(Poll) Would you like that SW loot Was better integrated in the Hamlet shops?

FreyaMaluk

Would you like to see better SW loot integration in Hamlet stores?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the idea of a Naval Store with SW exclusive items?

2. 2. Would you like the option to DIRECTLY convert dubloons into oincs and viceversa?

3. 3. Would you like to be able to sell doydoy feathers to the Beautician?

4. 4. Would you like to being able to sell shark gills to the Collector?

5. 5. Would you like if dragoon hearts could be added to the Oddities Shop roster?

for visual reference

(reworked from originally posted threads now archived EA posts from April 14 and 16 https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/104988-sw-integration-issues-with-hamlet-and-rog/?tab=comments#comment-1179261 and https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/104896-better-sw-integration-in-hamlets-trading-system/?tab=comments#comment-1178352)

- pls add a NAVAL STORE with cannons, boat lamps, and other relevant items. 

Swinesbury_Mineral_Exchange_Build.png.8800b5076f3f38d839bc9292af540ed0.png Pls allow to DIRECTLY convert oincs into doubloons and viceversa. All need to translate to gold first which is a huge devalue for both currencies and quite the hustle tbh 

Pig_Banker.png.97b42ddff83f5210de6807f4639f62c1.png : should buy obsidian gems too as any other gem. 

Pig_Beautician.png.babbd221d52d24b5bd260a0e7827d3cf.png : should buy doydoy feathers

Pig_Collector.png.fdb4e81c8a3a212573b1aacdd5ddd4d1.png : should buy shark gills

5cef650ac5e73_The_Sty_Oddities_Emporium_Build.png.6706f8a6bc890d72a55bb1e0a3ac49f6.png doesn't have SW loot besides bamboo  -  pls add dragoon hearts to the roster

3 minutes ago, Computer-7 said:

problem with the dubloon conversion, 3 dubloons can be made into 1 gold, and 1 gold can be made into 5 oincs.

They could change the conversion table or make a decision to round it up and go for an approximate number. 

When they created the dubloons conversion to gold, oincs didn't exist. I think Klei can figure this out if they decide to go for it. 

13 minutes ago, inferjus4 said:

With this new shop and new tradeable items, wouldn't it be too easy to gain oincs with buying stuff cheaper and selling for more?

Nope. Finished items cannot be sold. The game doesnt have that obviously for good measure. You mostly SELL some materials for oincs and then BUY other much rarer materials or finished items. Not the other way around. 

I prefer Klei keep doing bug fix, there are some bugs lying around there since long long time ago

they are doing well so far now, the bug fixed one after one, as well as optimizing performance overall

I wish them adding more contents about Hamlet exclusive, adding old stuff from shipwrecked is not fun at all

sticking to one DLC and being able to obtain all other stuff from other DLCs without hopping DLC

I love the awesome idea being able to trade rare stuff to Hamlet over DLCs however 

Besides, Hamlet has ponds only

I don't really see there is a reason for pig having a shop that selling boat's stuff

maybe a Fishing Store/Shop nearby the pond perhaps? I mean it could be possible that a certain Merm decided to go to Hamlet to get some dough going around since his fishing skills were being wasted in SW, maybe he can have any of the SW items at random so you won't always have a chance of getting everything you wanted too easily.
(Sword fish should also go in this shop as a dead fish and one should instead get a Blueprint from Blueprint shop for making the Sword fish etc.)

14 minutes ago, Computer-7 said:

like?

• New Seasons,
  • Warbucks Reincarnation,
  • Stone Slabs turning over again,
  • Warbucks Resurrection,
  • Hamlet version of Touchstones with Mant heads,
  • Warbucks Reinstitution,
  • BFB possibly becoming a Boss
  • and did I mention about Warbucks being brought back?

6 hours ago, gghhrr said:

I prefer Klei keep doing bug fix, there are some bugs lying around there since long long time ago

they are doing well so far now, the bug fixed one after one, as well as optimizing performance overall

I wish them adding more contents about Hamlet exclusive, adding old stuff from shipwrecked is not fun at all

sticking to one DLC and being able to obtain all other stuff from other DLCs without hopping DLC

I love the awesome idea being able to trade rare stuff to Hamlet over DLCs however 

Besides, Hamlet has ponds only

I don't really see there is a reason for pig having a shop that selling boat's stuff

How is fixing bugs somehow related to this suggestion? One thing doesn't take to the other... 

