Willow. Wes. Wormwood.

These characters are widely agreed upon to be the worst, intentional or not. And they where, until the 19th of April 2019.

Meet Wheeler.

Armed with a gun that does nothing but destroy the items you load, agro mobs and spam "f**k" in the code, a device that's most useful feature is finding relics... for the first 10 minutes until you find them all, the amazing ability to... move somewhere slightly faster, and a stunning lack of inventory slots in a game heavy on well, inventory management, Wheeler is one of DS's newest cast members to join the fray!

Willow helps newbies overcome the dangers of the night.

Wes offers a more hardcore experience for those good enough to obtain him.

Wormwood is fun and creative, offering a new and vastly different experience unique to them and them only.

Wheeler has a nice voice and looks kinda cool.

Now, I'm not saying I hate Wheeler. But in her current state... yeah, shes pretty bad. There's a lot of potential for this character. The design and overall flavor is nice, and her gadgets are inventive and promising. The rule of three states I should put something else here. But I cant. In her current state, the only good things I can point out about her are her design and "hey, if tweaked this could work".

On one last note, the guy that made her gun spam "f**k" is a legend.

I can't be the only person to immediately open DS for the sole reason of seeing the gun spam the console.

Edit: My disappointment is immeasurable.

image.thumb.png.69d52b7cf4d30c202b16b3e19227da0a.png

Also, when you said "less inventory space" I thought you meant because she had starting items and such that she should probably keep on her. Not literally less inventory space what the hell that's so garbage.

I thought you were just complaining about the new character because theres always the slew of people that complain that a character is bad without getting far with them, but jesus Christ, I am never touching this character until she's reworked.

The first thing I noticed with her art was her hair bouncing effect... That's absolutely awesome... The problem is... That effect was applied to her front sprite ONLY... Not from the back... The image you get is bouncy beautiful curls on the front of her head... And unmovable yarn from the back of her head... Like... Really? You look at the back of her head way more time that the front... 

And she doesn't look as cool as in the portrait... 

In general both Wheeler and Wagstaff's art is very low res...  But Wheeler looks worst by far.. I hope they fix her soon

Edit. 

But her personality is my favorite from the two characters.. She us sassy and smart and funny.. I love her quotes

13 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

The first thing I noticed with her art was her hair bouncing effect... That's absolutely awesome... The problem is... That effect was applied to her front sprite ONLY... Not from the back... The image you get is bouncy beautiful curls on the front of her head... And unmovable yarn from the back of her head... Like... Really? You look at the back of her head way more time that the front... 

Huh. Observant of you. Maybe I'll try my hand at modding that in. Notice I said "try"

1 minute ago, Raspberry Shake said:

Huh. Observant of you. Maybe I'll try my hand at modding that in. Notice I said "try"

Pls don't mention mods just yet... I think Klei can fix this... If they went out of their way to make the curls from the front sprite bounce I'm sure they can get it right for the back of her head too... Ty tho.. Appreciate it :)

1 minute ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Pls don't mention mods just yet... I think Klei can fix this... If they went out of their way to make the curls from the front sprite bounce I'm sure they can get it right for the back of her head too... Ty tho.. Appreciate it :)

Spoiler

the one time I made a mod everything missing from the files and scattered across my computer randomly, which it remains today. Don't count on it.

I like her design and his ragtime voice is very good.

The only think that I don’t like is how her perks doesn’t fit in her personality.

She is suppose to be adventurous but her perks (Dodge and her gun) fit more on tactical character.

The second thing is her Small inventory, it is the worst downside any character could have.

Everything else is fine.

4 hours ago, Raspberry Shake said:

Meet Wheeler.

Armed with a gun that does nothing but destroy the items you load, agro mobs and spam "f**k" in the code, a device that's most useful feature is finding relics... for the first 10 minutes until you find them all, the amazing ability to... move somewhere slightly faster, and a stunning lack of inventory slots in a game heavy on well, inventory management, Wheeler is one of DS's newest cast members to join the fray!

"Meet Wheelerletics,

my Hamlet-locked ultimate boring character. After recently being added to the Constant I decided to up the ante. To forge my own journey from scratch. No useful weapons, less inv slots, but this time I can't hold my relics. All leading up to eventually taking on one of the Don't Starve's biggest challenges - not getting bored after a year in Hamlet."

Bless you, if you know the reference

her attributes don't meld

the only thing that really melds is her range and the ability to roll away to fire it

but shes supposed to be an adventurer but can't hold any items that she finds

has a device solely for finding things she can't hold

also less inventory isn't a game mechanic to make her more interesting it just makes her more annoying

before Warbucks was removed some fans were suggesting the idea that he can stack idols that would better meld her play style

Archived