Very good way to start winter:

In the last days of summer (Day 17-20) Start mass-gathering twigs and saplings, mass-gather wood, mass-gather the last of berries around the map, start killing beefalo, kill rabbits, and start harvesting honey. (Honey doesn't do much on it's own! Better have some meat if you want to survive! I couldn't survive out of two stacks of honey last time! Good work klei!).Use the last days to also get the trunk vest and winter hat if you can.Have around near-a-chest full of wood because those nights are long and you will need extra firemaking stuff.Now, make chests for the twigs and grass. I have 4 stacks of twigs and 4 of grass and i'm doing perfectly!If you can leave the RAW food resources in the fridge. When they start reaching near-stale state cook them. When those start reaching stale state put them on a crockpot and cook them up. (If you got honey i recommend to use it on meat! As i said, honey isn't that useful anymore due to Kevin wanting to troll us.)Get some football helmets and several logsuits if you can, it will help agaisn't walrus encounters on the wild, spider fights, and most especially the deerclops! (Got 6 helmets and 3 logsuits packed on a chest, another pair on inventory.Start ordering your stuff. Fit everything on your hotbar and leave the backpack behind. You don't need rocks on your inventory for everyday exploring.Then winter comes. You're perfectly prepared. Now everything could go better if you had the puffy vest and tam o' shanter! Hire some pigs for killing the walruses and you're done. Then do a classic Koalaphant hunt (Which is way more hard due to decreased visibility) and kill it and wear his comfortable and warm face.Now all is about being careful. You can fight. But i recommend to pick fights carefully.blahblahblah deerclops comes and smashes you to death. Kevin wins.

To be honest, find mandrake as soon as possible and get a panflute before day 20 (on your journey pick up every piece to the world generator because refinding them is extremely difficult -> that way if you don't find mandrake I don't think that world is worth the time/effort lol). Farm red birds with boomerang (not bird traps), seems like there's a higher chance to get red feathers. From here just make sure you have some swamps at your disposal and gather enough reed to make 10 fire darts. Try saving every tooth you find and make all those into blow darts and you should be set to fight deer clops when he comes. Personally i camp by the beefalo and force aggro on them. by that time you should have a ton of beefalo that has mated and when he falls -> so much meat. Then expect ice hounds to come before/during/after that.I love winter, now it's just hoping I don't screw up getting to it.

Kevin said that regarding Deerclops - This guide is about the season. You can't run from seasons

What was the last thing he said? Deerclops. Also, how did he die? Deerclops. Please, make valid assumptions.Honestly, your counter argument is horrible, I don't think you understand my thesis.And please, take a joke. I'm not trying to be an A$$-hole. Edited by Snob
*facepalm* THIS THREAD

I usually just save like 100 poops and then force farm like 50 veggies right before winter.Then once that shib runs out, I start burning the beefalo. I don't like killing innocent animals because krampus is a ****.

I usually just save like 100 poops and then force farm like 50 veggies right before winter.Then once that shib runs out, I start burning the beefalo. I don't like killing innocent animals because krampus is a ****.

Why harvest? Only harvest when you need them? :/ 20-30 cheap plot farms

What was the last thing he said? Deerclops. Also, how did he die? Deerclops. Please, make valid assumptions.Honestly, your counter argument is horrible, I don't think you understand my thesis.And please, take a joke. I'm not trying to be an A$$-hole.

I know you aren't being a jerk, i'm just pointing out this and trying to make a discussion. It IS a forum.Anyways, the ending thing was one of the only places where Deerclops was mentioned, and the only time he was a main point. Therefore, the entire guide isn't bad because of his Deerclops strategy. The guide was about Winter, and preparing for it. Not OMGDEERCLOPS