skin question: The trawler

9 minutes ago, cantbeatdaboss said:

This same question could be asked for The Minotaur and The Uncorrupted and The Hollow and The Oasisbound

Well it makes more sense for "The Trawler" than any of the other skins, aside from Oasis bound.

I could totally see Oasis bound being the Summer equivalent to Verdant/Snowfallen skin sets.

But the others just don't really make sense.

• Minotaur doesn't really mesh with any other characters (aside from Wormwood MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!)
  • Uncorrupted would just be the default look because it's the uncorrupted version of the Triumphant set
  • I don't even wanna think of the implications of a "hollow" Wilson... :wilson_curious:

2 minutes ago, cantbeatdaboss said:

This same question could be asked for The Minotaur and The Uncorrupted and The Hollow and The Oasisbound

Contender is already a theme that can be explored later.

Minotaur could be for satyr and centaur types.

Oasisbound can be for Islamic and desert based outfits.

Uncorrupted can work like Maxwell's untriumphant.

Industrious could be where we finally either get WX's retro or steampunk skins?

Here is how I'd see it
The Minotaur could be unraveled into The Myths Collection, where Klei can draw inspiration from Gods, Goddesses or other Mythological Creatures,
The Uncorrupted could be unraveled into The Corrupted Collection, what that could mean is entirely up to interpretation,
The Hollow could be unraveled into something along the lines of the Creepy Wendy, basically where it would look like the Character is an empty Husk (Thus Hollow)
The Oasisbound could be unraveled into an overall Desert theme, be it Arabic Culture, fancy plants or unique critters (Scorpion Webber) to the desert
The Trawler could be unraveled into a sea theme, be it Woodie the Argh, Harr, harr Pirate! Sea Creatures (Jellyfish or Crab Webber?) and other sea associated jobs or things!

3 minutes ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

The Hollow could be unraveled into something along the lines of the Creepy Wendy, basically where it would look like the Character is an empty Husk (Thus Hollow)

Wouldn't that mean that axe murderer willow, wip wx, and mad scientist Wilson would be along the same set?

Just now, minespatch said:

Wouldn't that mean that axe murderer willow, wip wx, and mad scientist Wilson would be along the same set?

Willow is a reference to Wednesday Addams,
I dont think Mad Scientist Wilson is something I'd call an empty Husk, just insanity
I think since WX78 is already a Hollow Shell (Heartless) he'd be the Unhollow (that just sounds wrong lol)

Now, I got the memory of a goldfish, but I think Klei said that every new character and character refresh would get a unique skin based on their past. For instance, Winonas is based on her working in Woxola factory, Wortox's uncorrupted is him before he ate Krampus soul, Forlorn doll Willow is based around childhood abandonment and/or trauma and Warly fished alot as a kid according to the frames on the walls, and he knows alot about fish based foods.

The only strange one is Wormwood, as he didn't really have a 'before' state as he is pretty much a toddler still. I believe all his skins are actually cannon, and that there are more than one Wormwood.

14 hours ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

Here is how I'd see it
The Minotaur could be unraveled into The Myths Collection, where Klei can draw inspiration from Gods, Goddesses or other Mythological Creatures,
The Uncorrupted could be unraveled into The Corrupted Collection, what that could mean is entirely up to interpretation,
The Oasisbound could be unraveled into an overall Desert theme, be it Arabic Culture, fancy plants or unique critters (Scorpion Webber) to the desert
The Trawler could be unraveled into a sea theme, be it Woodie the Argh, Harr, harr Pirate! Sea Creatures (Jellyfish or Crab Webber?) and other sea associated jobs or things!

Loved the idea for the Oasis Bound characters, so I drew up a few of them. None are super great, but it's late and I'm tired.

skinideas1.jpg

Archived