Sailing is Fun!

Nah but really, sailing is actually pretty fun. Now that there is an actual reason to go sailing around (Salt + malbatros), It can be pretty fun to just sail around the world. But it is a two person job. One person handles sails and another handles the steering. I recently did this on a server i commonly play on, and we spent almost all of summer just sailing around the world

9 minutes ago, Well-met said:

what I don't get is why the boat still moves a tiny bit even with anchor down and all sails heaved. How did this get past testing?

The boats don't move if the anchor is down and the masts are raised, though. It may keep going for a bit after you've raised the last mast you have but that's just because the boat may still have some momentum left.

13 minutes ago, Electroely said:

The boats don't move if the anchor is down and the masts are raised, though. It may keep going for a bit after you've raised the last mast you have but that's just because the boat may still have some momentum left.

That momentum never rescinds though.

I believe this is why people fully dock their boat properly, do everything they need to, leave the area and still come back to it exploded.

also by "heave" I mean the sail is taken down. I may be using that word wrong. I'm not a pirate.

Just now, Well-met said:

That momentum never rescinds though.

I believe this is why people fully dock their boat properly, do everything they need to, leave the area and still come back to it exploded.

I've had a boat docked after a sea adventure of a lifetime for well over 40 days. I've docked it very close to the land (I try to push seaweed to shore every time I go sailing) and it hasn't exploded. I think those who came back to a broken boat forgot to raise their masts.

28 minutes ago, Electroely said:

I've had a boat docked after a sea adventure of a lifetime for well over 40 days. I've docked it very close to the land (I try to push seaweed to shore every time I go sailing) and it hasn't exploded. I think those who came back to a broken boat forgot to raise their masts.

does "raise" mean shutting it off because now I'm very confused.

Just now, Well-met said:

does "raise" mean shutting it off because now I'm very confused.

Yes. You close masts to stop your boat from moving. If you don't close them, the boat will keep moving. If they're closed and the anchor is down, the boat will stop moving. I've had a boat with the masts closed and the anchor down docked near my base for over 40 days and it's still exactly where I left it and how I left it.

3 minutes ago, Electroely said:

Yes. You close masts to stop your boat from moving. If you don't close them, the boat will keep moving. If they're closed and the anchor is down, the boat will stop moving. I've had a boat with the masts closed and the anchor down docked near my base for over 40 days and it's still exactly where I left it and how I left it.

good. All of my previous posts involve doing that.

Archived