What would you want a 4th DLC to be like?

I had an idea for a desert-themed Don't Starve kind of world. Perhaps with magic based on Egyptian mythology and stuff. Could have a river like the Nile going through the whole thing that you could raft on. And multiple oases. Maybe the addition of a hydration meter, so you'd have to seek out, store, and transport water using various natural resources and craftable tools and probably also magic. There could be tomb raiding and mummies, though Hamlet already has the whole treasure-ruins thing going on, so that might be too similar.

I also thought that a world where there's more emphasis on cold weather stuff could be neat. There are so many foods and items to help you stay warm, and you only ever really need them in the base/RoG world, since Shipwrecked and Hamlet take place in perpetually warm climates. And my desert idea would be more of the same, now that I think of it. In the cold world, there could be hazards like blinding blizzards, and the need to construct actual sturdy shelter to survive. More than a tent, anyway. And polar bears. There could be polar bears. Maybe they'd be cute and friendly. Or maybe they'd want to eat you. Or both. Heck, maybe this is the world the MacTusks are from, the place they go when they're not at their camps in the winter. Maybe base-game winter is as warm as summer where they come from, and they treat it as a vacation spot.

Spoiler

8 hours ago, Faintly Macabre said:

Nonexistent. If single player Don't Starve needs further iteration, it's time for a sequel; a chance to rework some things from the ground up, both on the front end and behind the scenes.

Don't Starve 2: Electric Boogaloo

9 hours ago, Faintly Macabre said:

Nonexistent. If single player Don't Starve needs further iteration, it's time for a sequel; a chance to rework some things from the ground up, both on the front end and behind the scenes.

I disagree. We can treat DST as sequel. If you ask me they could make a spiritual successor. They tried to create SW as a stand-alone game and it used the same art-style and gameplay. So they'd stick to the formular and fans wouldn't say "it's not DS". They did the same thing for DST. I am unsure what you meant with 'rework some things'. They made new worlds and things in SW and HAM but the basic gameplay (eating, light, crafting etc.) was kept.

I wish new DLC would be finished unlike hamlet :C

But I think the desert would be so boring because we get everything about "Mazes and Treasures" from hamlet. Maybe primal times would be great. We saw the modern pig times on hamlet, we need primal version of pigs with tooths and furries. We should able to make "Real" black magic like voodo etc. But must important we should see ruins. The ruin with giant butterflies, chestrazor or spideterosaurs (flying spiders.) It's would be fantastic.

Archived