New Crock Pot recipes for Carrots, Bananas and Pomegranate

Since Warly's coming in the near future, I was thinking of new food items that can be added to the game, especially for fruits and vegetables that lack their own special recipes. I wanted to give Carrots, Bananas and Pomegranates their own recipes. These three can be added to increase the food variety of the crock pot and to give these items their deserved specific recipes. Apologies for my very amateur drawings, just wanted to spice up the exposition. 

Carrot Cake

5d079f79c967c_CarrotCake.png.9b36037b3560703c700c6be0feaaa206.pngA Carrot + An Egg + 1 Honey

Might restore some health and sanity primarily, not in great quantities since all items are easily farmable but should do the work like 25 Hunger 15 Health 15 Sanity.

Banana Split

A Cave Banana + Honey + Ice (and/or Dairy)5d079f7700b19_BananaSplit.png.e35ddd46262312bb9c3de79ff673144d.png

Perhaps ice can be replaced by Dairy products to give them an additional use. I believe this should be a sanity heavy item for it requires Bananas from the caves and ice & honey from the surface and since sweet stuff like ice cream and candy are usually associated with Sanity, it can give 30 Hunger 5 Health 20 Sanity.

Ashura (or Noah's Pudding)

A Pomegranate + Cooked BirchnutAshurah.png.f4916e2755dc39c6bbf5f4fa506cc0c8.png

TAshura.thumb.jpg.8cce67af26b0df6c709e45ed82077955.jpghis one is a regional suggestion but DST has never been shy with international cuisine (Pierogi, Taco, Unagi, Guacamole, Ratatouille, Kabobs...) so I think it might work for Pomegranate. For those of you who don't know what it is, it's a dessert made with various nuts, beans pomegranate seeds (pic on left). It'd be a healing-heavy item for Pomegranate's healing properties, giving 20 Hunger 40 Health and 5 Sanity, having the same priority with Trail Mix and potentially leading to it if berries are added as filler (50/50).

Ooo, an idea with diagrams! Awesome!

Carrot cake should probabely use berries instead of honey, might be a bit more useful and it would make more sense since carrot cakes actually use berries and not carrots, though it be up to debate, because this is DS, and DS sometimes doesn't make sense.

Banana split should give more sanity then whats suggested, maybe 30 or higher? since ice cream is 50.

Love Ashura suggestion, open recipe that uses an ingriedent with no recipe atm!

30 minutes ago, Fill-Lips said:

Carrot cake should probabely use berries instead of honey, might be a bit more useful and it would make more sense since carrot cakes actually use berries and not carrots, though it be up to debate, because this is DS, and DS sometimes doesn't make sense.

Oh really? Didn't know that, wow. I was picturing those Starbucks carrot cakes which have a lot of sweeteners and a little sugar carrot on top. But yea, that'd be great actually, making a recipe out of the most basic non-meat food items found in the wild. you can have the berry jam smeared all over the cake ^^ 

8 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Carrot Cake

Banana Split

Ashura (or Noah's Pudding)

This dishes are super cute. Great ideas. If Klei doesn't use them I hope some Modder can take the idea and run with that. 

2 hours ago, TurtleKitty said:

Great ideas. <3
Also, might I suggest: Banana Bread, Honeyed Carrots, Pomegranate Sauce, Fruit Leather. 

THE FOOOOOOD TAAAAALLK... Getting hungry xD

4 hours ago, Fill-Lips said:

it would make more sense since carrot cakes actually use berries and not carrots, though it be up to debate, because this is DS, and DS sometimes doesn't make sense.

I've actually eaten carrot cake and carrot bread with actual carrots never with berries. I think honey makes more sense tbh. 

I've never heard of Ashura but that look so good oh my GOD

No but it would be kinda neat if he could use petals as an ingredient. He does say 'it goes great in salads' so I was kinda disappointed that he couldn't use petals as a filler. Perhaps it'll 'enchant' some foods a little, like give it 5 extra stat in every stat. For instance, Ratatouille with petals would give 10 sanity instead of 5. Petals could only be used once or it'll give wet goop.

This could be quite good early on, since Warly likes variety and can't spam certain foods, and it'll give accidental petals a use.

Idk I'm just brainstorming rn

47 minutes ago, Terra_Zina said:

Perhaps it'll 'enchant' some foods a little, like give it 5 extra stat in every stat

That's a neat little idea. I'll take it a step further.

Instead of nerfing easy fillers like ice and stuff what about just beefing up the good fillers by adding extra stats to the end result. It would encourage you to search harder for quality ingredients without making the game all about food.

15 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

DST has never been shy with international cuisine

Klei includes all kinds of foods from around the world in the single-player Don't Starve, too. I had to look up feijoada, which is a food you can cook in Hamlet, and which I hadn't heard of before. It's Portuguese, and the real version (made with actual beans that are not bugs) looks delicious.

Also, I love the drawings you made in the first post. :)

Archived