Woodie's refresh - Positive opinion (Tips and tricks as well)

I am astounded at the amount of people that think Woodie's rework is bad, and after reading a vast majority of threads about the bad things about Woodie's refresh, I see that no one is pointing out the downright amazing things about his rework, and that is what I'm going to be advocating for in this thread.

Conceptually -

First of all, the idea behind this rework is amazing. Woodie is meant to be a cliche Canadian dude, and adding more Canadian things to the character such as a hockey skin, and two new Canadian-based animals to his curse really pushes that image. He is also much more refined in this update, every refresh so far has shown that the character has grasped their abilities and found new ways to use them, and this refresh reflects the exact same thing. Now I am going to go into each form and also a few arguments as well as provide some tips and tricks that I have discovered in the first few of hours that I've played.

BEAVER FORM-

The beaver form hasn't changed, but HAS been affected positively by the new addition of the were-meter, now you can cut down tons of trees and dig up stumps in no time at the cost of logs and a few monster meat, in comparison to a golden ax and shovel that other characters would have to use, or nightmare fuel along with tools and time that maxwell would need for minions to chop and dig, this is a significantly faster and more material efficient method to tree chopping.

GOOSE FORM-

I cannot fathom why people do not like this change. Making lots of idols to become a goose is easy, and they are an AMAZING tool for scouting out the caves, traveling long distances, and just getting around in general, while yes you do get an empty stomach after using one, you can plan to use these as you were going hungry, and eat after you finish your journey, just make sure to use multiple in one go and plan out where you want to go. This isn't really made for walking around, this is made for scouting, long trips and having night vision while going very fast. The goose form also completely IGNORES the sandstorms in the oasis desert so it's an amazing way to get in and out of an oasis base or find the antlion/go to it if you don't have goggles or simply just don't want to use them.

MOOSE FORM-

This is the form people complain about the most and I cannot understand why. I have also not seen a single thread that points out all of the insanely amazing uses for it's charge ability. You can farm herds of splumonkeys, spiders, frogs, bees, and many other basic and aggressive mobs alike with this ability with an incredible amount of ease, I would even go as to say that his ability to farm in moose form makes Wendy and Webber obsolete, but I would need to test more (and obviously this is potentially bound to change when they are refreshed). And not only can you farm all of these things amazingly, you can do it with just a few grass and some monster meat, no tools, nothing. You MIGHT get a little banged up depending on what you farm, but all you have to do afterwards is heal. The moose form is an incredibly efficient method for farming mass amounts of mob drops. And as for combat, it can take on anything that isn't a boss with absolutely no problem. I have fought almost everything so far that was just an aggressive mob and it worked out just fine, and I didn't have to have a log suit or football helmet, nor did I have to craft any weapons. Woodie is an incredibly efficient combatant now. I'm also going to add this in tips, but I'm guessing since this is what most people will probably read I will put this here; WOODIE CAN EAT JELLY BEANS AND THEN RAPIDLY HEAL WHILE IN MOOSE FORM, THIS IS INCREDIBLY EFFICIENT FOR  FIGHTING IN MOOSE FORM IN RISKY FIGHTS OR IN GENERAL. I also saw someone wanting the charge ability to be removed, DO NOT REMOVE IT, IT IS INSANELY USEFUL IN TOO MANY WAYS TO COUNT. 

WOODIE FORM-

Woodie is a pretty basic man outside of his main abilities, as are pretty much every single character in the game. One argument I saw is that Woodie outside of his forms doesn't have much to his character, that is a pointless argument because the forms are A PART of his character and are to be utilized just as you would use Maxwell's book, or Abigail's flower, or Wickerbottom's books, and so on. And considering the forms are apart of his character and not an external factor, it is arguable that his forms are a part of his core character which makes his "Woodie form" more complex than any other character in the game. But take away all of the forms and here are the things he can do-

Have followers longer

Chop trees incredibly fast

Have a 50% higher chance to spawn tree guards

Own an infinite, talking axe that is unique to him

Have the ability to craft 3 unique idols

The things REMOVED from this form are-

The log meter

Sanity gain from planting pine cones

These were his most unpredictable and unappealing features, and it was an extremely healthy change to remove them. People who are experienced often do not appreciate the unwanted sanity regeneration or the constant chore of having to eat wood. The changes to his basic form are incredibly nice and good for his character.

