Draw Your Character into Don't Starve

Posted Image

Dr.fox the Biologist with a taste for blood.

He loves to study creatures from the inside out; more so from the inside.

Spending alot of time around corpses and the dead it's no problem for him to dig up a grave or two.

All he sees is science, he loves to test, slice, dice and test again.

Sanity 100

Health 150

Hunger 150

Reduced Sanity- He's already a little insane.

Higher attack- He's well adapted to slicing and dicing living things.

Loves the dead- Loses less sanity when digging up graves.

Quotes

Deerclops = "Sounded big, I'm going to need a bigger scalpel!"

High research = "Excelsior!"

Fresh Tracks = "A fresh track means a fresh sample."

Wormhole = "No fun, looking at they're insides is only fun when they're dead."

Battle cries = "I want you to bleed!", "Trust me I'm a doctor.", "FOR SCIENCE!", "Fascinating, I shall have to open you up."

Pigking = "He looks different to the others on the outside, but on the inside..."

Axe = "All the better to dice you with."

Banage = "The Dr. will make it better"

There are much much more but I fear I've already bored you.

Posted Image

Edited by MissJaffa
  • Like 3

Posted Image

I was bored and I thought, what would I look like as a Don't Starve character? And... it got a little out of hand, figured here would be a good place to put it.

Seeing as Wendygo was a bit too similar to Wendy, I went with the proper spelling of wendigo. And I couldn't use my real name because... well, because my real name's Wendy, haha.

Bonus first sketches/mock sprites!

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted Image

I was bored and I thought, what would I look like as a Don't Starve character? And... it got a little out of hand, figured here would be a good place to put it.

Seeing as Wendygo was a bit too similar to Wendy, I went with the proper spelling of wendigo. And I couldn't use my real name because... well, because my real name's Wendy, haha.

Bonus first sketches/mock sprites!

Posted Image

I think that is a great perk. I like how you gave the beast form its own cons, so its not OP.
  • Like 2

*jumps on bandwagon*

Woo.

post-8387-13764593789093_thumb.png

Name: Watson

Nickname: The Pacifist

Catchphrase: "Surely we can settle this quarrel politely!"

Voice: Mizmar(?) Just cause it sounds cool. And it's different. {Sounds like this!

}

Abilities:

*Monsters Ignore Him - Watson will not be attacked by enemies so long as he doesn't attack them. This does not include the periodic Hound waves, Treeguards, or Deerclops.

*Quick On His Feet - Runs faster when in danger!

*Has Trouble Fighting - Deals low damage.

Stats:

Health: 150

Hunger: 150

Sanity: 200

Some Random Quotes:

Maxwell: He's rather dapper for a bad guy.

Spider: Curse my arachniphobia!

Berry Bush: This is what I have to eat?

Skeleton: Poor guy.

Chester: Good thing it's friendly.

Tree Stump: My apologizes, mister tree.

Pinecone: It's a baby tree!

Pigs: Yuck! They're hideous!

Pig King: I hope he's a nice king.

Deerclops Approaching: What the heck was that?!

Deerclops: Time to run!

Hound: He looks mad! And hungry!

Spear: The tip is poorly sharpened.

Bee: I'm allergic to bees.

Gobbler: I can't even kill that!

Watson sounds like such a common name for these characters. And yet I've never seen one. I'm sure there's one out there but hey. Whatever.

