[Game Update] - 158

JanH

Don't Starve Together Update 1.58 - 9/17/2019 (PlayStation 4)

- Fixed players being disconnected when trying to enter the caves on other servers.
- Weregoose can now walk on water. (Be warned that Woodie will drown immediately if he reverts to human form over water).
- Minor increase to Werebeaver’s digging and mining strength.
- Increased Weremoose’s damage reduction to 90%.
- All of Woodie’s were-forms can now last up to half a day.
- Increased the grace period between actions before Were-meter starts speeding up.
- Reduced food stat penalties for Woodie’s consumable Idols (now equivalent to eating a single Monster Meat).
- Further reduced sanity drain while in were-form.
- Fixed Woodie’s missing mullet when chopping.
- Woodie has a 50% higher chance to spawn Poison Birchnut Trees.
- Werebeaver no longer spawns Treeguards and Poison Birchnut Trees.
- Woodie can now view the Map while transformed.
- Fixed crash when Woodie transforms while mounted.
- Fixed bug with Jellybean buff multiplying whenever Woodie transforms.
- Fixed bug with Garlic Spiced food buff calculations in Weremoose form.
- Fixed bug where Woodie would still be forced to transform after sleeping through the entire night of full moon.
- Fixed various animation bugs with Woodie skins.
- Fixed animation bugs with Rustic Cabin skin for Pig Houses.
- Boat health will no longer be shown when pressing the right stick while on land.
- Kelp is now easier to place.

NOTE: The update is currently live on PS4 and is currently with Microsoft for certification, we hope to have it live on Xbox One as soon as it passes cert.

View full update

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

Thank you for paying attention to Woodie after all these years.

Overall, I enjoyed very much all those changes, even the controversial weregoose.
One thing I think it would help with the slow-kitting from weremoose is a HP regen. Nothing crazy, however something to counter the slow movement and HP loss from eating the idol/monster meat.

Keep doing a great job guys.

Edited by AndreVRodrigues
forgot the "guys" in plural

Eyyy Thanks charles to listening to my  outcry to improve the kelp and the boat health bug, sadly the visual bug of the shadows is still there , but I mean looking good.

Spoiler

Also Lucy is colored right in the main menu now.

Edited by NoscopeFelix

• Developer
23 minutes ago, NoscopeFelix said:

Eyyy Thanks charles to listening to my  outcry to improve the kelp and the boat health bug, sadly the visual bug of the shadows is still there , but I mean looking good.

Reveal hidden contents

We wanted to get this update out to you quickly since it resolves the caves disconnection, which is a major issue for a lot of players, and brings the "real" Woody rework.

There are still some known issues, including the visual bugs and the crash when retrofitting or saving in some older/more developed worlds. These are still being worked on and we'll update again as soon as they're resolved. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

A friend just showed me that the cave bug is still the same

IMG-20190917-WA0032.jpg

13 minutes ago, Marco BR said:

IMG-20190917-WA0032.jpg

i'm not home now, i have a community, and while relaying the update there some friends are still telling me to face this difficulty in the caves

• Developer
23 minutes ago, Marco BR said:

IMG-20190917-WA0032.jpg

i'm not home now, i have a community, and while relaying the update there some friends are still telling me to face this difficulty in the caves

Can you find out they're having these problems on older worlds, or new ones as well. I fixed it for all the worlds I tested with, but maybe older/larger worlds behave slightly differently.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CharlesB said:

Can you find out they're having these problems on older worlds, or new ones as well. I fixed it for all the worlds I tested with, but maybe older/larger worlds behave slightly differently.

It's a bit old world, with over 2,500 days, it makes me a little worried about mine, that has 6,100 days

• Developer
49 minutes ago, Marco BR said:

It's a bit old world, with over 2,500 days, it makes me a little worried about mine, that has 6,100 days

Hmm, are there any other details you can find out that might be useful? Maybe what type of internet connection and speed they've got. I've tried now with some really developed worlds and haven't had any problems. Hopefully your world will just work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JanH said:

Don't Starve Together Update 1.58 - 9/17/2019 (PlayStation 4)

- Fixed players being disconnected when trying to enter the caves on other servers.
- Weregoose can now walk on water. (Be warned that Woodie will drown immediately if he reverts to human form over water).
- Minor increase to Werebeaver’s digging and mining strength.
- Increased Weremoose’s damage reduction to 90%.
- All of Woodie’s were-forms can now last up to half a day.
- Increased the grace period between actions before Were-meter starts speeding up.
- Reduced food stat penalties for Woodie’s consumable Idols (now equivalent to eating a single Monster Meat).
- Further reduced sanity drain while in were-form.
- Fixed Woodie’s missing mullet when chopping.
- Woodie has a 50% higher chance to spawn Poison Birchnut Trees.
- Werebeaver no longer spawns Treeguards and Poison Birchnut Trees.
- Woodie can now view the Map while transformed.
- Fixed crash when Woodie transforms while mounted.
- Fixed bug with Jellybean buff multiplying whenever Woodie transforms.
- Fixed bug with Garlic Spiced food buff calculations in Weremoose form.
- Fixed bug where Woodie would still be forced to transform after sleeping through the entire night of full moon.
- Fixed various animation bugs with Woodie skins.
- Fixed animation bugs with Rustic Cabin skin for Pig Houses.
- Boat health will no longer be shown when pressing the right stick while on land.
- Kelp is now easier to place.

NOTE: The update is currently live on PS4 and is currently with Microsoft for certification, we hope to have it live on Xbox One as soon as it passes cert.

View full update

The problem remains in my world :(

I don't want to lose 1500 hours of gameplay in a single world.

IMG_20190917_193923.jpg

• Sad 3

39 minutes ago, CharlesB said:

Hmm, are there any other details you can find out that might be useful? Maybe what type of internet connection and speed they've got. I've tried now with some really developed worlds and haven't had any problems. Hopefully your world will just work.

Another thing. Spider eggs I’ve placed on the lunar island haven’t even changed to tier 2. Is that normal? 

• Developer
17 minutes ago, Mano Til said:

The problem remains in my world :(

I don't want to lose 1500 hours of gameplay in a single world.

We're still working on fixing the crash when retrofitting/saving very developed/old worlds. It's a bit more complicated and will need more testing but we're confident we can get you going again. Hang tight a little longer.

Your world is super impressive, by the way; you've put so much effort into it. Great work.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• Developer
9 minutes ago, Mahoood said:

Just wanna confirm this again for future patch, spider dens are behaving in a wierd way after rot update. Some dens stuck in tier 1 for what seems like forever. 

Spider den behaviour hasn't changed, and there's nothing special about spider den growth on the Lunar island. Den growth in general is hard to predict, and sometimes stalls to prevent the world from being overrun with level 3 dens.

• Thanks 1

ive been discussing this with friends that noticed a different spider den growth after the update that seem slower and off. Then i decided to report it again.

literally one day before ROT update i was playing with a friend who was webber, constantly replanting spider dens and crafting new ones for 2 in game years straight. I just talked to him and he also reported the same experience. 

12 minutes ago, CharlesB said:

Den growth in general is hard to predict, and sometimes stalls to prevent the world from being overrun with level 3 dens.

this isnt a new feature right? i never noticed this while playing webber, my worlds were always spider conquest as webber  :D

• Like 1