Warly Debut Wishlist

It's no surprise that I have been talking a lot about Warly, whether it be on the forums or even on the (unofficial?) DST Discord. I have read a lot of ideas from the community and thought of some of my own and finally I arrived at what I think will make Warly a good asset for the team.

Basic Stats, Starting Items, and Abilities

• Hunger: 250
  • Health: 150
  • Sanity: 200
  • Starts with a portable crock pot, and a chefs pouch (same as singleplayer)
  • Crock pot meals cooked by Warly give 15% bonus positive stats, and lessened negative stats (gives food prefix "Gourmet")
  • Has slightly faster hunger drain (same as singleplayer)
  • Hates Spoilage
  • Likes variety (same as singleplayer)
  • Get's 40% - 50% stats from eating raw ingredients and only up to 70% from food items cooked over a fire (doubling down on this downside due to the generous upsides I will mention later)
  • Can craft portable crock pots and chef's pouch, the crock pot can only be used and carried by Warly. Perhaps to add some reasoning to this, if a character tries to use it, they will say something to the effect of "He tells me I'm not allowed to touch this..." (If a portable crock pot is set up and not in use, other players can "disassemble" it to make it a ground item to prevent Warly from trapping spawn in a ring of immovable buildings)
  • Eating non gourmet crock pot dishes will only give Warly 85% of the stats, while eating gourmet dishes will give an additional 10%, stacks with the bonus gourmet meals come with.

Culinary Tab: Crafting tab specific to Warly (Credit to @blacknight7890 for coming up with a hefty chunk of this. I tweaked some of the stuff slightly and added a couple things, but please check out their post here. I do not take credit for a majority of this section)

• Portable Crock Pot (3 cut stone, 6 charcoal, 2 red gems)
  • Chef's Pouch (6 silk, 1 rope, 1 blue gem)
  • Milk bucket (4 logs, 4 papyrus, 2 rope) - can be used on a voltgoat once every 30 days to get an electric milk, causing the player to take electric damage. Doing this will prevent the goat from dropping a milk upon death. costs 33% durability each use. (A bit overpowered, but he is a chef and dairy is required for a lot of stuff)
  • Prep Station (4 marble, 4 board, 1 flint) - crafting station to make the items below (resembles a marble counter top with wooden base and a vegetable knife) Should be noted that it would make sense to work similarly to the Codex Umbra in that the crafting station is the only thing you can actually prototype. Everything listed below should only be able to be crafted when interacting with the Prep Station
  • Salt x3 (3 nitre, 3 rocks) - can be applied to a food item ONLY ONCE to restore freshness
  • Gold Tea Leaves - x2 gold, x4 petals (crockpot component, cannot be eaten and does not have freshness)
  • Radiant Cream - x1 glowberry, x2 light bulbs (crockpot component, cannot be eaten and does not have freshness)
  • Hardy Stock- x4 bone shards, x4 ice, x1 morsel (crockpot component, cannot be eaten and does not have freshness)
  • Spicy Pepper Powder- x1 red gem, x4 seeds, x1 rock (crockpot component, cannot be eaten and does not have freshness)
  • Iceberg Mints- x1 blue gem, x4 ice, x1 rock (crockpot component, cannot be eaten and does not have freshness)

Buff Meals: Dishes only able to be made by Warly that apply buffs to players that eat them (Once again, credit to @blacknight7890 for coming up with most of this. I do not take credit for a majority of this section)

• Gold Tea - x2 gold tea leaves, x1 sweetener, x1 ice
    • Gives +2.5 speed for 2 minutes. Gives health +3, hunger +12.5, sanity +33
  • Glowberry Danish - x1 radiant cream, x1 sweetener, x1 fruit
    • Gives aura of light (similar to overcharged WX) for 5 minutes. Gives health +1, hunger +30, sanity +33
  • Carrot Soup - x1 hardy stock, x2 carrots, x1 ice
    • Gives night vision (similar to Werebeaver) for 2 minutes. Gives health +3, hunger +45, sanity +5
  • Gobbler Soup - x2 drumsticks, x1 hardy stock, x1 veggie
    • Regenerates 75 hunger over 2 minutes. Gives health +40, hunger +75 (over 2 minutes), sanity +30
  • Red Pepper Chili - x1 spicy pepper powder, x1.5 meat, x1 veggie
    • Gives a passive heating effect for 5 minutes. Gives health +20, hunger +40, sanity +10
  • Mint Smoothie - x1 iceberg mints, x1.5 fruit
    • Gives a passive cooling effect for 5 minutes. Gives health +30, hunger +12.5, sanity + 33
  • Cornbread sticks- x2 corn, x1 twig 
    • Palate cleanser, only useful for Warly players. Resets the "variety timer" allowing Warly to eat the same dish multiple times with no penalty.

*Food buffs would have an extended timer if consumed by Warly

Item Skins: Reskins for items released with his rework (I posted these in this thread, but for the sake of keeping my ideas in one thread, I'm reposting them here)

Warly_Top_Hat_Reskin.thumb.png.65351d17844ecc08989d8b59d6b98f8d.png

Warly_Drying_Rack_Reskin.png.2a78d9070b1fb1db2711c26c2a03d5ac.png

Warly_Portable_Crock_Pot_Reskin_Charcoal.thumb.png.0f9142bb77c30575d346416b43df4159.png

At this point in time, it is late for suggestions, however most if not all of the content above was suggested at one point in time either by myself or someone else in the community. This is merely putting all of the miscellaneous thoughts into one thread, hence why it is in general discussion. Let me know what you think of these ideas, a the Warly Hype Train continues

You know this reminds me of an ability from another game that would be perfect for warly.

