General Tips for Wortox?

I really like playing wortox because I enjoy support characters(and I love his design). But I was wondering if anyone could just answer a few questions for me and give me some general tips as well?

For the questions I have:

Should I just forget normal food altogether or should I still spend time making meatballs, meaty stew, etc.

Should I just be staying insane at all times? I'm finding it difficult to keep on top of my sanity, although this might just be a me problem. (Tips on this are appreciated)

If you have any general strategies or tips please let me know.

Meaty stew is pretty much the best recipe for him... also juicy berries if you got them, but as u mentioned you could pretty much forget about food altogether and eat souls only.. it all depends what kinda of situation you are in or what kind of playstyle you prefer

being insane as Wortox all the time is not a bad idea, specially early days for early NF for shadow manipulator and dark swords

try and keep some alive butterflies or bees in your inventory or in bundle wraps for emergency souls 

Just now, Habberdash said:

I really like playing wortox because I enjoy support characters(and I love his design). But I was wondering if anyone could just answer a few questions for me and give me some general tips as well?

For the questions I have:

Should I just forget normal food altogether or should I still spend time making meatballs, meaty stew, etc.

Should I just be staying insane at all times? I'm finding it difficult to keep on top of my sanity, although this might just be a me problem. (Tips on this are appreciated)

If you have any general strategies or tips please let me know.

I main Wortox as well, and I eat normal food all the time. I only eat souls as a last resort, so that way my sanity stays up. 

Another tip I would give is to use killer bee hives as a souls farm, beecause they respawn really fast and are supper easy to kill. Plus, if they do sting you, each soul will heal off two stings.

If you really struggle with sanity, I would recommend top hats, as they are relatively easy to craft.

Or just play with friends who have no idea how to play and gain 60 sanity every time you res them.

9 minutes ago, Mooagain said:

Another tip I would give is to use killer bee hives as a souls farm, beecause they respawn really fast and are supper easy to kill. Plus, if they do sting you, each soul will heal off two stings.

I discovered the killer bee strat while playing, it is extremely useful especially if you live near multiple killer beehives. Living near 2 hives is a free 12 souls per day during any season.

I actually like going for bee boxes as my main source of food, although they’re unusable during the first winter; once you set up 9-10 of them, you’ll never run out of food. Honey is one of the best foods in the game as it takes 40 days to spoil, restores hunger very well en masse, can be used for Honey Ham (hunger and health) and Taffy (for sanity). In addition, you can kill bees as Wortox for souls. You can also catch bees and carry them in your inventory and kill whenever you’re running low on souls (that way you can carry more than 20 souls at a time). 

7 minutes ago, Habberdash said:

I discovered the killer bee strat while playing, it is extremely useful especially if you live near multiple killer beehives. Living near 2 hives is a free 12 souls per day during any season.

Perhaps it's easier to have a Bee Box and an Ice Flingo nearby: Burn the Bee Box while the Ice Flingo is turned on, that will freeze most of the released bees (all if there are flowers nearby) and you'll be able to kill them easily without taking damage, even during night or winter.

But if you like killing Killer Bees from Killer Bee Hives, then you'll also like killing Baby Tentacles from Big Tentacles. They're even easier to kill compared to Killer Bees and Killer Bees can kill them without being attacked.

Spider farms are an excellent source of food through souls, resources such as Silk, and Meat for use in the crockpot.

Since you are indirectly disadvantaging any teammates by eating normal food, Souls are generally a more efficient sustenance source. If you primarily rely on souls you will be losing a lot of sanity, so learning to kite shadow creatures is a good idea. In DST other players can help you combat them if required.

Just now, NeddoFreddo said:

Spider farms are an excellent source of food through souls, resources such as Silk, and Meat for use in the crockpot.

Since you are indirectly disadvantaging any teammates by eating normal food, Souls are generally a more efficient sustenance source. If you primarily rely on souls you will be losing a lot of sanity, so learning to kite shadow creatures is a good idea. In DST other players can help you combat them if required.

yeap I prefer spider farms over bees tbh.. much more useful to farm silk/m meat and glands than stingers and some honey

Archived