Draw Your Character into Don't Starve

And another character...Name: MorgarTitle: The DragonCatchphrase: "Burn, Burn BURN!"Abilities:-Can shoot fireballs at enemies, but not at during the coldest days of winter (note: range and damage can be upgraded)-Can bite enemies with Fire Fangs when eaten enough charcoal (note: fire lasting and damage can be upgraded)-Can hover over the air making him faster and increasing his defense (note: he has a stamina bar which decreases when running and flying, normally 1/5 secs when running and 2/1 secs when flying. Starting stamina is 15 but eating 3 dragonpies can upgrade it to 35)-When eating dragon fruit, he drops dragon fruit seeds(100% that he will drop atleast 1 and 40% that he will drop 2) and guano.-Takes 2x the damage from freezing-When on fire, he takes 2 dmg/1min and he heals his sanity by 2/1sec when on fire-Spawns with a red gem -Red hounds will not attack him and if he wears the life giving amulet, the fire hounds will attack other hounds-His heatstone will never go totally coldThe stamina bar appears as his wings under the sanity, hunger and health bar, in bright green color. The less stamina he has, the more broken the wings look like. His stamina recharges by 1/3secs when walking, and 2/1secs when he stands still. His stamina goes down by 1/1secs when he walks on a road(as when he walks on a road he runs), and 2/1secs when he flies. Roads or thge walking cane will not boost him up when he flies, because he is not touching the ground. When he hovers(press the H-key to hover), he gains a 30% speed boost and x0.8 defense boost, and enemy attacks have a 45% chance of not hitting him. He also loses -5 sanity by going to hover mode, and when his stamina bar is under 5, he cannot fly and when its under 6, he is x0.7 slower than usual. When he first starts, he has the ability to shoot fireballs at enemies. These fireballs do 16.9 damage, set enemies on fire and have a range of not quite a full screen(if you stand in the middle of the screen, and there is a rabbit on the other side you cant hit it or it will miss, making the rabbit run into its hole etc.). When he eats a charcoal, the range will be improved to 1 and a 1/4 screens, and the damage will increase to 25.8 he also gains +10 health from eating a charcoal, but loses -15 sanity. When he eats another charcoal, the range of fireballs will be increased to 2 full screens, and damage to 36. The third charcoal will increase the range to 2 and a half screens and damage to 40.2. The fourth one will not increase range anymore, but it will increase power to 44.6. The 5th and the last charcoal he can eat to increase the damage of fireballs will make the dmg to 51.6, and he doesnt need to charge the attack(normally it would take 2 seconds to charge it). then he gains a new attack, the Fire Fang which is a melee attack which does 17 damage and sets enemies on fire for 3 seconds, but has a cooldown of 5 seconds and a charge of 2 seconds. When he eats a charcoal after unlocking this, the damage will increase to 26.3 and the fire lasting time to 5 seconds. The second charcoal eaten after unlocking this attack will make the dmg to 30.6, fire lasting time to 6 seconds, and reduce the cooldown for 1 second making it only 4 seconds. Then, the third charcoal will increase dmg to 39.8 and the fire lasting time to 8 seconds. When the 4th charcoal is eaten, the attack damage will increase to 43, fire lasting time will increase to 10 seconds and cooldown reduced by 1 second. The last charcoal, which in total is the tenth one will increase the damage to 53, fire lasting time to 15 seconds, and he no longer needs to charge it. When he charges his attacks, a little ring similar to the "day night cycle ring" will appear next to him, indicating how long he needs to charge. At winter, he cannot shoot fireballs, except for the first 2 days of winter, so be prepared for the next days and use this as your advantage. Also, his perk that red hounds will not attack him ,and attack if he is wearing a life giving amulet is a great advantage against summer hounds. Also, when its mid summer and the Winter O' Meter shows that its very hot, he will gain +3.5 attack damage to his fire attacks and x0.5 increase of attack damage to normal weapons(blowdarts, melee weapons etc.). But when its winter, the first 2 days his fire attacks will lose -3.5 attack damage, and all over the winter his attack power will be cut to 0.8(normally 1.3). Also, take caution for not to freeze at winter as he takes twice as much damage from it. But his perk that his heatstone will never go totally cold(blue), thus to his body temperature it will always keep him warm just enough to run but if he cuts trees he will begin to freeze. And as his heatstone always stays white if it is run out, he can recharge it faster if it runs out. He has a fie in his tail, which runs out if he dies(similar to charmander in pokemon, as if his tails fire runs out, it will die) and is very small when he sleeps and when its winter. Thus when its summer, it is very big and can set thing on fire(this only has a 23% chance of happening though) and produces enough light to survive the night from grue. Also, when he eats charcoal, his tails fire will get bigger, in winter he needs to eat 6 charcoal to survive the night and not freeze with his tail and in summer he may not need any or only 1.Some quotes: "I like it! Its red, warm, and has a fire inside it. Just like me!" (examining a red gem) "It looks like it would burn VERY well... shall i try?" (examining a big evergreen)

