a pickaxe, armor, or food in the first place.

He don't know where is the lunar Island and weregoose form on sea is dangerous . Walani doesn't have any limitations..

Lammarr    539
Just now, maciu67 said:

He don't know where is the lunar Island and weregoose form on sea is dangerous . Walani doesn't have any limitations..

I think you forgot the fact that Woodie is a generalist and he also has a combat form and gatherer one

It's kinda obvious Walani would be better than him in this

Canis    8,153
Just now, maciu67 said:

I could argue the fact that Walani doesn't have 2 viable wereforms for general situations, so why not allow her to specialize in sea exploration?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

maciu67    338
Just now, Canis said:

I could argue the fact that Walani doesn't have 2 viable wereforms for general situations, so why not allow her to specialize in sea exploration?

Because all seafaring tab have no sense at her.

Canis    8,153
Just now, maciu67 said:

Because all seafaring tab have no sense at her.

That's hard to read. I proposed that her surfboards (and repair kit) would be in the seafaring tab.

maciu67    338

That's hard to read. I proposed that her surfboards (and repair kit) would be in the seafaring tab.

*Boat, Mast, Anchor, Wheel*

2 minutes ago, Lammarr said:

Walani used to be a pirate...

Rather no

Canis    8,153
Just now, maciu67 said:

*Boat, Mast, Anchor, Wheel*

For things like Malbatross and sea bases, they'd still be needed.
We could also make I a downside that Walani cant attack on a surfboard.

NoscopeFelix    1,853

I guess that would make a very interesting character ,especially  after they added more stuff to the sea. I still want Woodlegs , but I can imagine them both being a great duo.

Edited by NoscopeFelix
  • Like 2

maciu67    338
1 minute ago, Canis said:

We could also make I a downside that Walani cant attack on a surfboard

This is absolute minimum. She also shouldn't pick item and use tools on surfboat - only exploration.

Canis    8,153
Just now, maciu67 said:

This is absolute minimum. She also shouldn't pick item and use tools on surfboat - only exploration.

That feels like too much. One of Walani's jobs mid game could be to go fetch salt for the others, or mine rocks that are in the way of other players' boats. It's not too OP as, again, the Goose can traverse the sea, AND Woodie can do a LOT of other things that don't involve the ocean. Walani would specialize in the ocean.

• Like 3

Lemonsnoot    231

They still have those ant fish and net they havnt put out too, long term ocean basing will probably be more viable in the future

maciu67    338

That feels like too much. One of Walani's jobs mid game could be to go fetch salt for the others, or mine rocks that are in the way of other players' boats. It's not too OP as, again, the Goose can traverse the sea, AND Woodie can do a LOT of other things that don't involve the ocean. Walani would specialize in the ocean.

And the player will have Salt box before ice box and chest full of Glass cutters.