Great Progress!

Machine Reaper

15 minutes ago, inferjus4 said:

I don't get it.

its a joke dude about Klei's development process for DS, they appear to be making fixes and enhancements to the original big car.

but instead they literally make an entire new smaller car pop out (DLC) which everyone then becomes proud of.

17 minutes ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

If this is supposed to be an insult, then I fully support you. :wilson_dilemma:

well it plays both way, so it can be supported : D

Does anyone think that giving away Hamlet for free to so many people may have had something to do with Hamlet launching unfinished?

I'm seriously starting to worry that's the case, like yeah I'm grateful that I got it for free, but I hate to think that Hamlet was abandoned because it maybe didn't sell amazingly well?

I hope that sounds far fetched.

15 hours ago, Ogrecakes said:

Does anyone think that giving away Hamlet for free to so many people may have had something to do with Hamlet launching unfinished?

I'm seriously starting to worry that's the case, like yeah I'm grateful that I got it for free, but I hate to think that Hamlet was abandoned because it maybe didn't sell amazingly well?

I hope that sounds far fetched.

you might have to wait for an year to confirm that.

On 10/26/2019 at 5:51 PM, Ogrecakes said:

I also got it for free.  Considering they charge $6 for it: 

1.  I would have gladly paid $6.

2.  Your point is well-taken.  How could they make up for giving away so many free copies, when paying customers only paid $6?

On 11/28/2019 at 8:55 AM, ucw said:

How could they make up for giving away so many free copies, when paying customers only paid $6?

You know, I've been thinking a lot about how Klei actually makes money lately. Klei stops developing Hamlet because they gave away so many copies for free, but in the same breath they put seemingly endless resources into developing the latest additions to DST, which I might add are ALSO FREE. And I refuse to believe that they are making enough money from their cheap skins to actually make a difference. If they can put so much time into DST without charging players a single cent, then the least they could do is put a little bit more effort into Hamlet. I would GLADLY give them $6 of my own money if that meant they would continue working on the game.

27 minutes ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

And I refuse to believe that they are making enough money from their cheap skins to actually make a difference

I think the money they got from Epic when they were paid for the one year only partnership is what made them sold out in a bit. Kind of like how trusted youtubers shill for Raid. Love Klei but the epic store contract is scummy on Epic's end.

2 hours ago, minespatch said:

I think the money they got from Epic when they were paid for the one year only partnership is what made them sold out in a bit. Kind of like how trusted youtubers shill for Raid. Love Klei but the epic store contract is scummy on Epic's end.

I never knew Klei made deals with Epic Games. whichever company has made deals with those guys have ended up worse then what EA did to any company they dealt with.

but I don't think that reason alone would be enough to warrant such immense amount of "Silence" from the devs over HAM.
I mean it literally feels like to me now they are avoiding anything relating to this DLC or Singleplayer DS.

well spring has started in my place so I'm just....gonna wait more I guess

On 24.02.2020 at 10:53 PM, minespatch said:

Two things:
1. How is Epic scummy? Epic gives Klei more money than Steam, how is it scummy? Because you have to use their launcher and not Steam you got used to? If it hurts you sooo much (and I don't see any reason why), you can wait and buy the game on Steam. 
2. How Epic is scummy and Klei is not? Both of these companies agreed on this partnership, so if you think one of them is scummy because of that, both are.

25 minutes ago, inferjus4 said:

Two things:
1. How is Epic scummy? Epic gives Klei more money than Steam, how is it scummy? Because you have to use their launcher and not Steam you got used to? If it hurts you sooo much (and I don't see any reason why), you can wait and buy the game on Steam. 
2. How Epic is scummy and Klei is not? Both of these companies agreed on this partnership, so if you think one of them is scummy because of that, both are.

do not defend epic games by any means, they are EA cranked upto 11 and every game company that made a deal with them had to give up on a lot of things just to keep their contract with them, Klei isn't even near a bad company of any sort, they are hardworkers and you can't discredit them because one part of a product didn't come out well.
(its alright to criticize but there is a limit)

Remember, Epic is a Game service company (and used to be a developer service company like Steam) and Klei is a developer company, there is massive difference in both.

and as far as HAM and current state of DS goes, Epic isn't involved much in causing this, I personally think due to changing game trends the devs have to plan out what to support more and it seems they haven't yet (which obviously shows that they have given no news yet on HAM/DS)

1 hour ago, inferjus4 said:

Just look up what they've done to the players of Shenmue and Fortnite and you'll understand my stance on Epic. Looking forward to Griftlands once it leaves the clutches of Epic and gets onto Steam.

39 minutes ago, Machine Reaper said:

and as far as HAM and current state of DS goes, Epic isn't involved much in causing this, I personally think due to changing game trends the devs have to plan out what to support more and it seems they haven't yet (which obviously shows that they have given no news yet on HAM/DS

Yeah, they're a small company. Hamlet is kind of like extra curricular homework at the moment from what I got from one of the Klei streams.

4 minutes ago, inferjus4 said:

So all you say is game developers agreed to Epic terms of agreement and now they have to follow them. Wow, Epic is so bad. Let's ignore the fact devs  decided to sign the contract.

I'm not ignoring Klei at fault but letting a single dev do touch ups to Hamlet is really concerning while the rest of the devs work on DST, ONI, and Griftlands.

Archived