What are your strategies for dealing with Carbon Dioxide?

As the title says, what are your favorite ways to recycle/rid yourself of Carbon Dioxide?

I've been thinking about putting mesh/airflow tiles in my room's floors, so that all the Co2 will pool at the bottom, around an Electrolyzer. The Hydrogen will rise to the top, to be caught by a Gas Pump, filter out the oxygen, and pump the hydrogen into a hydrogen generator.

Alternatively, (or in conjunction with the hypothetical above), pumping all the Co2 into a Dusk Cap farm, and when it reaches max capacity, using the above strategy.

Another good utilization is Slickster Farming. I haven't tried this one myself, so I haven't much to say about it, but it sounds profitable!

I'd like to hear your ideas, though. What works for you? :)

For my part I use a Carbon Skimmer, it's pretty effective and transform a decent amount of pure water into polluted one, which can be used in a metal refinery, or in Pincha Pepper Plants if it's too hot

Edit : it' been ages since I made a Cap farm. I only use wild ones.

5 minutes ago, oosyrag said:

Slicksters for oil.

Scrubbing if you need polluted water.

Otherwise vent to space.

But why would you vent to space, unless you have excess?

3 minutes ago, Dracian said:

For my part I use a Carbon Skimmer, it's pretty effective and transform a decent amount of pure water into polluted one, which can be used in a metal refinery, or in Pincha Pepper Plants if it's too hot

Edit : it' been ages since I made a Cap farm. I only use wild ones.

I typically go to caps after mealwood, it's a nice stepping stone.

Polluted water can be transformed into fertilizer and natural gas with a fertilizer synthesizer as well

10 minutes ago, Jazzy Jazzinton said:

Ethanol production and petroleum generators both create a huge amount of CO2, as in reaching kg/s. Spacing that amount of CO2 is just easier.

10 minutes ago, Jazzy Jazzinton said:

You vent to space if you don't need more for slicksters, for pH2O, or if you need lighter pressure where CO2 is omnipresent.

2 minutes ago, bobucles said:

Ethanol production and petroleum generators both create a huge amount of CO2, as in reaching kg/s. Spacing that amount of CO2 is just easier.

1 minute ago, OxCD said:

You vent to space if you don't need more for slicksters, for pH2O, or if you need lighter pressure where CO2 is omnipresent.

Thank you for letting me know it gets that bad. I haven't gotten that industrialized yet.

Early game, I just put a scrubber low in the base, and make sure mesh tiles will allow it to get to the bottom. I'll put another scrubber by coal/gas generators as well.

Mid-late game (post plastic) I just put an airtight seal on the oil biome and pump it all down there. I try to migrate all my coal/petrol generators down there as well, then just breed the heck out of slicksters. I'll typically keep a gas pump at the top and bottom of my base (not including oil/surface) to catch and process other gases as well... co2 being "processed" by being pumped down to the slicksters.

Enough slicksters and you barely need to run the oil wells.

image.thumb.png.f4bac9ebcd877c086ccfce220f1389eb.png

I personally am a collector that uses door compression to deal with extra gasses/liquids.

One pipe directs every gas geyser output (using a gas stacker to ensure full packets only) into my main transfer pipe that goes to a sorting station.  There the gasses are sorted and can be pumped out when necessary. 

Carbon Dioxide is used to fill farms to prevent rot, used to fill ranches (hatches, bottom of dreckos), and then normally stored.  I would like to set up a slickster farm for both molten and regular but haven't done this before so no clue on output or viability.  As mentioned, you can set up a carbon skimmer room that automatically convert clean water to polluted water when your tank gets too low for things like fertilizer makers and pincha peppers if you aren't blessed with a P.water geyser.

6 hours ago, Aelfled said:

That's quite an impressive farm, I'm having difficulty in my current map producing enough CO₂ to keep a single stable going, though I'm rather conservative in my building.

No one have the same issue than the other. That's also why I love ONI ^^

170 wild slicksters, 72 tamed, then 15 skimmers are working when too much CO2, which is half-time.

unknown.png

9 minutes ago, Aelfled said:

That's quite an impressive farm, I'm having difficulty in my current map producing enough CO₂ to keep a single stable going, though I'm rather conservative in my building.

It's just scale. I had two electrical circuits cuz I was hitting the 20kw limit and overloading heavy wires. I had like a dozen coal and a probably 6 petrol generators running pretty much all the time (plus burning the a geyser and all the byproduct natural gas), and it took about 80 slicksters to keep it under control (14 domesticated, the rest wild). I wanted to grow bigger, but lag was beating the crap outta me. Next time I might just scrub it, although I did like all the lime and food byproducts. 

I switch on and off from thing to thing. Early on I had to use algae terrariums until I got a better alternative, and the Printer was kind enough to grant me some Oxyfern seeds. So far I have three of them taking up a good amount of CD at the bottom of my base, and they're lasting much longer than Algae T do because they require less water per cycle and don't use up my algae, which I can then redirect towards a diffuser so I can keep on breathing. So far I'm at cycle 220 or so and I've been lucky enough to keep my algae over 35 t. Printer is being too kind to me, I tell ya. Gave me 20 or so tons of ice and thats been helping my both cool my base and have fresh water to use. I havent had to use a sieve once except for in my bathroom loop. I also keep a lot of my dioxide stashed in a mushroom farm. Those things are great for calories, and I have way too much slime.

Archived