Here's my go! Just an old character I had lying around. Don't Starve fan characters needed more pudgy ladies. I was a bit too lazy to actually put this on a screen template.post-68614-13764597111579_thumb.pngADRIAThe Bugbear"Did you have a pleasant dream?"* Can hibernate* Carnivore* When you're the nightmare, what's left to fear?* Has the right to bear arms- Hibernation perk (improved cold tolerance, especially when sleeping, no hunger loss when sleeping, but MUST sleep winter nights or will suffer extreme loss of sanity and hunger)- Gains less sustenance from non-meats- Slower sanity loss, but lower max sanity- Can eat nightmare fuel to completely restore health, while reducing sanity to 10%- Runs at .75% normal speed (all that storing for hibernation slows her down)- Bugbear arms give a weak unarmed melee attackI'll probably do a self-insert later, just for fun.

And this is how you get Morgar:You need to be in adventure mode, and you will find a set piece called "Dragon Mound" much like the hound mound, it will have bones and skeletons near it. It looks like a small mountain made of rock and it has moss on it. It is surrounded by (inside from outside order)a ring of trees, then a ring of rockyland with only golden rocks in it, and lastly there is a ring swamp and tentacles. To unlock him, you need to first walk to the Dragon Mound itself, then examine it and 2 clockwork bishops will appear. You need to fight those and win, then you will see a dragon appearing, protecting the mound and attacking you if you get too close. Now, you need either 5 small meats (frog legs, morsels etc.) or 2 full meats.(not including monster meat, only meat and big jerky etc.). Then you need to drop them on to the ground outside the ring of trees and the dragon will fly to eat them. This will reveal an egg, which when you pick up, appears as a dragon egg. Then, suddenly Maxwell appears and puts a giant cage on top of the dragon and says: "Thank you, fro bringing the dragon outside it's nest. I shall gift you, you deserve it." Then starting to laugh and takes the dragon with him. Then you will be sent back to the world you started in, with all your supplies except food or weapons. But you will have the dragon egg which you need to get hatching. You need to keep it always near fire, or it will start freezing like a tallbird egg. It won't freeze though, freezing just makes longer time waiting for it to hatch. If you survive till day 150(the egg will hatch around day 50-60 if you keep it warm), Maxwell will appear, saying: "I was wrong. That dragon was not the one i was looking for. YOU FOOLED ME!" and then teleport you instantly to the final level of adventure mode. There you will see Maxwell sitting on the nightmare throne as usual, but there is a dragon next to him. The dragon is standing still cause of the chain between her and the nightmare throne. The dragon will look at you and the hatched lil' dragon and start roaring. Then the little dragon will walk towards the big one, hugging her due to the fact that they are a mom and son. Then Maxwell will say: "Ah, THAT is the dragon i was looking for.... MUHAHAHAHAA!!" Then 2 night hands start coming towards the little dragon. When the hands touch him, his mom will start roaring and pulling herself out of the nightmare throne. When she does it, she starts flamethrowering the hands, making them disappear. Then she tries to hurt the nightmare throne but is uncapable of doing so. Suddenly, a portal will appear taking the player and the dragons back to where you left at day 150. The little dragon will walk towards you and hug you. Then fly away with his mom. Then you just need to survive 50 more days either in that world or a new world and you will unlock Morgar as a playable character.

Morgar looks a bit like the Pokemon called "Charmeleon" and the way his tail's fire runs out when he dies is a reference to Charmander Charmeleon and Charizard cause if their tail's fire runs out, they die. But mostly Morgar looks like a baby Flame Dragon from the game "Dragon City" on Facebook, but with white eyes.post-53302-1376459711502_thumb.png

I actually had a concept for a character for a while, a mental institution patient, Walter.Don't ask me what went wrong with the colours, i don't know either.[ATTACH=CONFIG]5779[/ATTACH]*1 Always hallucinating means he'll have to be smart for getting the right resources. But he doesn't hallucinate like you do at number 0 of sanity, he does have the visual effects of 0 but not that annoying loop that appears on 70.*2 This means the shadow monsters won't try to attack him, but will only roam around the place, Walter doesn't lose any sanity by being near them, and attacking them will make them aggresive as usual.*3 This means normal creatures will back away when he's nearby. (Beefalos will slowly walk away, rabbits will run as usual, pigs will need 2 pieces of meat for them to finally follow you from a good distance away, a good thing is, gobblers will not appear from bushes.I don't know about the straightjacket. I should have drawn him with a broken straightjacket so it makes more sense that he can pick up stuff and whatnot.

