Tips for returning player

Hi Guys,

I just recently played again last night after a long busy months(I think I last played before the Quality of life mk3 was released). Anyway any gameplay tips for returning player?  One question I just noticed that my pacu are dying now and cannot sustain population forever without feeding them, is that an update change or I did something wrong. Ty

23 minutes ago, Mullematsch said:

You might need to take the eggs out of the pool. You need to avoid the cramped and confined debuff even with wild critters. 

nope.  you can have them all on one tile and they still lay o e egg before dieing

oh my I miss this game. I miss the late night sleep trying to figure out how to convert pee into oxygen ;)

I dont quite get what happened to my pacu fish, it was swimming happily in it enclosed undig natural habitat after few cycle its gone. 

I can see there are new elements now (Ethanol, rust and salt water). I wonder how many hours of sleep I will sacrifice this time

image.png.0e9b63dd0cd9b64c3706d0f8cabf33d2.png

My pacu population was decimated by a pokeshell, it killed them when in rage, I think when there was a pokeshell egg around. Lucky enough I saw it and could kill the bastard before all was lost.
Otherwise try the new maps, they are a challenge. And maybe don’t dig up everything, leave some natural tiles for some arbor trees. Wild arbor - ethanol distiller - nosh sprouts for food or - petroleum generator for quite some extra water are great new resources. No more dirt bottleneck with the trees and pips and distillers.

1 hour ago, chemie said:

nope.  you can have them all on one tile and they still lay o e egg before dieing

Nope.  @Mullematsch is right. Well, so are you, kind of. You can avoid the cramped death and have them all on one tile if:

- you take out the eggs from their tiny pool

- or that one tile is open to a whole lot of space above

@Oni Noob, not sure what's causing your fish to die out, but if they're not cramped, and the temperature isn't crazy, they should lay an egg before they die, without any food. For your breeders, just feed them 1kg algae 2x a day. (Technically once would be enough, but I found they still get glum for a while; feeding them 2x in a cycle avoids that completely.)

Other stuff: don't sieve 100+ or below zero pwater. Nothing has a fixed temperature anymore, most buildings add heat to (or at best don't change) the output, no matter what the input material temperatures are. Wheezerworts are not worth your time, but steam turbines are good now, they can easily be the only way you control heat. Pips are fantastic. That's it off the top of my head.

43 minutes ago, biopon said:

Nope.  @Mullematsch is right. Well, so are you, kind of. You can avoid the cramped death and have them all on one tile if:

- you take out the eggs from their tiny pool

- or that one tile is open to a whole lot of space above

Correct.  I did not include the qualifications but did mean an open world tile not room.  I have not had to remove the eggs from said pool though.

General gameplay tips (don’t have anything to add on your specific issue, sorry—my last pacu farm was probably over a year ago):

Spoiler

-Every few cycles, pause the game and just pan around your base to see if there are any problems that need to be solved. I’ve had a lot of problems that I could’ve solved much sooner if I’d noticed them early on. This might be because I’m using warp a lot more than I used to.

-Salt water vents can be a good source of water, but it comes in at 95°. If you use a cooling system meant for polluted water vents, you’ll end up with hot water going to the base. 

-Germs are less of a problem now. If you have a sickbay, a doctor, and a caustic biome, you can safely explore a swamp, even without atmo-suits.

-Steam turbines are way better now

-Mods are a thing now! Use them, or don’t, it’s up to you. If you find yourself thinking “I wish I could _______” see if there’s a mod for it

-Care packages: You’re gonna end up with a lot of them, including a lot of bottles of fluid

-Don’t try to use ethanol power until you can deal with the carbon dioxide it produces.

-Waterweed is your friend. At the cost of nothing more than a small amount of bleach stone and some salt water, it produces 400 kcal per plant per cycle, and the lettuce it produces can be combined with mushrooms to make high-quality food without needing any critters. Best of all, it likes hotter temperatures, so you can generally just ignore it when it comes to cooling.

Restarted two weeks ago after one year or so, now cycle 1100 so it's game relise and I expect some fixes and normal game optimization, but still have lags, crashes every 20 cycles after cycle 1000 is like normal situation, half rocket comming back like it was year ago, dance of death still exist, new content made game much easier, most problem is lags, you can't even normally build any thing not on pause. Now I thinking about to wait one more year, or it's I suppose will be dead project. Last thing that kill me is half rocket still coming back and oxylite loading into rocket, still so much bugs with that, dupes coming for oxylite drop it muve it back to not existing roket then start dance of death and at the same time you looking on 5 fps sceen, with is killing your ideas about any new desings.

Archived