Just an idea

Ye know, I think it'd be cool if later on cooking could change a bit. I've found cooking yer meal is quite boring sometimes and a tad broken. Mayhap cooking should be like in the gorge, where there's different cooking stations, it's more strict with the ingredients, etc. Idk, what do ye guys think? 

It would get very complicated and tad bit convoluted. Imagine a new player starting a new world, and there's 4 cooking stations to choose from. You would be forced to look in the Wiki everytime you would cook something.

I would like to see food buffs personally. For example, what if we kept basic crock pots still that functioned as normal but later could craft advanced cooking tools (gorge items) that gave buffs to the user such as move speed, strength, weather resistance etc.

add various types of cooking station will be really complicated and confusing

but the way crockpot works in george would be nice to add it in

imagine you can speed up cooking your meal with adding more fuel, not just waiting...for so long time

at the cost of fueling

15 hours ago, ButterStuffed said:

If the game saved known recipes in a similar way to the gorge then I would be all for it.

I had suggested on the suggestion and feedback forum some time during the Gorge to implement the Gorge's Recipe Book interface for current in-game recipes. It would help newer players understand that there are a lot of recipes that they can make, and that the same meal can be made in different ways. It would also help experienced players like me to try eating a more diverse palate and not have to go to some third-party source to try to remember how to make certain recipes (if you can seriously remember how to make all 32 recipes - including goop - by their correct recipe requirements, then kudos to you, cause even I can't do that).

It doesn't fundamentally change cooking in of itself, but would be a basic improvement over the system we currently have because there would be a proper discovery and documentation aspect that was very fun from Gorge. Personally, I would have the correct recipe requirement be part of the recipe book, like the crockpot simulator, if only for an increased accuracy when making recipes, and to remove the "first cooked by" feature.

Considering that my original post has become archived, it's probably not gonna happen. This is the original recipe book, for those that don't know about it.

And this is my very poor, incomplete attempt at doing this in paint :'(

Spoiler

20190420122747_1.thumb.jpg.bf34d9254e51e89a9ae074a8d9a9c146.jpg

21 hours ago, PriscaMitica said:

It would get very complicated and tad bit convoluted. Imagine a new player starting a new world, and there's 4 cooking stations to choose from. You would be forced to look in the Wiki everytime you would cook something.

to be fair, since you can't see what other players put in a crockpot, the original is still a wet goop machine for anyone without wikipedia

I would like cooking to be similar to Gorge's; different structures, different dish, dependence of speed on fuel's amount, and a possibility of burning the meal if you aren't careful enough.

That is yet another aspect I would like to be harder, since it also gives really nice results (in this case meals).

I personally would love to see something like a craftable spit roast; that thing you always see cooking meat over campfires in cartoons. It'd obviously take more time to cook than something in a crock pot, but maybe it'd be balanced out by every roast having more than one portion? I think it'd be an awesome way to make dinnertime a little more involved for everyone at the base.

22 minutes ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

Why have anything cook slower than a crock pot?

It'd be something to do instead of just sitting around the fire at night. Plus, i'd guess it'd be able to be placed over things like regular campfires, which would make it like a semi-portable-crockpot, so it'd have to be a just a tiny bit worse to compensate timewise. 

1 hour ago, YouKnowWho said:

It'd be something to do instead of just sitting around the fire at night. Plus, i'd guess it'd be able to be placed over things like regular campfires, which would make it like a semi-portable-crockpot, so it'd have to be a just a tiny bit worse to compensate timewise. 

You should think of benefits before you worry about balancing, cooking wise, you don’t get much slower than crockpots

17 minutes ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

You should think of benefits before you worry about balancing, cooking wise, you don’t get much slower than crockpots

Oooh, I get it. For some reason I was stuck on all crock pot recipes being meatball sized times. Yeah, maybe something more around 45 seconds would be better for something like this.

Archived