Ahhh. There's a fire under my rocket.

On 4/16/2019 at 1:07 AM, watermelen671 said:

0/10 not on fire.

It looks like falling Regolith, as it shares the same animation as falling sand/snow.

This used to be a graphical bug AGES ago, so I'd probably try reloading, and if it's still there maybe submit a bug report? :wilson_wink:

Possibly something that was locked away and now they are working on unlocking it.
Don't know where it came from but saw this about a year ago.

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Well then get them hotter.
See what it takes.

I want fire. I saw it back then, have been waiting on it ever since. At 1st I didn't want it to come as everything I had overheated but now I'm ready to tackle a new challenge. Not the greatest player but willing for a little twist.

2 hours ago, LTLking said:

Possibly something that was locked away and now they are working on unlocking it.
Don't know where it came from but saw this about a year ago.

Why'd you necro this thread?

Also no, there are no fires in the game at the time of writing.

The water gun is an old scrapped tool that dupes would use to drain water out of any nearby pool. It was replaced by the liquid pump quite early on, in the Outbreak Upgrade IIRC.

Also I have to chuckle at those screencaps, ma dude, I have a nice thread where you can see the animations.

Spoiler

20 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Why'd you necro this thread?

Also no, there are no fires in the game at the time of writing.

Reveal hidden contents

There has to be fires at the time of writing. I saw the fire and I wrote the thread.
Use your words appropriately.
Why do you have to doubt that fire is in not there when it clearly is and now there's smoke in the game.

Hide contents

#shamelessdoubter

9 minutes ago, LTLking said:

There has to be fires at the time of writing. I saw the fire and I wrote the thread.
Use your words appropriately.
Why do you have to doubt that fire is in not there when it clearly is and now there's smoke in the game.

Hide contents

#shamelessdoubter

That's falling sand. :wilson_curious:

Also, there is no fire.

image.thumb.png.fb8dde4533d4dfbca5191dd076137433.png

There are no strings, no lines of code whatsoever for anything fire-related.

I do have this however:

5c858a26795f3_ezgif.com-apng-maker(1).png.bf2cbb2e319bf7d9e8f1e27f4c3dcfa4.png

It's old, like really old, and has existed since the first build of the game. However it was most likely scrapped before the game even entered Alpha.

On 6/29/2019 at 8:42 PM, watermelen671 said:

That's falling sand. :wilson_curious:

There are no strings, no lines of code whatsoever for anything fire-related.
Also, there is no fire

I

Sigh....
That's not sand. There was no sand under the rocket.
There was no regolith in that spot.
There was nothing in that spot when the rocket launched other than the iron you see sitting there.
I moved the iron and the fire followed.
The fire was attached to the iron, nothing else.

At the time of posting. I saw fire. Don't care what you way. It was fire to me and that's what it will be.
At the time of posting I did not go into the code and look to see if fire was available.
At the time of posting I took a picture and posted it. I never once said it was in the code.
That picture is 100% accurate at the time of posting.

I would like to see fire in the game.
You can't spoil it for me.
Do you just have to prove everyone wrong all the time?
Why don't you let people believe what they want to believe?

Did you know opening up the hidden code to games is ILLEGAL
and you want to point fingers at others.

Capture.PNG

11 minutes ago, LTLking said:

Sigh....
There was nothing in that spot when the rocket launched other than the iron you see sitting there.

At the time of posting. I saw fire. Don't care what you way. It was fire to me and that's what it will be.
At the time of posting I did not go into the code and look to see if fire was available.
At the time of posting I took a picture and posted it. I never once said it was in the code.

Did you know opening up the hidden code to games is ILLEGAL

Sigh....

I notice your using a program with SPY in the name.
Spies do illegal things.
Did you know opening up the source code to games is ILLEGAL?

and you want to point fingers at others.

Capture.PNG

bruh moment #1

Uh no.

Klei's guideline means that we shouldn't access for example the skin files in DST since those are locked.

Most of the code is available via klei tools LITERALLY POSTED on these forums

Also you can't just say something is there when it's a  different thing and code analysis further tells it's not even present.

