What would you like in the game? (pre beta)

What would you like in the game?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. If Klei gave you the option which of these if any would you welcome into the game?

• Craftable Pig head effigies (keeps them away)
    • Craftable Spider effigies (keeps them away)
    • Craftable Bunnymen effigies (keeps them away)
    • Craftable Splumonkey effigies (keeps them away)
    • Craftable Penguin bait to lure penguins to spawn ice where you want
    • A different upgrade to chester that allows him to pick stuff up near you (for maxwell mains c: )
    • A purple magic staff that poisons and slows those you hit
    • World gen toggle for fire spreading speeds (none is an option)

I was watching a few DST streamers and on one of their streams they asked if it was safe to remove pig heads from touch stones without jeopardizing her ability to revive on it. This got me thinking... pig heads make excellent pieces of decoration especially for something like a Werepig farm set up or for a Mooncaller staff area the pig heads with their eyes filled by lunar energy  got me thinking why stop there?
Other animals might not glow on Full moons but they could serve as deterrents such as maybe a spider effigy will keep spiders from wandering over to your basecamp from a nearby spiders nest. Bunnymen and Piggies will cower from Webber/Wortox mains who build their respective effigy.
I added a couple different options too because i'm curious like that :wilsconnivingsmile: anyways let me know which of these options if any you'd like in the game why or why not, or what would you personally prefer?

nothing there is what i want to have happen, i just want more ocean-specific biomes like i dunno a place where lots of sharks like to hang out and a coral reef and a hot spring that increases your temperature but also melts your boat n stuff

i'd also like more boat attachments that make the idea of living on just one boat piece a bit more viable, like maybe a trawl net attachment that you can attach to the side of your boat and it catches some food for you, and maybe another type of sail that goes faster than the other one.

altogether I'd like to gush a bit about how this expansion has the potential to be amazing since it expands our horizons so much with so much theoretical new content to explore and be around

but pengull bait would be pretty nice too

I feel like picking-up chester would be annoying to be travel with.

since it gets distracted from any items dropped near,picking up useless stuff before your loot etc

but still cool concept, just imagine a fat chester devouring everything on sight lol

2 hours ago, Poebus said:

since it gets distracted from any items dropped near,picking up useless stuff before your loot etc

but still cool concept, just imagine a fat chester devouring everything on sight lol

LOL that sounds like where i want to be in life

19 hours ago, Poebus said:

9 Orange Gems = 1 Big Boi 
{Maybe a ridable Chester?}

One thing i would like that will never happen would be the ability to befriend Splumonkeys...

You give one an item(any item) and they become your personal collector for several days. You could then have a special craftable chest that you put a banana in, and when the Splumonkey gets near it they automatically put all the items they collected into it(only if a banana is in place). And if you want to unfriend the Splumonkey early, then just give it a banana and it goes home. Even using your Splumonkey Effigy idea, you could use those to keep them from collecting any items in there vicinity(specifically your base). 

This would turn them from the most annoying mob into a useful one. Also forgot to mention that a befriended Splumonkey can also come to the surface, making them perfect garbage men for servers.

On 5/20/2019 at 8:54 AM, AceTheMartyr said:

I was watching a few DST streamers and on one of their streams they asked if it was safe to remove pig heads from touch stones without jeopardizing her ability to revive on it. This got me thinking... pig heads make excellent pieces of decoration especially for something like a Werepig farm set up or for a Mooncaller staff area the pig heads with their eyes filled by lunar energy  got me thinking why stop there?
Other animals might not glow on Full moons but they could serve as deterrents such as maybe a spider effigy will keep spiders from wandering over to your basecamp from a nearby spiders nest. Bunnymen and Piggies will cower from Webber/Wortox mains who build their respective effigy.
I added a couple different options too because i'm curious like that :wilsconnivingsmile: anyways let me know which of these options if any you'd like in the game why or why not, or what would you personally prefer?

Hammer : *exists*
OP : *im about to end this man's whole career*

-----------------
Lazy Forager : *exists*
OP : *im about to  end this man's whole career too*

12 hours ago, CrimXane said:

Hammer : *exists*
OP : *im about to end this man's whole career*

-----------------
Lazy Forager : *exists*
OP : *im about to  end this man's whole career too*

i dont understand whats the hammer for? the effigies are intended to stay up to either attract or repel the monster/creature it represents
and sure the lazy forager is a thing but who is gonna sit there and waste a lazy forager on logs when you havent fed chester since um uhhh EVER :p  this chester variant is intended for maxwell mains to harvest wood and then take a nap because their brittle old man bones are soft n sqwooshy (jk jk :p )

On 5/22/2019 at 12:19 PM, Rogueagent01 said:

One thing i would like that will never happen would be the ability to befriend Splumonkeys...

You give one an item(any item) and they become your personal collector for several days. You could then have a special craftable chest that you put a banana in, and when the Splumonkey gets near it they automatically put all the items they collected into it(only if a banana is in place). And if you want to unfriend the Splumonkey early, then just give it a banana and it goes home. Even using your Splumonkey Effigy idea, you could use those to keep them from collecting any items in there vicinity(specifically your base). 

This would turn them from the most annoying mob into a useful one. Also forgot to mention that a befriended Splumonkey can also come to the surface, making them perfect garbage men for servers.

totally added if Wilbur is added

On 5/24/2019 at 12:06 AM, AceTheMartyr said:

i dont understand whats the hammer for? the effigies are intended to stay up to either attract or repel the monster/creature it represents

Just destroy the frekeen houses mate.

22 hours ago, CrimXane said:

Just destroy the frekeen houses mate.

thats not the point tho i want new decorations new buildings that if they offer some kind of utility i wont say no to, just more new things in general

22 hours ago, Hell-met said:

this is an oddly specific list that I cannot relate to.

i spent about 5 minutes thinking of things that could be added just off the top of my head in order to get people thinking about what they want yknow? so what would you like to be added into the game? 

1 hour ago, AceTheMartyr said:

thats not the point tho i want new decorations new buildings that if they offer some kind of utility i wont say no to, just more new things in general

i spent about 5 minutes thinking of things that could be added just off the top of my head in order to get people thinking about what they want yknow? so what would you like to be added into the game? 

not a Toad 2.0 that i have to kill just to get a chair decoration.

On 5/20/2019 at 5:34 PM, Terra_Zina said:

F**k Splumonkeys. Also yes pls I want fire farms.

I enjoy killing Splumonkeys. I think they are the best farm in the caves after bunnies. Dunno why people hate them so much when you can totally avoid them

Archived