MY THOUGHTS-

I really think that the expectations for this character are way overboard, he has gotten completely overhauled for the better and excels in a potentially endless amount of tasks, his downsides lay in the fact that he loses health and sanity from going into forms, but as with any character, experience with them will show ways to negate these downsides. Woodie is downright the most practical character in this game now, the ability to do just about any task without tools or armor is invaluable. I'm glad they added so much to this character, he now truly feels like a cursed Canadian lumberjack that has learned how to harness his abilities. As for late game usefulness, a lot of abilities get negated by having everything no matter which character you're playing, but his effectiveness with farming due to the moose form's charge ability will always work no matter what point in the game you're at, along with his higher change to spawn tree guards, which will always be useful, he will always be able to level forests in a moment's notice without any preparation, and will always be able to have fun and refreshing abilities to use in just about any situation. As a person who has mained Woodie since I started playing, I can say that for now, the road to figuring out every use of this refresh looks good, as does the character refresh as a whole. He has just become a significantly better and more practical version of himself and I love that. The ONLY thing I would change would be that the goose can swim, and that is definitely something I agree with everyone else on, other than that I have no complaints about this guy, he's not perfect nor will he ever be but that isn't the reason I main him, and I'm excited to push all of his new abilities to their limits as I continue playing. Now I will go into tips and tricks that I have discovered while testing and playing him today.

TIPS AND TRICKS-

Moose form can use charge to farm a long list of mobs, use this to your advantage when fighting groups of them or when wanting to farm in general as Woodie.

Moose form can rapidly heal from jelly beans, this is really useful in fights where you will inevitably take damage such as with bosses.

Moose form can utilize Warly's spices to give him more damage and damage resistance, this really helps with their synergy.

All of Woodie's forms can run through a sandstorm in the oasis desert without any movement penalties, this is best utilized with goose form. This small trick can be used to find the antlion very fast.

The moose form can be used for a quick and easy solution to a hound wave, out of all my tests it is nearly impossibly to be overwhelmed if you are actively fighting in moose form and using his charge ability to take out groups if they start to cluster together. 

The goose form can be used to map out caves very early in the game and very well, all you need is a good amount of idols, a bit of food to negate the afterward effects, and a torch to use outside of form transformations.

Moose form can still receive Wortox heals while fighting, this means he is practically invincible if he has a wortox to heal him while tanking a mob, due to not having any amount of armor durability.

Use charge to quickly get away from a mob you're fighting before transforming back, this should give you a good amount of time to prepare to fight without the form or go back into the form, depending on what mob you're fighting. It's best to use your own discretion on when to use the form or not, but the usefulness of the moose form's charge ability should be factored into whatever plans you make.

YOU CAN NOW OPEN YOUR MAP NO MATTER WHAT FORM YOU ARE IN.

Lore and animation-

I personally do not have an issue with the animation they made, however I feel like the fact that he didn't have a backstory is significant and I've thought about it a lot, and I have only come up with one solution. He just DOESN'T have one. It simply does not make sense that they wouldn't have a backstory for him when they have for EVERY OTHER character they've refreshed, and the only thing I can come up with is that he was created by Maxwell to BE his silly, twisted interpretation of a Canadian guy, and while he does have a few quotes that talk about things that he did in his past, I think they are just a fake memory that Maxwell planted in his head. This is the only thing that makes sense to me, and would explain why he has so many cliche's, and why he is so awkwardly supernatural in comparison to the rest of the cast, the log meter doesn't make sense, the were meter doesn't make sense, eating logs doesn't make sense, a talking axe doesn't make sense, he's just simply was created that way. It would also explain why his wereforms have night vision just like the rest of the mobs in the game, and why he has a curse in the first place. This also explains his reactions to just about every crazy thing in the game, he never really has a surprised reaction to anything, just talks about it like he doesn't know anything else. Anyway, that's just my take on it, but as I said it could be very wrong, I just feel like there's a reason he doesn't have a clear true backstory.

