The hectic state of DS's continuity.

Up until a few months ago, the DS lore was a very simple timeline that went something like this:

-Prequel stuff happens

-Max and Charlie sucked in

-Stuff happens

-Non-Wilson characters are sucked in

-Voxila fire

-Wilson is sucked in

-Adventure mode

-Charlie boots Wilson off the throne

-Wilson and Max team up, DST starts

-Winona enters sometime after everyone else

-Ancient gateway is discovered, events start.

And now the DS timeline looks like this:

-Prequel stuff happens

-Max and Charlie sucked in

-Stuff happens

-Non-Wilson characters are sucked in

-Voxila fire, Winona and Wagstaff are sucked in. The most confusing thing is that queen Charlie appears, even though Maxwell is on the throne at this point?

-Wilson is sucked in

-Adventure mode

-Charlie boots Wilson off the throne.

-Winona enters the constant..........?

-Wortox

-Return of Them happens, meaning Wilson and co now have plot amour or are in two places at once.

-Wormwood and Warly.

Things we don't have a time for:

-SW and Hamlet, must occur before ROT.

-DS Wagstaff, must occur before he's sucked in.

Spoiler

image.png.eff4bf0a8596036dcaef2d29b921ad97.png

If someone can please explain to me how this works, that would be highly appreciated.

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, Raspberry Shake said:

The most confusing thing is that queen Charlie appears, even though Maxwell is on the throne at this point?

Can you provide screenshot or some info? In Winona's cinematic we see Charlie in her pre-Throne state

-Winona enters the constant..........?

I personally believe that it's Winona joining the dst. She entered the Constant in singlepalyer but was so far away that only activating the Ancient Gateway connected her with the rest of survivors

Things we don't have a time for:

-SW and Hamlet, must occur before ROT.

-DS Wagstaff, must occur before he's sucked in.

1. That's how i see it: Constant is a place where time and death don't matter. Wilson died- started again- tried to escape via boat- went to Sw- died there- started again- tried to escape via hot air baloon- went to Ham- died there- started again- decided to stay in Rog- died there and so on and so forth untill he found Maxwell's Door

2. Singleplayer Wagstaff is a projection while the Wagstaff we see in Winona's cinematic could be the real one.

-Return of Them happens, meaning Wilson and co now have plot amour or are in two places at once.

Maybe the RoT trailer will reveal how they're back in Constnt

Also...

@Zeklo

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That's Grue Charlie in Winona's short, same as the way she appeared in the A New Reign cinematic before she took the throne and merged her good and evil selves. Queen Charlie is the one with the hat and the fancy dress.

I think it's just as possible that Return of Them takes place before the Forge and Gorge, even though it was released later IRL. The options would seem to be either "Forge/Gorge happens first, and something as-yet-unexplained sends the characters back to the Constant after Gorge" or "RoT happens first and whatever else happens to the characters, they won't get trapped somewhere that they can't get back to the Constant in time to open the Ancient Gateway". (I don't think it fits the tone of DS for them to die permanently in-story.)

Shipwrecked and Hamlet I guess could take place any time before Adventure Mode? The Seaworthy and Skyworthy do allow the characters to get back to the main Constant after trying to sail or balloon away and failing.

• Thanks 3

I still think that Winona and Wagstaff entered Constant before DST, but theye were kidnapped/trapped in some way. Maybe Maxwell or Charlie wanted to use Wagstaff's knowledge to create some things (bioengineery like Goose/Goose, Bearger etc. or creating clockworks. Who knows) and Winona was his trusted emploee and was helping. The fact that Wagstaff doesn't appear in DST may mean that he is still imprisoned, and Winona escaped. Unfortunatelly she doesn't say anything about that.

Edited by Cytryn7

Having Wilson in multiple places at once realty isn't a stretch because two Wilsons can spawn from the portal.

While Event Wilson is busy, hopping through dimensions. The portal could pop out another Wilson and Wigfrid to help out Winona.

It seems the timeline based on who gets thrown into the forge/gorge is a little bit more flexible to who gets tossed in. As you can play as any of the characters and with any multiples in the game.

The only thing that refutes multiple Wilsons or Same characters existing at the same time is that I have never seen it in one of the DS/T trailers.

• Like 2

hmmmmmm...    Maybe once we get more character animated shorts, it will fill in some of these plot holes. we have had a few hints to things going on in the winona short on the bulletin board in the beginning, so maybe there'll be more plot hints soon.

• Thanks 1

Just now, minespatch said:

59ffa0b758111_arielthumbpointing.png.128d6004f2c461dec1baea89dff92761.pngThis.

They really need to call back to that in the woodie short. Since he's featured on the board.

dear Klei, gimme Woodie and Wes lore, show me  what Webber looked like before he got eaten, and make me cry at Abigail's death.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 22/8/2019 at 4:55 AM, minespatch said:

I have to wonder how Woodie is connected to the Factory:

ooooooo.png.87e8b28737f42d245a2bd4b30260

well there are a lot of answer, like how wendy is connected to woodie or wickerbottom connected to WX (her quotes while examine wx are slighly different from most of other char "Ah, the automaton.Greetings[char name]! dear!")

After some research i have discovered that:

-time have passed from a missing and another. It must be years since max and charlie get into the costant the 17 april 1906 and winona and almost certainly wagstaff (voxola fire happened in 1916)

-there are 3 type of link with the missing:

-The Fire like the fire af the orphanage (strange thing since willow  age should be in early 20s, maybe she's entered the constant not much time after the fire and she stayed in orphanage until she was 17/18), the voxola fire, the library fire as we see in this image that is somehow linked to wickerbottom, the fire at san francisco (linked to maxwell and charlie so it must have been the first fire)

-The machines/the portals: like the ones that wilson and wagstaff made (and winona repaired) that are linked to the DST world portal and the one linked near the woodie missing poster

the shadows/items linked to shadows: related to willow, wilson portal, warly (the gramophone looks exactly like the one that is near the nightmare throne)

in the end whe have char that come from the costant or from the hub (wormwood and wortox)

so after those research (some part are still missing but can be found on another tread

the storyline starting from raspberry's shake's line of events (i marked the changes with bold writing) should be: 

On 14/8/2019 at 9:26 AM, Raspberry Shake said:

-ancient reign fall, Them take control over the costant

-Prequel stuff happens

-Max and Charlie sucked in and probably wendy (san francisco fire) [1906]

--library fire [1911]wickerbottom get sucked in

-some char get into the costant (probably woody enter in the costant in this period) 

-Voxila fire, Winona (and probably Wagstaff) enter the costant [1919]#

-Wilson is sucked in #

-Adventure mode

-Charlie boots Wilson off the throne

-some char get into the costant (at the moment we can't know who came into before or after dst cause we don't know when the event have happened,like willow fire)

-Wortox*

-Wormwood come to life #

-return of them, the moon fall #

-the forge

-the gorge

events marked with an * may have happened before the mention

event marked with an # may have happened at the same time or very closely

This is how things maybe have happened chronologicaly.

Speaking of sw and hamlet as far as i know the costant is made of more worlds linked by portals (like in adventure mode) and it's part of the hub, thats should be like a multiverse where we can travel through ancient gateway. or maybe they just have to be implemented into DST and developers are still working on it.

Edited by Zephiro
  • Like 1