Expanded house suggestions?

Recently I've been trying to make the best use out of the extra rooms in the shanty, but I'm not sure what to put in the other rooms. Any suggestions as to what I can do with the extra rooms (basically, any tips or recommendations)?

Lol, I feel that, like beefalo riding, this is one of those things the player base clamors for and then, once they get it, realizes is more trouble than it’s worth! 

As it is, I’m usually torn between stowing my stuff in chests outdoors or the single room shanty. Indoors is safer from fire and good for staying dry and sane, but the extra steps of going in and out looking for materials and items can be a minor nuisance. I don’t want to add to it by adding yet another room to go in and out of just to cook or whatever. Any room off of the first room would have to be for stuff I don’t use that often, like seasonal hats, and even then I picture going through two doors to grab a gas mask, only to find it’s at 15%, then having to go out again to make a new one, hoping the materials I need are in the same room as the alchemy engine, etc. Same with creating an armory off the main room. Bats incoming — oh wait, I need a fresher weapon or armor, so let’s go through two doors to grab it!

I do think I’ll build an add-on at some point, though, for one specific purpose: creating a trinket museum, using floating shelves. I’ve always liked collecting those, but they do clutter the base. I could see people who are really into one particular kind (ie, gnomes), might want to create a room/shrine with gnomes on all the shelves.

32 minutes ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

Beyond aesthetics like this, you could make a kitchen, a storage room, basically any facet of a normal base you can probably make an entire room for.

I was wondering, is it possible to place bee box, butterfly inside a house ? Depending on the restrictions, you could make :

- A mole farm indoors

- A basic farm room

- Teleport a piece of the iron hulk to farm iron

- Teleport a Thunder Bird to overcharge WX-78

- Teleport a Spidermonkey and plant jungle trees to farm silk / manure. But I believe you can't plant trees inside So just manure farm

- A citizen pigs slaughter room, to teleport citizen and kill them for meat and naughtiness to spawn Krampus in an enclosed area and farm his bag

- Depending on world tripping, a spider farm, a Koaelefant manure farm, a Varg farm for hound's tooth and gems

- Teleport Snurtle and farm the slime

- A fight arena for the Ancient Herald or other bosses if you can teleport them

Of course, it all depends on what are the restrictions, that I don't have presently tested myself

8 minutes ago, Caochu said:

I was wondering, is it possible to place bee box, butterfly inside a house ? Depending on the restrictions, you could make :

- A mole farm indoors

- A basic farm room

- Teleport a piece of the iron hulk to farm iron

- Teleport a Thunder Bird to overcharge WX-78

- Teleport a Spidermonkey and plant jungle trees to farm silk / manure. But I believe you can't plant trees inside So just manure farm

- A citizen pigs slaughter room, to teleport citizen and kill them for meat and naughtiness to spawn Krampus in an enclosed area and farm his bag

- Depending on world tripping, a spider farm, a Koaelefant manure farm, a Varg farm for hound's tooth and gems

- Teleport Snurtle and farm the slime

- A fight arena for the Ancient Herald or other bosses if you can teleport them

Of course, it all depends on what are the restrictions, that I don't have presently tested myself

Moleworms won't make burrows indoors

Pretty sure you can't build farms inside buildings

You can't plant trees indoors anymore

7 minutes ago, Hx380 said:

Moleworms won't make burrows indoors

Saddening :( But logic. But still saddening :D

7 minutes ago, Hx380 said:

Pretty sure you can't build farms inside buildings

I remember that I built farms indoors months ago. There were problems, and I don't remember if the possibility was removed or no. But yeah, probably removed like planting the trees indoors

Archived