Conclusion-

There's probably a bit I left out here, but all in all I think that this refresh isn't nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be, and his farming potential makes him a very useful character. He's super fun and unique and I'm going to very much enjoy all of the new things he can do as I play him. Let me know what you guys think and anything I may have left out, and any other tips and tricks you've discovered! And a huge thanks to Klei for constantly giving us amazing content! Although there are things that not everyone agrees with, this company really knows how to find a middle ground and listen and work correctly, and I am very happy that they've put so much into this game over the last year. I look forward to the future of Don't Starve and Don't Starve Together!

You pretty much said what I said in other threads and more. Another little tip for ruins rush is if you don't want to deal with the 30hp penalty before finding blue mushtrees but want to explore faster, you can simply eat the cooked monster meat instead. Even if it's not always the Goose, the other transformations are still  faster than the default speed or close to in case with the Moose spamming charge, plus free night vision.

they uh actually fixed the increased healing from jelly beans with moose form in the [Game Update] - 367616 that rolled out about 2-3 hours ago 

3 hours ago, V2C said:
  • Fixed crash when Woodie transforms while mounted.
  • Fixed bug with Jellybean buff multiplying whenever Woodie transforms.
  • Fixed bug with Garlic Spiced food buff calculations in Weremoose form.
  • Fixed animation bugs with Rustic Cabin skin for Pig Houses.

View full update

Most of the praise you've put on the forms is deeply and fundamentally flawed.  Instead of picking apart a wall of text I'm going to use the best example, the goose form.

To turn into the goose form it costs you 3 monster meat, 3 seeds, 30 health and 20 sanity.  You then lose 0.5 sanity per second for the minute or so you can maintain the form at best, which will cost you another 30-60 sanity.  Finally, when transforming back you're set to 0 hunger and immediately start taking starvation damage.

There is no scenario where getting 15% more movespeed than a walking cane and being unable to attack, craft, build, or gather is worth 30 health, 50-80 sanity, and all your hunger.

Similarly, if you think werebeaver is better now than he was before I think you're making a massive error in analysis.

Previously werebeaver cost you only easily recoverable sanity via pinecones whereas now it costs 30 health, 20 sanity, an additonal 30-60 sanity and all your hunger.  Woodie in human form is generally more efficient for trees and lets you also get more treeguards to farm living logs.  Werebeaver still is quite slow to dig up stumps and a lot more expensive to use.

The art in this rework is great, I wish the same care was put into the mechanics.

5 hours ago, MurkyMind said:

I am astounded at the amount of people that think Woodie's rework is bad, and after reading a vast majority of threads about the bad things about Woodie's refresh, I see that no one is pointing out the downright amazing things about his rework, and that is what I'm going to be advocating for in this thread...

You left out that you have to kill a bee queen to get the royal jelly that you can make a jelly bean with. And the moose form requires at least 6-7 uses if not more to beat the bee queen with and even then there is a very good chance that you instantly die after transforming back to woodie.

+ If i remember well, you can't even kill a pig with one moose charge. Yet you can destroy a pig house/rock with two? 
Are mobs similar to pigs hard as rocks and houses? Cos its a bit ridicilous + it drains alot of your weremeter that you never gonna fill up cos 9/10 times you won't have jelly beans to fill it back up.

6 hours ago, MurkyMind said:

he goose form can be used to map out caves very early in the game and very well, all you need is a good amount of idols, a bit of food to negate the afterward effects, and a torch to use outside of form transformations.