BTW, if you want bugs fixed, you should report them in the bug tracker section with your save file and screenies. That's much more useful that complaining about bugs and doing nothing about it. 

There are already plenty of SW items sold in Hamlet to make the case for a Naval Store: Cutlass, bamboo, coconade, dripple pipe bluebrint, etc

Ofc I want more Hamlet related content. This suggestion doesn't take from that. It's just an idea to unify better all existing dlcs. 

23 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

A traveling peddler would be fun. Kind of like the thief, only he’d only spawn when a certain number of townhouses are near each other, which would encourage people to build regular pig houses.

will he fall asleep on the street after he has done peddling?

1 hour ago, Computer-7 said:

like?

I've played about 150 days so far, so I am still learning everything there is, but so far one thing that is missing seems to be renewable nitre.  Molefarm is the only way to do this? maybe that is not a horrible solution but I wouldn't mind another method since moleworm farm seems a little hackish to me.  And we need this because of gunpowder need for blunderbuss.

8 minutes ago, mekane said:

I've played about 150 days so far, so I am still learning everything there is, but so far one thing that is missing seems to be renewable nitre.  Molefarm is the only way to do this? maybe that is not a horrible solution but I wouldn't mind another method since moleworm farm seems a little hackish to me.  And we need this because of gunpowder need for blunderbuss.

Pls suggest this in another thread. It's unrelated to this topic. Ty. 

29 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Pls suggest this in another thread. It's unrelated to this topic. Ty. 

He asked, I answered.

My main problem with OP suggestion is that I don't think Klei focus should be on balancing or interacting the different DLC too much.  Hamlet is great because resources are scarce, that perk goes away when you travel to RoG and come back, so I think it breaks the game play somewhat and goes against the design, so why would they go to extra trouble to support this?

22 minutes ago, mekane said:

He asked, I answered.

My main problem with OP suggestion is that I don't think Klei focus should be on balancing or interacting the different DLC too much.  Hamlet is great because resources are scarce, that perk goes away when you travel to RoG and come back, so I think it breaks the game play somewhat and goes against the design, so why would they go to extra trouble to support this?

This is not true. Most of shop items are from RoG and you can also find SW items already. 

So... I think you are talking about 2 different issues entirely. You seem to not like to travel between dlcs, even though it's a feature on the game.

noone is telling you to use the Skyworthy, but it is a feature BY DESIGN. If you don't like it, that's all you, but pretending somehow that traveling between dlcs doesn't exist or "goes against the game's design" it's simply not true. 

1 hour ago, FreyaMaluk said:

How is fixing bugs somehow related to this suggestion? One thing doesn't take to the other...

Ofc I want more Hamlet related content. This suggestion doesn't take from that. It's just an idea to unify better all existing dlcs. 

It very much does. The development team does not have infinite time and resources and, this being a singleplayer game, they will eventually stop working on Hamlet altogether and move on to other projects. Time and resources spent on porting things from SW to Hamlet means time and resources not spent on improving Hamlet itself.

Now, granted, I doubt most of the suggestions in this poll would take much time if any, but to say one thing doesn't take from the other is kinda disingenuous.

1 minute ago, QuartzBeam said:

It very much does. The development team does not have infinite time and resources and, this being a singleplayer game, they will eventually stop working on Hamlet altogether and move on to other projects. Time and resources spent on porting things from SW to Hamlet means time and resources not spent on improving Hamlet itself.

Now, granted, I doubt most of the suggestions in this poll would take much time if any, but to say one thing doesn't take from the other is kinda disingenuous.

You actually said these suggestions wouldn't take much time if any. That's exactly the point. 

Ofc resources are limited at Klei but how are bug fixes gonna get affected by adding something that's actually not complicated as this suggestion? That's actually disingenuous. 

18 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

This is not true. Most of shop items are from RoG and you can also find SW items already. 

So... I think you are talking about 2 different issues entirely. You seem to not like to travel between dlcs, even though it's a feature on the game.

noone is telling you to use the Skyworthy, but it is a feature BY DESIGN. If you don't like it, that's all you, but pretending somehow that traveling between dlcs doesn't exist or "goes against the game's design" it's simply not true. 

I think they added it as a minor perk, but they don't need to build the whole expansion around it, especially when it breaks one of the best features in Hamlet which is resource scarcity.

Archived