Jump to content

which is the best setup and best way to cool robo miner


Recommended Posts

My solution is a bit more advanced and stupid at the same time:

I use more robominers with reduced line of sight, so if that´s something you don´t want stop reading here^^

 

=> Build a (metal/conductive) tile under the robominer and drip some liquid on it.

(Most of the time I just build an plastic tempshift

plate and let it melt^^)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Yunru said:

Yes you do, they generate heat when they operate.

not enough to matter.  each meteor storm they run a short amount of time and only raise 3 or 4 c.  this means it is more than 100 cycles to overheat steel.  by then you have thermium anb rebuild as those and use the regolith to hold them at 350c

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, chemie said:

not enough to matter.  each meteor storm they run a short amount of time and only raise 3 or 4 c.  this means it is more than 100 cycles to overheat steel.  by then you have thermium anb rebuild as those and use the regolith to hold them at 350c

Depends on play style. I have had real issues with them breaking and usually drip a few 10g/sec of water on them for cooling. If you race to space and exotic materials and are willing to have them slowly dig themselves out (still need one shielded and that one needs cooling), things are different, but not everybody does it that way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

Depends on play style. I have had real issues with them breaking and usually drip a few 10g/sec of water on them for cooling. If you race to space and exotic materials and are willing to have them slowly dig themselves out (still need one shielded and that one needs cooling), things are different, but not everybody does it that way.

that one shielded one can last 500 cycles as thermium.  you gain very little temp each time it runs and it does not run often.  but yes  people are free to cool if they want, I was just saying you dont need to.  just like you dont need to cool metal volcanoes since it gets built at 40c but people still do it anyway

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, chemie said:

that one shielded one can last 500 cycles as thermium.  you gain very little temp each time it runs and it does not run often.  but yes  people are free to cool if they want, I was just saying you dont need to.  just like you dont need to cool metal volcanoes since it gets built at 40c but people still do it anyway

500 cycles is just not acceptable if you play for a base that is permanently autonomous as goal. That is certainly not the only possible goal, but it is a valid one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gurgel said:

500 cycles is just not acceptable if you play for a base that is permanently autonomous as goal. That is certainly not the only possible goal, but it is a valid one.

OK but then it is just repaired by your dups.  I mean, repairing on miner once every 500+ cycle or building a complex cooling solution?

This one is likely ~300 cycles old and looks to me like it is good for 1000+ more cycles

image.thumb.png.c1a2da99f7a6d72f23977315f742e71a.png

image.thumb.png.51adeb5f7e967f416fe4f0d017fabdfb.png

no cooling needed and the first part was originally built from steel 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, chemie said:

OK but then it is just repaired by your dups.  I mean, repairing on miner once every 500+ cycle or building a complex cooling solution?

That depends entirely on my personal preferences, don't you think? Also, repairing it may be infeasible without manual intervention (buried in Regolith), and, if I remember correctly, does not bring the temperature down. Sorry, but the only thing I hear here from you is "my way is superior", when that is definitely not the case. Your way is an _option_. It is one of several. And there is no absolute truth that makes it superior. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

yeah you really have to deconstruct an overheating building.

I hope they address that issue by release date. The repair material should modify a broken building's temperature based on the added material's temp and heat capacity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

you can raise some morbs near robo miner, let them produce PO2, which is always 47 C roughly, then you blow that gas to robo miner and cool them down. Morbs produces unlimited amount of PO2, so very sustainable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Gurgel said:

That depends entirely on my personal preferences, don't you think? Also, repairing it may be infeasible without manual intervention (buried in Regolith), and, if I remember correctly, does not bring the temperature down. Sorry, but the only thing I hear here from you is "my way is superior", when that is definitely not the case. Your way is an _option_. It is one of several. And there is no absolute truth that makes it superior. 

I have never said my way is superior.  If you re-read my post I said "but yes  people are free to cool if they want, I was just saying you dont need to. "

 

"You dont need to" is very different than what you are trying to put in my mouth with your words. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, chemie said:

I have never said my way is superior.  If you re-read my post I said "but yes  people are free to cool if they want, I was just saying you dont need to. "

I never said you said that. I said this is what I "get", i.e. it is my impression. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...