EXM? I could even use old Woodie to solo Ancient Guardian in 3days.

How many monster meat will you cost in cave traveling by goose form? Whatever, you will die after eating 5 idols. Because each idol cost 30 health.

his is the form people complain about the most and I cannot understand why. I have also not seen a single thread that points out all of the insanely amazing uses for it's charge ability. You can farm herds of splumonkeys, spiders, frogs, bees, and many other basic and aggressive mobs alike with this ability with an incredible amount of ease, I would even go as to say that his ability to farm in moose form makes Wendy and Webber obsolete, but I would need to test more (and obviously this is potentially bound to change when they are refreshed). And not only can you farm all of these things amazingly, you can do it with just a few grass and some monster meat, no tools, nothing. You MIGHT get a little banged up depending on what you farm, but all you have to do afterwards is heal. The moose form is an incredibly efficient method for farming mass amounts of mob drops. And as for combat, it can take on anything that isn't a boss with absolutely no problem. I have fought almost everything so far that was just an aggressive mob and it worked out just fine, and I didn't have to have a log suit or football helmet, nor did I have to craft any weapons. Woodie is an incredibly efficient combatant now. I'm also going to add this in tips, but I'm guessing since this is what most people will probably read I will put this here; WOODIE CAN EAT JELLY BEANS AND THEN RAPIDLY HEAL WHILE IN MOOSE FORM, THIS IS INCREDIBLY EFFICIENT FOR  FIGHTING IN MOOSE FORM IN RISKY FIGHTS OR IN GENERAL. I also saw someone wanting the charge ability to be removed, DO NOT REMOVE IT, IT IS INSANELY USEFUL IN TOO MANY WAYS TO COUNT. 

Just responding to this, moose form is basically a human character with a hambat and a logsuit for 1:30 seconds. He's actually worse at fighting anything meaningful(not trash mobs) than normal woodie, because normal woodie has access to healing, utility items, and the same damage and armor and is faster and can kite better. For 2 monster meats more, you can get a hambat instead of making an idol and go cut down some trees for a log suit. 

The charge is the only midly interesting thing about him, but the use cases are not really that practical. First of he definitely does not make webber obsolete in any way shape or form. Webber still is the safest, most efficient way to farm spiders. He has no danger and no spider cap that he can kill, unlike wendy. He also pays one mm for this ability, loses no health or sanity and has access to his items.

Woodie and Wendy are close enough to not make much of a difference, woodie has to charge back and forth to kill a bunch of spiders and has a decent recovery time, while wendy attracts them to Abigail and just deals aoe. They are both probably pretty close in timings to not matter, except woodie can do more spiders at a time since he doesn't need to take damage, but only for 1:30 seconds while wendy has it whenever for the cost of an inventory slot, and he also has to line them up first. Not obsolete.

Not to mention spider farming is replaceable. You could easily automate this with bunnies and not bother. So being strong at farming spiders shouldn't be his "niche". Farming frogs, splemonkeys, or bees are all low demand and not really useful. Except during a frog rain if you don't want to leave you base to have them despawn for some reason.

All in all I fail to see why moose woodie is better than any character fighting anything more than decent. The jellybean trick requires a strong boss item that woodie ironically is not great at doing, it is probably going to get patched out anyway like the garlic trick.

I think that what they did is great in concept and art, but the problems pointed out by most people, myself included, are the amount of damage taken by the idols, and the extremely short time of transformations to make it worth it. It doesnt matter if they are cheap, even as cheap as they are, the amount of damage and short time make the forms very hard to be useful.

