How to add onto Wheeler or retooling Warbucks(stay with me here)

minespatch

I know, I know "Not another Warbucks thread" but let me just explain myself for a stroke of genius I just had that could save Warbucks. If not, Wheeler's future characterization could be applied with my suggestion:

Reference Baron von Münchhausen.

I remembered this CR video on this particular character and I own a copy of Terry Gilliam's Baron Munchhausen. If the Warbucks path works, his lines could be rewritten as a romantic adventurer who tells lies.  Mcbragg looks a lot like Warbucks! Even Warbucks looks like Munchhaused...

But if not, I hope further characterization of Wheeler makes her become closer to McBragg in dialogue wise with her serialized radio type personality.

So yeah, not ripping off metaphorical bandaids just thought of a nice alternative.

I like the idea of a character who tells outrageous lies about everything they encounter. The potential for humor seems pretty good to me. Especially since, in single-player, the character would just be bragging to themselves. Maybe to keep their spirits up?

In any case, maybe it would work for an already existing character, maybe it could be used for an entirely new character. Either way, I think it's a great idea.

Yeah...

With warbucks being like during the slavery in america age ( roughly 1600-1800 ) it was kinda bad written since he either had to be sucked in a loong time ago even before Maxwell ( 1912-1917, im not sure at the moment )

Spoiler

or that he secretly found the fountain of life and he ,like the person he is, hid it and used it until he met maxwell and Their epic journey to 1# shadow royale

I think it's a great idea.
The baron of Münchhausen is a legendary figure to me, ever since I read a parody of it starring Donald Duck: "And here, on the island, there are two rivers: one of coffee and one of milk, which converge in the lake of coffee-milk" Poetry :'D
How can we forget the epic scene of the baron riding a cannonball, hahaha.
Personally, Warbucks looked like an eccentric and somewhat megalomaniac personality. Even as a physical aspect, I think it can be very apt as a "reincarnation" of the baron.
Again congratulations for the idea, I think that Klei really has in his hands a fun, poetic and elegant way to redevelop Warbucks and give new life to one of his most beautiful (and unlucky) characters.

image.thumb.png.d43d70cc04e21a5bb83588c53786ef8a.png

2 hours ago, BeliarBAD said:

is it even possible to write such a char without having to pay for it? cause it would be a copy of münchhausen. no idea who owns the rights for that

If that would be parody then Klei would not have to pay for rights.

10 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Yeah...

With warbucks being like during the slavery in america age ( roughly 1600-1800 ) it was kinda bad written since he either had to be sucked in a loong time ago even before Maxwell ( 1912-1917, im not sure at the moment )

Reveal hidden contents

or that he secretly found the fountain of life and he ,like the person he is, hid it and used it until he met maxwell and Their epic journey to 1# shadow royale

You do know the British Empire held colonies well into the 20th century, right? Warbucks is not from the ******* 1600s. He's most likely from the very early 1900s like most of the cast.

6 hours ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

You do know the British Empire held colonies well into the 20th century, right? Warbucks is not from the ******* 1600s. He's most likely from the very early 1900s like most of the cast.

That's why I was confused by the outrage.

As for copyright... Munchausen is a old character. Again, if it's just a homage, there's no need for copyright.

17 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Or maybe he isn't actually from that era, and just fell into a Don Quixote-esque state of delusion.

Don Quixote wasn't actually a chivalrous knight, he was just a bumbling idiot who did more harm than good. 

6 hours ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

Except he brings mention to him being a part of the Honorable East India Company, which ceased operations in 1874. It was at its height in 1803, so one can reasonably guesstimate that he was most likely serving around that time. So we have a rough time frame of 1803 to 1912...which would make him well over 120 years old.

Spoiler

At the very least, and that's putting to assumption that he started working at the ripe old age of ~10

Spoiler

Which given the era of child labor I would not put past the fact. But I digress.

So...yeah...I think it's safe to say that he's really just pulling a Don Quixote. 

2 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Or maybe he isn't actually from that era, and just fell into a Don Quixote-esque state of delusion.

Don Quixote wasn't actually a chivalrous knight, he was just a bumbling idiot who did more harm than good. 

Except he brings mention to him being a part of the Honorable East India Company, which ceased operations in 1874. It was at its height in 1803, so one can reasonably guesstimate that he was most likely serving around that time. So we have a rough time frame of 1803 to 1912...which would make him well over 120 years old.

Hide contents

At the very least, and that's putting to assumption that he started working at the ripe old age of ~10

Hide contents

Which given the era of child labor I would not put past the fact. But I digress.

So...yeah...I think it's safe to say that he's really just pulling a Don Quixote. 

If the quote for the East India Company you are referring to is the Cargo Boat examination quote, Warbucks does not say he is in the East India Company. He says "a boat worthy of the East India Company." It's plausible that he actually is from 1803, but I think it's more likely he's just using a historical allusion to emphasize the craftsmanship of the boat.

1 minute ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

It's plausible that he actually is from 1803, but I think it's more likely he's just using a historical allusion to emphasize the craftsmanship of the boat.

I know my father loves collecting ships so maybe Warbucks was just a hardcore toy/model ship collector?:wilson_ecstatic:

all he needs is the slight remade personality and some graphical upgrades and perks and we are done slap him as a DST DLC character

tbh they might just make it a new character if they are going to make it that different

but the fan service would be so grand and he would have so many people that were just waiting all this time it would be almost criminal to not do so!

Klei PLEASE

On 3. 6. 2019 at 5:57 AM, watermelen671 said:

Why is this more funny for me than it should be? :wilson_ecstatic:

it's because he is a skeleton and he is gonna draw all you booty and skeletons are used as pirate flags.

On 3. 6. 2019 at 12:32 AM, watermelen671 said:

Yeah! I heard about this dude in my literature lessons, this dude apparently imagined windmills as evil giants and sheep as some sort of warriors...

I can only imagine how that sheep fighting went.

16 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Yeah! I heard about this dude in my literature lessons, this dude apparently imagined windmills as evil giants and sheep as some sort of warriors...

I can only imagine how that sheep fighting went.

There's an adapted Don Quixote for-TV movie from 2000 starring John Lithgow and Bob Hoskins. I highly recommend it; Lithgow absolutely nails the role.

If you don't know them by name, John Lithgow voiced Lord Farquaad in Shrek and Bob Hoskins played Eddie in Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

If rewriting him would bring him back, he would be back already because he has been rewritten. Go look at his current quotes, he no longer makes mention of the east India trade company or anything else relating to colonialism.

I'm a bit bothered that people are still on this idea that he remains a yucky colonizer. It was not the only issue that made klei dump him, yet it's all people talk about, and it was already fixed by klei* so arguing about it is a moot point.

*At least quote-wise, his visual design is still...eugh

Archived