lucy isn't real?

to tone down the woodie hate, so  i'm just gonna make the speculation that woodie's uhm "lucy" is simply an axe and the he's hallucinating all the speech and words.

I think this because of the absence of speech in the short and the examination of lucy by the other characters

webber states "if we talk to it will it talk back"

wendy "uhm .. hello "lucy" .. i'd like you to meet my sister"

wortox "an axe is an axe , those are facts"

wortox has the most simplistic as he is stating that it's just an axe while wendy simply does not believe but will pretend to and webber believes without a doubt yet despite that does not actually hear lucy at all.

as for the rest of the examinations, it could simply be as when you are referring to a tool as a she or he when using personification to humanise a tool 

26 minutes ago, thomas4845 said:

to tone down the woodie hate, so  i'm just gonna make the speculation that woodie's uhm "lucy" is simply an axe and the he's hallucinating all the speech and words.

I think this because of the absence of speech in the short and the examination of lucy by the other characters

webber states "if we talk to it will it talk back"

wendy "uhm .. hello "lucy" .. i'd like you to meet my sister"

wortox "an axe is an axe , those are facts"

wortox has the most simplistic as he is stating that it's just an axe while wendy simply does not believe but will pretend to and webber believes without a doubt yet despite that does not actually hear lucy at all.

as for the rest of the examinations, it could simply be as when you are referring to a tool as a she or he when using personification to humanise a tool 

Woodie is clearly crazy, and this is the nicest thing about the character. I really find it odd that some really believe that Lucy is real or even the wife

:'D

1 minute ago, Pop Guy said:

Woodie is clearly crazy, and this is the nicest thing about the character. I really find it odd that some really believe that Lucy is real or even the wife

:'D

I feel personally attacked.

I want to believe that the axe is possessed by Woodie's Wife, and you can't stop me!

this might've  not been the case if we got a hint of lore in the cinematic

(Sorry if my explanation is too long but...)I kind of wish we talked about this more since (even though I'm not a woodie main) I love the actual concept of Lucy and who she is, since she is in fact the only item, (besides rawling from shipwrecked) that is like a companion that talks and interacts to you. I'm pretty sure that when you try to grab her as any other character than woodie she immediately unequip herself and yells at you saying phrases like "your not woodie" or "Stranger Danger!" So I believe she can talk but she just mainly prefers woodie and just dont trust the other survivors.(also points to the fact how in the forge Lucy has unimplemented quotes when picked up by a non woodie she would say stuff like "This won't be a regular thing." Or "your not holding me right!" Which does imply she is only used to being held by Woodie, but in certain and dire situations she will allow herself to be held.)But the interesting thing is the fact how lucy does nothing at all during the trees a crowd trailer not even woodie tried to communicate or interact with her at all! So it's kinda a question I really want an answer to...

that was really interesting and i see where your coming with this, but some of this can be summed up to making sure no one gets lucy (balancing)

but personally if we're talking about lucy, i always thought that she could be made of living logs or she is literally a ghost that haunted an axe

Isn't it canon that Lucy is literally the soul of his wife, cursed to be the axe?

While he is cursed with were forms.

The entire family got cursed in an unknown event.

Lucy probably "died" in the process, and in order to save her, Woodie probably made a deal with the devil.

Maxwell may or may not be the devil.

Archived