I believe that simple changes what would satisfy everyone would be:

• Considerably more transformation time: Either add (much) more time to all the creature forms, enough to do something meaningful, or just add more time as goose, and let moose and beaver actually regain beaverness as they do what they must so you can actually make your transformation worth the cost and risk. I know it has been taken into account the fact that you can mistake the forms, or someone can force feed you and idol, however the drain for not doing what you are meant to do as that form can let you quickly out, so that shouldn't be a problem, just wait a few seconds for the transformation to go away if you want out.
  • Lower the initial damage taken: the idols shouldn't damage you that much, specially if you are going to fight, you start off as heavily damaged which is never a good idea. Lower the damage taken to 15 damage, paired with my previous suggestion it will make it worthwhile.
  • Give the initial drain of meter a few grace seconds, at least 2 or 3 seconds after you first transform before it kicks in, to give you some time to start doing what you have to: usually it takes a few seconds to engage an enemy as the moose, and the heavy drain already takes you to half your charge even before you could do anything. Enemies are dinamic and don't stay next to you.

8 hours ago, Toros said:

Most of the praise you've put on the forms is deeply and fundamentally flawed.  Instead of picking apart a wall of text I'm going to use the best example, the goose form.

To turn into the goose form it costs you 3 monster meat, 3 seeds, 30 health and 20 sanity.  You then lose 0.5 sanity per second for the minute or so you can maintain the form at best, which will cost you another 30-60 sanity.  Finally, when transforming back you're set to 0 hunger and immediately start taking starvation damage.

There is no scenario where getting 15% more movespeed than a walking cane and being unable to attack, craft, build, or gather is worth 30 health, 50-80 sanity, and all your hunger.

Similarly, if you think werebeaver is better now than he was before I think you're making a massive error in analysis.

Previously werebeaver cost you only easily recoverable sanity via pinecones whereas now it costs 30 health, 20 sanity, an additonal 30-60 sanity and all your hunger.  Woodie in human form is generally more efficient for trees and lets you also get more treeguards to farm living logs.  Werebeaver still is quite slow to dig up stumps and a lot more expensive to use.

The art in this rework is great, I wish the same care was put into the mechanics.

Turn into moose 2 times in a row in ruins and do your stuff. Eat blue caps after every second transformation or when you go low on hp. Repeat.

Want to explore? Eat 2 cooked monster meat, did you get goose then you're good to go. Beaver? The same thing + you can break a few things along the way. Moose? Keep spamming charge. No 30hp penalties while still being faster than normal speed.

Are you in the spider+pig forest biome? Eat 2 cooked meat. Goose for exploring it and checking which pig respawned. Beaver to get logs. Moose to farm spiders/pigs. No 30hp cost again.

Want to transform? Well, transform when your hunger is around 0-3. While you're at that, if you like to transform a lot just keep your hunger always low so you lose none to almost no hunger. The damage you take for being at 0 hunger for a few seconds is pretty negligible anyway and there are plenty of ways to recover HP in DST. The best time to transform is if you can use at least 2 of the transformations to great effect so you avoid the hp penalty from totems and leave to RNG to decide what you do. The second best time is when you find a bee biome and clean it with Moose to make honey based food or when you have a bird cage + desert for pierogis, making the totems health penalty redundant.

The only downside with Woodie if you know how to abuse his mechanics is just the low sanity, since you can easily bypass the hunger and hp penalties. But would you look at that, low sanity is good, specially with a higher Tree Guard spawn rate.

IMO he is in a good spot if you don't blindly transform using totems while making good use of the transformations from just cooked monster meat. And if you don't want to deal with any downsides at all you can just play as Woodie.

Or I could be wrong and his downsides definitely can't be played around at all thus making him bad. Hmm

10 minutes ago, Sweaper said:

-snip-

Pls stop justifying bad design with mental gymnastics. Current were-forms are bad no matter what. Sure being poor can mean "micro-management at a small financial level", but fact of matter is - it's "being poor" all the same, you just bedizen it.

Old DST "beaten-up" Werebeaver could run for Ruins day 1, no preparation needed. And because of wood-meter mechanic, poor armor-attack specs and insanity monsters, was considered subpar. Now you also need "preparation" for obligatory trashing of stats and these forms are harder to control and/or maintain, not mentioning the fact you could spontaneously revert in the most unsuitable moment. "Lovely" rework..

