[Game Update] - 355817

2 hours ago, Satyrical364 said:

Yes, but they will often try to eat first and leave half a meal on the ground, and then go grab new food afterward and finish eating. We are trying to prevent that.

Strange.  I find the dup execute things in the same order all the time.  Bathroom, eat, coffee, sleep, shower, play (with 3 rec in front of 2 sleep followed by 2 rec).  You can have less rec before sleep but it is a good buffer for long travel times.  Putting less just pushes eat or coffee to after sleep.  But they always bathroom first and always shower when they wake up.  Dups normally only drop food when the food has more calories than they can fit in their stomachs. They will not stop eating to sleep.  They might stop eating to piss but that is my point.  They will ALWAYS bathroom as the first thing for first rec slot so having rec with no bathroom will always ensure no interruptions.  Putting bathtime first means they will miss it with long commute back to base and then bad things happen to your eating, sleep sequence etc

Edited by chemie

3 hours ago, chemie said:

They will ALWAYS bathroom as the first thing for first rec slot so having rec with no bathroom will always ensure no interruptions.

This would only apply if you have as many toilets as dupes. If you have four dupes and two toilets, two dupes will use the toilets while the other two will start eating. when toilets become available, the two eating will drop their food to then use the toilet.

On 27/07/2019 at 12:00 AM, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Desalinator is now flippable, not rotatable

The game dares lying to me!

20170727777.thumb.png.972e5428cb9e2eaeee76d7098aeca65a.png

Joke aside, it should be cool to have most build rotatable, mod aside.

Edited by Siromatik
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, chemie said:

They will ALWAYS bathroom as the first thing for first rec slot so having rec with no bathroom will always ensure no interruptions.

That's incorrect, even if it happens that way in your schedule. They will only use the bathroom on breaktime once they reach a certain theshold (I think 60% bladder but I'm not sure). The problem is they reach the bladder threshold in the middle of their meal and drop their food to use the bathroom before finishing the food. Then they sometimes return (if they are below the hunger threshold), grab different food and finish eating. I've been observing this behavior for a long time and it is annoying.

For the hygiene blocks, they seem to use the bathroom at a lower threshold so by putting hygiene first, they always go about things in the correct order.

25 minutes ago, Siromatik said:

The game dares lying to me!

20170727777.thumb.png.972e5428cb9e2eaeee76d7098aeca65a.png

Joke aside, it should be cool to have most build rotatable, mod aside.

In spite of being able to rotate the thing, it didn't work that well while in the wrong orientation.  The machine couldn't drop its salt, so it would just stop working once that had filled up until you deconstructed it.

14 hours ago, DraycosGoldaryn said:

This would only apply if you have as many toilets as dupes. If you have four dupes and two toilets, two dupes will use the toilets while the other two will start eating. when toilets become available, the two eating will drop their food to then use the toilet.

Sure but using schedules that should never happen. 

13 hours ago, Satyrical364 said:

That's incorrect, even if it happens that way in your schedule. They will only use the bathroom on breaktime once they reach a certain theshold (I think 60% bladder but I'm not sure). The problem is they reach the bladder threshold in the middle of their meal and drop their food to use the bathroom before finishing the food. Then they sometimes return (if they are below the hunger threshold), grab different food and finish eating. I've been observing this behavior for a long time and it is annoying.

For the hygiene blocks, they seem to use the bathroom at a lower threshold so by putting hygiene first, they always go about things in the correct order.

With the changes to exosuit (no longer bladder decreases), dups will always be at >60% at the end of day break time.

26 minutes ago, Siromatik said:

Live version always run better than the testing branch

I hope it does - becouse Now it is just Trash optimization Just before few days when this game is gonna be reliesed. Even DS wasnt in such horroble condition at the start

More colony summary information sounds bad unless we can prune the summary as well. We probably don’t need the entire several thousand cycle summary that starts to take upwards of a minute to save.  Some checkbox like “only keep the last 100 cycles” would be great. 

• Like 4

FYI     colony summary screen crashes even on newly created games started after this update.    Not just from loading prior  saves.  

The world trait coordinates seed line still won't accept inputs.  Can't share without going to custom setup and manually cycling the world type and seed input. 

it does feel to me the toilet and eating mechanics interfere with one another. Resulting in food being left about. I feel the old system was better, I could anticipate the 100% anytime bladder. I learned very well on LC to time my days around the fact the bathroom call was coming, and I would tailor the work to move towards the bathrooms. Especially if the main objective was a long way away.

Edited by Slvrsrfr