In one hour one life if you eat assembled/delicious food, you get a yum bonus and your hunger bar gets bigger.  If you eat something different each time you can continue to chain your yum bonuses for a giant hunger bar. But if you eat something not good your hunger bar goes down

I could see that applied to warly. Good chefs could keep him full longer

Thanks for liking my ideas! I like the ideas you have too. The prep station was a great idea, it makes sense that he would need a few extra tools for his culinary skills. The milk bucket idea is great, letting Warly make use of milk far more often without needing any lightning or waiting for the herd to repopulate. But I think it could be used for something better then just milk, raw, milked milk typically needs to be pasteurized first, and that process makes butter. The ability to make the dairy items that usually require some serious farming, would allow him to make some seriously top tier food, waffles for healing, his fresh fruit crepes for hunger, and icecream for sanity. Butter itself is a pretty good healing item too, and warlys gourmet feature would make those recipes even better. 

If Warly could make milk and butter, he could have a much wider range of new and viable crockpot recipes. honestly, even without the gourmet idea, warly being able to make dairy items would let him make crock pot foods other survivors only dreamed of, consistently. 

All in all, you have great ideas, and I'm really glad you liked my ideas too! (also the cornbread sticks are a nice touch)

2 hours ago, Dr. Safety said:
  • Gold Tea - x2 gold tea leaves, x1 sweetener, x1 ice
    • Gives +2.5 speed for 2 minutes. Gives health +3, hunger +12.5, sanity +33

I'm noting that nowhere else on this post does it elaborate how you get these leaves. I'm assuming you meant to put them under the craftable ingredients, but they're not there.

1 hour ago, engiSonic said:

I'm noting that nowhere else on this post does it elaborate how you get these leaves. I'm assuming you meant to put them under the craftable ingredients, but they're not there.

Oh my... well that's embarrassing lol. I was wondering why there was a big blank space in the craftable crockpot components. I must have accidentally deleted that. Thank you for pointing that out. I will fix it now.

20 hours ago, Dr. Safety said:

Milk bucket (4 logs, 4 papyrus, 2 rope) - can be used on a voltgoat once every 30 days to get an electric milk, causing the player to take electric damage. Doing this will prevent the goat from dropping a milk upon death. costs 33% durability each use. (A bit overpowered, but he is a chef and dairy is required for a lot of stuff)

>overpowered.

This is getting a single food item every 30 days. No way in hell this is overpowered.

(This also comes with tons of other dis-benefits)

You're better off crafting a morning star and getting like 5 goat milk every few days.

7 hours ago, Averagewx78main said:

>overpowered.

This is getting a single food item every 30 days. No way in hell this is overpowered.

(This also comes with tons of other dis-benefits)

You're better off crafting a morning star and getting like 5 goat milk every few days.

Then maybe buff it, I was more so putting that suggestion there to allow early game dairy. It should not overshadow the morning star method, but just be a less resource-intensive alternative for a character that has to use dairy a lot. I'll be honest, I didn't do the math to see how long it takes volt goats to respawn. I just figured a lot of newer players don't even know that the milk exists so this might be OP for them.

I designed the stats that are currently being used for Warly in the Island Adventures mod. It's nothing too over-the-top, just nerfs to his drawbacks and making his dishes more team-oriented. Everything not listed is left alone to its singleplayer origin.

Changes from Singleplayer Warly:

- Any Crock Pot dish Warly cooks is Gourmet quality
(+33% better stats + longer effects)
- Removed passive Crock Pot dish bonus (+33% stats from any Crock Pot food consumed), because Gourmet is made to replace this

- Removed "Repeat Meals" penalty from non-Crock Pot foods (They already have the base drawback of not being Crock Pot food)
- Raised the cap for the "Repeat Meals" penalty: (85% > 70% > 55%) instead of (90% > 80% > 65% > 50% > 30%) (Raises the cap for new players)
- "Repeat Meals" timer changed from 1.75 days to 1.5 days (This one had no real reason behind it, we were just nerfing every drawback)
- Added special quotes to Crock Pot foods that are still on "Repeat Meals" cooldown (Warly desperately needs this for new players)

- Chef Pouch can only hold food (If this is not applied, the Chef Pouch is a cheap direct upgrade to both the Backpack and Insulated Pack)

30 minutes ago, zVince said:

I like your ideas. I hope part of her comes along with the character.

Reveal hidden contents

I hope the Warly Idle animation is related to Italian hand.

Yq0cAW2.png

I was hoping for an animation that only happens if there is a crockpot dish cooking or done nearby, where Warly would start smelling the air and wafting the aroma. Maybe he’d give an “okay” sign with his hands afterwards.

Spoiler

98F518A6-16A2-421E-A550-18D5E45FD131.jpeg.7c1217dc9174caf57731496d644e7cbb.jpeg

Archived