19 minutes ago, Sweaper said:

Turn into moose 2 times in a row in ruins and do your stuff. Eat blue caps after every second transformation or when you go low on hp. Repeat.

Want to explore? Eat 2 cooked monster meat, did you get goose then you're good to go. Beaver? The same thing + you can break a few things along the way. Moose? Keep spamming charge. No 30hp penalties while still being faster than normal speed.

Are you in the spider+pig forest biome? Eat 2 cooked meat. Goose for exploring it and checking which pig respawned. Beaver to get logs. Moose to farm spiders/pigs. No 30hp cost again.

Want to transform? Well, transform when your hunger is around 0-3. While you're at that, if you like to transform a lot just keep your hunger always low so you lose none to almost no hunger. The damage you take for being at 0 hunger for a few seconds is pretty negligible anyway and there are plenty of ways to recover HP in DST. The best time to transform is if you can use at least 2 of the transformation to great effect so you avoid the hp penalty from totems and leave to RNG to decide what you do. The second best time is when you find a bee biome and clean it with Moose to make honey based food or when you have a bird cage + desert for pierogis, making the totems health penalty redundant.

The only downside with Woodie if you know how to abuse his mechanics is just the low sanity, since you can easily bypass the hunger and hp penalties. But would you look at that, low sanity is good, specially with a higher Tree Guard spawn rate.

IMO he is in a good spot if you don't blindly transform using totems while making good use of the transformations from just cooked monster meat. And if you don't want to deal with any downsides at all you can just play as Woodie.

Or I could be wrong and his downsides definitely can't be played around at all thus making him bad. Hmm

Most of your examples fall into the exact same situation.  While I can see why how you’d use the transformation in those examples I can’t see how transforming is more helpful than staying human.

I don’t see any advantage in eating bluecaps to be moose in the ruins instead of being human and saving your stats.

During the earlygame exploration where goose speed is most helpful, you can’t gather resources and healing isn’t trivial because you don’t have a crockpot.

Mass bee murder can provide a lot of honey, but a bee box or three can already provide a lot of honey.

My flowchart just keeps cycling back to “stay human, spend sanity on dark swords instead” because human is a far more efficient and powerful form with no drawbacks.

Two cooked monster meat is slightly cheaper as it costs you 6 health and 20 sanity to transform instead of 30 health and 20 sanity but there’s a good chance you get a useless form for what you were intending to do.

The “leave to rng to decide what you do” doesn’t seem to work well with the short duration of the forms and the most cost efficient hunger restoration being meatballs.  This still doesn’t account for the heavy sanity costs for the forms for relatively little gain.

In pretty much every scenario I can think of Woodie staying in human form leaves you better off.  He’s better at fighting than moose, better at gathering anything but logs than beaver (and the speed difference isn’t much different if you pull up stumps) and you don’t need to spend extra resources on health, hunger, sanity.

People rightly felt that werebeaver before was too expensive to use for what you got from it and the cost when playing optimally was just planting some pinecones.

Now the form is fundamentally the same but can’t be sustained at low sanity and costs at least 30 health, 50 sanity, and all your remaining hunger to use.

48 minutes ago, Toros said:

because human is a far more efficient and powerful form with no drawbacks.

Yes, I agree with this at the end of the day.

As for some of your other points and considering that I mostly play on public servers of my region where there are usually 10-12 people playing, which will definitely not apply to most people. Getting gold and flint when you enter after day 10 can be a nightmare at times, unless you find Pig King for the gold or someone willing to give you 2 flints for pickaxe and then your future axe as weapon or spear if you find a machine. So being able to get equipment status with only monster meat is pretty OP making it easier to go to ruins while cutting time with the surface exploration.