1 minute ago, bleeter6 said:

Shut this thread down he's a troll.

Why anyone gotta be a troll.
That's always the go to excuse for anything.
Just because someone wants to believe, hope for something or disagree with anything anyone else says.
Ooooo Troll. Troll Troll. or calm down.
Here's the thing. I am calm. I do disagree with things and oh well.
That's your opinion. Agree to disagree.
I'm not going to stress over it.

3 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

via klei tools

ILSPY is Klei tools?

2 minutes ago, LTLking said:

Just because someone wants to believe, hope for something or disagree with anything anyone else says.

People made logical and accurate rebuttals to your speculation. Your response was to call them criminals, twice. Does that spell things out for you? I would not have responded this way had your reply actually been calm, like "whatever, I'mma keep my hopes up" or something.

8 minutes ago, LTLking said:

ILSPY is Klei tools?

Yeah because you saying there's a feature THAT LITERALLY has been removed and no code of it is present to you know, allow the feature to work

Maybe, I don't know, ask @watermelen671 and don't just point fingers on him like Boohoo his program is called a SPYYYYYYYYY

Also just no, I end up doing stuff with sandbox mode and NEVER has anything caught fire, because there is no code for the fire...

21 minutes ago, bleeter6 said:

People made logical and accurate rebuttals to your speculation. Your response was to call them criminals, twice. Does that spell things out for you?

There's a difference in calling someone a criminal and asking if they knew what they were doing was illegal.

You are doing illegal stuff.
However what I said was.
Do you know opening the source code is illegal?
Now the ending question there. Does that spell things out for you?
That sounds aggressive.

You could let him/her answer for him/herself and say he didn't know or allow him/her to prove otherwise.
Don't get worked up over it.

21 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Yeah because you saying there's a feature THAT LITERALLY has been removed and no code of it is present to you know, allow the feature to work
Maybe, I don't know, ask @watermelen671 and don't just point fingers on him like Boohoo his program is called a SPYYYYYYYYY

I just asked you.
ILSPY is klei tools and you didn't answer.
I looked for information on using klei tools to open it and I saw you are allowed to use Microsoft visual studios.

So I'll wait a few minutes for a reply from lvo but otherwise
I'm glad I allowed someone have an amusing day by getting in their insult for the week.
Toodle a loo.

Insult of the week? You people are making it sound like I do this all the time. I'm pretty sure the flat-earther thing was the only time I've directly insulted someone in my many months on this forum.

1 hour ago, LTLking said:

There's a difference in calling someone a criminal and asking if they knew what they were doing was illegal.

However what I said was.
Now the ending question there. Does that spell things out for you?
That sounds aggressive.

You could let him/her answer for him/herself and say he didn't know or allow him/her to prove otherwise.
Don't get worked up over it.

I just asked you.
ILSPY is klei tools and you didn't answer.
I looked for information on using klei tools to open it and I saw you are allowed to use Microsoft visual studios.

So I'll wait a few minutes for a reply from lvo but otherwise
I'm glad I allowed someone have an amusing day by getting in their insult for the week.
Toodle a loo.

It isn't even illegal, the klei guidelines are talking about distributing gamefiles, or getting access to locked files behind a special extension  ( for example DST's Skin Textures and stuff- Only few have allowed access and they still can't redistribute the files )

What Watermelen did is he showed a screenshot of  a search result.

I don't know whether ILSPY is klei tools, I answered

2 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

6 hours ago, LTLking said:

However what I said was.

I'm not sure about the country you live in, but within the United States or Canada, it is within your legal right to reverse engineer or view source code for software. It is NOT legal to DISTRIBUTE that code. 

The image you posted is describing how it is illegal to reverse engineer content that you DID NOT PAY for.

I even use the word illegal sparingly, as it is more just a violition of of terms of service. This means klei could suspend your licence for using their software, but unless they can prove that the person who violoted the terms has caused a realistic fincial burden on the company, then it would never be considered a violation of law within a court. 

Archived