That character is amazing, I think he souldn't smile "in game", because as a portrait it shows his madness but if he's constanly smiling in game it looks like a happy guy, at least if he smiles that way.What a great concept for a character fit's really well within the game, congratulations and keep the good work!

Hi all, this is my take on this topic, Wilda, the witch with her broom, Salem, that makes her faster (as the walking stick does); she has small stomach, a lot of sanity and low health, she has extra spells like summoning ghosts, light, maybe teleporting between two portals, confuse monsters to attack each other etc., she starts with a witch hat, that gives/heals sanity, but expires and can be made from silk, tentacle spots and black feather

post-69609-13764597121599_thumb.jpg

Edited by MoKa
picture watermark
  • Like 1

~Hey guys, if someone is willing too, I would like someone to make and draw this concept of a character for me and send it to my email (at the bottom of this post)~

Characters look: A Beardlord (please make him look unique, no custom animation needed)

Name: Wunzey

Title: The Greatest Beardlord

Quote: "I miss my hole.".

Pros and Cons:

*Other Beardlords will defend Wunzey when given Beard Hairs.

*When below 25 sanity Wunzey regenerates 5 HP every minute

*Beardlings don't run from Wunzey.

*Starts with 5 Beard Hairs

*Will respawn ONCE on a Grave

*When death occurs, he returns with 10 sanity, 10 HP, and 10 Hunger left.

*Eating carrots increases sanity, hunger, and health.

*Bunnymen attempt to kill Wunzey.

*Eating meat decreases sanity, but restores more hunger than usual.

*Pig people hate Wunzey

*Hates stale and spoiled food, and if eaten loses 10 HP and 10 Sanity and chance to produce manure and/or nightmare fuel.

*Loses sanity due to carrying any type of meat besides Leafy Meat.

Stats:

150HP

200Hunger

120Sanity

1.5x Melee damage

Voice: Any creepy sounding instrument.

Thanks!

Email: jonathon.kunkel@gmail.com

Alt. Email: jonathon.kunkels@gmail.com

Edited by Darkpast224

Hi all, this is my take on this topic, Wilda, the witch with her broom, Salem, that makes her faster (as the walking stick does); she has small stomach, a lot of sanity and low health, she has extra spells like summoning ghosts, light, maybe teleporting between two portals, confuse monsters to attack each other etc., she starts with a witch hat, that gives/heals sanity, but expires and can be made from silk, tentacle spots and black feather

She is adorable! I love the concept and the art especially.

This is a character I obviously did not draw. This comes from the show courage the cowardly dog. He is one of the creepiest characters ever. I find it amusing to do this though.

post-59564-13764597190125_thumb.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

It is a very weak "drawing" as I can see. It took like one minute to make.

Nice concept, great art :) would love to see her in game

Thank you all for your kind comments, I wanted to write which characters I would love to see in game, but now that I think of it all has the perks and fun I'd really enjoy playing with :)I love this thread!

These all look weird and creepy and good and great, except my Morgar X.X he just looks derpy with almost half of his head non-done. But well, i am not so good at drawing with Paint. I would love to see all of these in-game. I would perhaps not PLAY them all, but i would like to even see them ^^

im behind you...

Hello.This is pretty much my first time on any forum or thread, and I decided to choose this one in particular because I am intrigued by what characters may be introduced, their appearance, associated abilities, back-stories and so forth. (Also, I apologize for any grammatical or spelling errors and for the overly long sentence).I also would like to know any opinions or thoughts about a character I am making named Walker. I have a few ideas about Walker's personality or querks. They are as follows:- He is the overly nervous, quite antisocial type=would most likely affect sanity - Through his name, he may walk a little fasterHe might be known as 'the Wanderer' or 'the Traveller' or something along those lines.I would like to know if anyone has any thoughts about some other abilities or quotes Walker is missing.Thanks very much and I apologize again if a post is not supposed to be this long.