Early game exploration you should be using cooked monster meat instead of tokens, I personally never had a problem eating those early game with all the butterflies and spider glands or cooked berries/carrots if desperate for HP.

For bees, you're better off killing them and the beehives, instead of making bee boxes since flowers are, well... flowers. Unless you put those in caves far away from everything and everyone, but the honey production will be kinda slow and for a server that will probably reset in a few hours it's not worth my time building them.

Shadow manipulator for Dark Swords is good, the problem is getting the purple gem outside ruins. Gotta love public servers with a lot of people, amirite? While we are at weapons, pig skins can be pretty hard to come by too.

So, for me who plays on servers with a lot of people and a world that is flint on the floor and gold rocks starved Woodie is pretty good for being able to ignore rushing a science machine.

Yes, this is a pretty specific case and most people don't play on servers with more than 10 people. But, for me at least, he is in a good spot since I'll take everything that can ignore flint and gold gathering. Even the old Werebeaver with its insulation and attack higher than Lucy's was good enough for me, I just got more tools to play with.

Also Just so not to be a negative nancy since this is a tip topic. Moose charge is pretty good at taking down beefalo herds pretty fast, which is actually a pretty good use that many characters have trouble doing. At least early game when beefalo fur is good.

10 hours ago, 359368170 said:

How many monster meat will you cost in cave traveling by goose form? Whatever, you will die after eating 5 idols. Because each idol cost 30 health.

Well, of course roaming around the caves with greater speed and nightvision isn't free. I bet you know how to cook some healing food, don't you. But you're right - now you have to wait one more day to catch some fish, steal some eggs or get honey before you venture into the caves.

8 hours ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

I mean yeah I agree its great, but some small changes would be nice, the forms last way too short to be useful for the cost of a full hunger bar

Why don't people get you don't have to lose any hunger if you use it when having 0 hunger? Facepalm. Rather the longer lasting forms would be nice for reasons:
1) less crafting recipes needed.
2) no need to heal that much afterwards.
and most importantly 3) he'd be more FUN and less FRUSTRATING

But i wouldn't longer it for more then 150%

9 hours ago, Ermac__ said:

Just responding to this, moose form is basically a human character with a hambat and a logsuit for 1:30 seconds.

False. Moose form is basically a human character with a hambat and unbreakable logsuit,... and nightvision and overheating resistance and water resistance and freezing resistance all the while carying a backpack for i'm not sure how much time.

because normal woodie has access to healing, utility items, and the same damage and armor and is faster and can kite better.

not the same armor - better armor, because he can use better suits and head slot.

I hate when people forget to set the record straight for the sake of their argument.

Advanced issues found

1 hour ago, Cr4zyFl4mes said:

False. Moose form is basically a human character with a hambat and unbreakable logsuit,... and nightvision and overheating resistance and water resistance and freezing resistance all the while carying a backpack for i'm not sure how much time.

And unbreakable logsuit for 1:30 seconds. Which is not much different practice than having another logsuit in your inventory. If moose didn't have constant damage reduction he'd be even worse than he is now. So I'm not really sure what that adds, seems like a mootpoint.

Human form woodie also has access to all the things you mentioned.

not the same armor - better armor, because he can use better suits and head slot.

I hate when people forget to set the record straight for the sake of their argument.

That seems really pedantic. Woodie has access to the same armor...as as well as better. the point was woodie can basically use mid tier gear that easy to get and have the same exact stats with none of the downsides and almost all the upsides.

Is this the same logic Klei went by when deciding to nerf Woodie?

The only good thing is the moose charge, but it's hardly important as most of the things its useful for are easy mobs like spiders and hounds.

Werebeaver runs out too fast and has a higher cost of use.

Goose form is worthless, it again has a high cost of use, lasts a minute tops, and cannot interact with anything. Not worth it by any extent.

No one is going to argue that the art and music are great, but you're just having a differing opinion without doing any of the math or logical thinking.

Archived