NoscopeFelix    1,193

I really you get a short confirmation of the devs, even tho it will probably be a no.I just realized that the skins are connected to your klei ID( obviously duhhh) , so their saved to an online storage individually from the Ps4. I’m not sure if their able to change wortoxes properties to something that will stay unlocked even offline . I hope they will tho. This is all a speculation so sorry if it’s wrong . 

• Like 1

__IvoCZE__    5,189

There could be like some hidden file which would contain whether wortox/extra characters are unlocked but that could just be modified with copypasting the file from other's directory which could just lead to someone having wortox only while ofline for free :?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

NoscopeFelix    1,193
18 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

There could be like some hidden file which would contain whether wortox/extra characters are unlocked but that could just be modified with copypasting the file from other's directory which could just lead to someone having wortox only while ofline for free :?

Not on console tho :wilson_blush:

Canis    5,302
4 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

I feel like this could actually work with some additions, such as once you come online, the game checks the similarities between your file and your klei account. If it detects something off, you get beaned.

X-lem    169

I was really surprised the other day when my power went out and I went to play offline and couldn't pick Wortox. This needs to be added. We paid for him and should be able to use him offline.

• Like 3

Canis    5,302
2 minutes ago, X-lem said:

I was really surprised the other day when my power went out and I went to play offline and couldn't pick Wortox. This needs to be added. We paid for him and should be able to use him offline.

Oh yeah, I forgot.

Most of us actually paid money to play as him.

Sinister_Fang    8,122
18 hours ago, NoscopeFelix said:

Not on console tho :wilson_blush:

I'd imagine that could still be done. I've seen modified saves files on consoles before. I'm not sure how they go about doing it, but they do exist. I don't think this would be much different.

• Thanks 1

FreyaMaluk    4,684

absolutely agree with this... 

I really don't know how the technicalities surrounding this might work but totally agree with OP. Nice Suggestion!

• Thanks 1

NSAiswatchingus    1,210
6 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I've seen modified saves files on consoles before. I'm not sure how they go about doing it, but they do exist.

Really? Modified in what way? 

Sinister_Fang    8,122
3 hours ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

Really? Modified in what way? 

Several years back a friend of mine managed to get a modified save file for Skyrim on his Xbox 360. He had a lot of spells and items that were impossible to get normally. He brought his 360 to a family gathering and came back with a modified save. So like I said, I'm not sure how it's done, only that it can be done.

Posted (edited)

Klei are incredibly creative(bosses in ds are a literal dragon fly, Goose/Goose and a giant deer with one eye(which can shoot lasers if it's winter feast))  so they can probably come up with a creative and cheatproof solution.

Edited by Another membe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is something that really should be talked about more. Especially with more characters and skins coming down the road. It feels like I'm just borrowing Wortox and all my skins, instead of actually owning it. I understand that our collections, worlds, and Wortox are on Klei's servers, but at any point my internet can go down for whatever reason and POOF!!!, can't touch any of it. I completely understand not being able to touch my online created world, I'm ok with that, but not being able to use the stuff I worked hard to get or PAYED for! That's where my issue rises. The only way I see a fix to this is if they had to increase the file size of DST, and I think that would be a perfect way of doing it. 

Vak    9

Agree with everybody, I am super annoyed about not being able to play Wortox OR Wormwood whenever I want. I am feeling like the game is connected only to online and I can't play characters I like. Skins don't matter, I just want my characters to play any time. I know everything with collection, but please let us BIND a character to account (if a person wants) that it will lock Wortox or Wormwood to the account so you can't unspool it but you can play it ALWAYS after this, even in online. Please just realise that.

With best regards,

Big fan

• Like 4

Vak    9

Not worried about worlds much, but not being able to play favorite characters (especially Wortox, it is not even in DS) is super stressing, I want to feel like I am a part of survivor group, not a  part of some "Rent characters group"

• Like 1

Warbucks    2,593

Well I definitely hope worlds can be entered in future update regardless of it being online or offline world and being able to switch between the two because not being able to enter my world is like DST being an online only game which is terrible :wilson_cry:!

• Like 3