Draw Your Character into Don't Starve

Thought I might get people more motivated to create their own characters for Don't Starve by making a blank template, it may not be the best, but it gives people something to work with I suppose.post-14041-13764592531276_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I did it this time :3

Posted Image

~ Hits harder (2x attack power)

~ carnivore ability (can eat raw meat and monster meat with no poor effects, damage dealt on eating raw vegtables)

~ Teleport Ability (can teleport with X+click)

~ Fear instead of sanity

fear levels will slowly drain in "safe areas"

small monsters dont increase fear (spiders,hounds and tentcals)

fear accumlates near Maxwell related items (chess flooring teleporter parts, the Maxwell statue, etc)

when fear maxes out Mallory enters "panic mode" and will have skittish animations and teleport randomly and can miss when attacking

Mallory can still access sanity related things like beardlings and shadow monsters By consuming 3+ pumpkin cookies/taffy in a row and inducing sugar rush mode

also has unique items!

spider hair (drops from spiders)

sling [rope + pig skin] (0 tier battle)

trick pellet blue [silk, petals nitre] (tier 1 battle)

trick pellet yellow [silk, spider hair,nitre] (tier 1 battle)

trick pellet white [silk,ash,nitre](tier 0 battle)

bomb trap [papyrus, nitre, petals, ash ,rope] (tier 2 survival)

Edited by stormfront

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4902[/ATTACH]Sorry about how it looks,I am using an old edition of Paint.

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ohmyfreakingsweetbabyjesusMERMSJISDFNSDJFNDSJFNSDGJKNDBFJNHFJGNHDJFHDSJFNDSMMERMSMERMSMEJFNMSDJFNSJKDFMNSAJKEFMNDJKGNSDJMEHMRSMEMS SMEMRNSMRMWERMDMWSDFMJKDGFNSEJFNDSJIFNWEFJ

I actually had a concept for a character for a while, a mental institution patient, Walter.Don't ask me what went wrong with the colours, i don't know either.post-8728-13764592536552_thumb.jpg*1 Always hallucinating means he'll have to be smart for getting the right resources. But he doesn't hallucinate like you do at number 0 of sanity, he does have the visual effects of 0 but not that annoying loop that appears on 70.*2 This means the shadow monsters won't try to attack him, but will only roam around the place, Walter doesn't lose any sanity by being near them, and attacking them will make them aggresive as usual.*3 This means normal creatures will back away when he's nearby. (Beefalos will slowly walk away, rabbits will run as usual, pigs will need 2 pieces of meat for them to finally follow you from a good distance away, a good thing is, gobblers will not appear from bushes.I don't know about the straightjacket. I should have drawn him with a broken straightjacket so it makes more sense that he can pick up stuff and whatnot.

• Like 3

I actually had a concept for a character for a while, a mental institution patient, Walter.Don't ask me what went wrong with the colours, i don't know either*1 Always hallucinating means he'll have to be smart for getting the right resources. But he doesn't hallucinate like you do at number 0 of sanity, he does have the visual effects of 0 but not that annoying loop that appears on 70.*2 This means the shadow monsters won't try to attack him, but will only roam around the place, Walter doesn't lose any sanity by being near them, and attacking them will make them aggresive as usual.*3 This means normal creatures will back away when he's nearby. (Beefalos will slowly walk away, rabbits will run as usual, pigs will need 2 pieces of meat for them to finally follow you from a good distance away, a good thing is, gobblers will not appear from bushes.I don't know about the straightjacket. I should have drawn him with a broken straightjacket so it makes more sense that he can pick up stuff and whatnot.

Glad to see people are using the template, I also wanted to thank you for uploading Django Style and Creepy Forest music tracks on Youtube if I haven't already.

I actually had a concept for a character for a while, a mental institution patient, Walter.Don't ask me what went wrong with the colours, i don't know either.[ATTACH=CONFIG]5779[/ATTACH]*1 Always hallucinating means he'll have to be smart for getting the right resources. But he doesn't hallucinate like you do at number 0 of sanity, he does have the visual effects of 0 but not that annoying loop that appears on 70.*2 This means the shadow monsters won't try to attack him, but will only roam around the place, Walter doesn't lose any sanity by being near them, and attacking them will make them aggresive as usual.*3 This means normal creatures will back away when he's nearby. (Beefalos will slowly walk away, rabbits will run as usual, pigs will need 2 pieces of meat for them to finally follow you from a good distance away, a good thing is, gobblers will not appear from bushes.I don't know about the straightjacket. I should have drawn him with a broken straightjacket so it makes more sense that he can pick up stuff and whatnot.

Woah! Love it.

Out of all this, [MENTION=18707]ride6[/MENTION]'s is prolly the best, while [MENTION=8728]Irontaco[/MENTION] is the follow up. Everyone else's is kinda under par, for my tastes. :p

You can please some people some of the time, but you can't please everyone all of the time I suppose. Either way, feel free to contribute if you wish.

post-21072-13764592541368_thumb.jpg*His perk is basically a 1.5x multiplier on food effects, including the negative ones. Just to balance it out, in case it's seen as overpowered.His basic personality is that of a snappy, disgruntled chef who hates people. Apologies for the incorrect fonts, my searches for the correct ones were a spectacular failure.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5792[/ATTACH]*His perk is basically a 1.5x multiplier on food effects, including the negative ones. Just to balance it out, in case it's seen as overpowered.His basic personality is that of a snappy, disgruntled chef who hates people. Apologies for the incorrect fonts, my searches for the correct ones were a spectacular failure.

Love his motto

Umm...My drawing skill is that of three pigs.Which isn't a good thing, because all the pigs are trying to draw at once, resulting in a garbled image.I can make an attempt to bring an idea I had into the world of the artistic, but where do you get these templates?

I was thinking of Walter's perks and weaknesses recently. Maybe one is taking more time to do stuff? (Using the mouth instead of hands.) And maybe being better at combat? (Maybe when he uses tools and spear and whatnot, shadow hands use the tools and do the action for him.)

Posted Image

Name: Isaac

Title: The Psychiatrist

Motto: "The mysteries of the mind ..."

Perks:

- Very sane: Even though has half total in his Sanity Meter (75), he recovers sanity points twice as fast, but ...

- Very, very sane: Once his Sanity reaches lower than half (37), he loses sanity points twice as fast instead.

- Slow motion: The clock moves slowly for him, for better or worse.

- Not an athlete: Only has 100 Health Points total and walks slightly slower.

Edited by ScienceMachine