Edited by TheGreatMurph
Found the Don't Starve font!

post-42042-13764593833293_thumb.pngThis is NOT how I usually draw this OC, but the only reference I had for a cat-like animal in Don't Starve were the beardlings...Moonico's ability is like Willow's ability, but it activates immediately after dusk ends, as opposed to activating in complete darkness. The purpose of this ability is to give the player a few precious extra seconds before it gets dark. (For the one last log you must cut down, or to pick that one last patch of grass you need for a torch)Other abilities can be considered, such as further sanity drain in the rain, resistant to freezing, etc.
  • Like 2

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7166[/ATTACH]This is NOT how I usually draw this OC, but the only reference I had for a cat-like animal in Don't Starve were the beardlings...Moonico's ability is like Willow's ability, but it activates immediately after dusk ends, as opposed to activating in complete darkness. The purpose of this ability is to give the player a few precious extra seconds before it gets dark. (For the one last log you must cut down, or to pick that one last patch of grass you need for a torch)Other abilities can be considered, such as further sanity drain in the rain, resistant to freezing, etc.

aaawww

[attach=config]7166[/attach]

this is not how i usually draw this oc, but the only reference i had for a cat-like animal in don't starve were the beardlings...

Moonico's ability is like willow's ability, but it activates immediately after dusk ends, as opposed to activating in complete darkness. The purpose of this ability is to give the player a few precious extra seconds before it gets dark. (for the one last log you must cut down, or to pick that one last patch of grass you need for a torch)

other abilities can be considered, such as further sanity drain in the rain, resistant to freezing, etc.

spaaaaaaccee caaaaatttttsssss!!!!

Title: The Broken Prolific Writer

Name: Winona Olivia Cornelia

Nationality: British

Stats:

Sanity: 150

Health: 112

Hunger: 112 drains 0.50x slower

Melee: 1.0x

Perks:

Comes with a pen that squirts ink at foes to slow them down.

Runs 0.50x faster than normal speed.

Disadvantages:

Sanity decreases 3x faster in the dark and around bees and spiders as well as during battle.

Runs 0.25x slower after using broken pen in battle or is injured. Ink slows run for 3 minutes.

She is actually an rp character of mine- recently made thus the detailed description. Rped with on tumblr mostly.

Quotes:

Bee: AAH, the stinging ones!

Spider: Begone you eight legged coccyndynia!

Night approaching: The time of the evil shadows is closing in.

Attacking: My wrath come unto you!

Oh yea?! Try and eat me now chump!

Face me coward!

I will end you!

Axe: The maker of light to ward away evil shadows.

Shovel: It's like a giant spoon, only with wood...and heavier.

Pig: Ew, they smell funny.

Something Approaching: Something approaches, prepare for battle!

Chester: He's much better than dogs.

Maxwell: His suit makes me think of my fathers suits.

Spear: My sharp protector.

Hounds: Evil gods, evil dogs!

Ah just a quick thing I should probably mention to those attempting to integrate their OCs into the game.

With updates, MAKE SURE you backup your characters files.

The game gets reset to the default characters after an update, so you have to readd them after the update is implemented or the character won't be there.

It's a hassle, but if you want to keep continuing to use them, it's important to make backups

post-39726-13764593947393_thumb.pngI had alot of fun with this. 'Thought it would be cool to be able to play as a vampire, having to stay out of the sun and needing to directly attack creatures to eat. Maybe have it start you out at night, where it's dark but you have a good field of vision (as if theres a nice bonfire going). Then when day comes the screen whites out and you'll burn to death if you don't find cover fast enough (umbrellas could provide some vision, caves). Even with the good perks I think it would be a real challenge!I thought about making it an actual fan character (like "Winifred" or something) but eh, SHAMELESS SELF-INSERTION POWER! Edited by EMShelley
spelling
  • Like 1

I will come up with one a bit more "me" later, but for some reason this has been stuck in my head since I read this thread yesterday.post-33765-13764594050075_thumb.jpgWoodstockThe Hippie*Receives no damage from eating mushrooms, but does lose sanity. (Basically all mushrooms act like green mushrooms.)*Is damaged by eating meat, though he is able to use other animal parts for resources.*Has negative tech level meaning he will only unlock half of the science machine recipes and everything else scales to the alchemy machine/shadow manipulator respectively.*Is not affected by weather (rain or cold).Quotes:Bee: "Sweet"Tree: "I shall hug it".Chopped down tree: "It needs a hug"

Edited by Xina42
Added some quotes
  • Like 1