Sleepytime Stories stealing and most efficient start questions.

9 hours ago, Fozzlebub said:

Jw if it is possible to steal using it, as I haven't seen it mentioned.

As well, as of now what's the most efficient source and specific method for a sustainable food source and income?

No matter what method is used, if the Pig is sleeping or dead, you can steal the item.

If the pig is alive, and you steal, the stock you stole from will never be restocked.
This means once you rob a place dry, it'll stay empty forever. 

Just now, Angel_Octoling said:

No matter what method is used, if the Pig is sleeping or dead, you can steal the item.

If the pig is alive, and you steal, the stock you stole from will never be restocked.
This means once you rob a place dry, it'll stay empty forever. 

ohhhh I like that, seems balanced. if hammered down with the regular hammer and rebuilt will it refresh? or do you need to bust it with the special hammer and make a new one with the key?

Seems like stealing would be good for rushing, and the bank would have no downside almost for stealing straight away.

Stealing is broken. get the executive hammer and tear down the second pig city, and you'll have enough materials to last you years. and then you can build banks, steal everything, tear down the bank, and earn thousands of oincs while also farming for a Krampus sack because stealing gives naughtiness.

That's exactly what I was thinking for what to do at first.

What are the fastest/easiest treasures to rush for the Key and Gavel? Hamlet is taking me a bit to get used to, and it's been a year since I played this much so my kiting is bad ontop of it.

I'm trying to find a decent gameplan to match my playstyle.

6 hours ago, Fozzlebub said:

What are the fastest/easiest treasures to rush for the Key and Gavel? Hamlet is taking me a bit to get used to, and it's been a year since I played this much so my kiting is bad ontop of it.

I'm find a decent gameplan to match my playstyle.

I usually just kill a hippo and Platapine to make a horn which summons the Roc, she'll take you to her island which you'll get a scepter from, I give this to the Queen for the Key.

On ‎01‎-‎04‎-‎2019 at 4:52 AM, S19TealPenguin said:

All Hamlet Pig Houses/Shops need to be hammered with the Executive Gavel, no other way (Unless Deconstruction staff works?).

If you want, you can always steal the Centapiece Oinc from the bank, and use Tenpiece Oincs until you can build a new one.

last time i tried using deconstruction staff on a hamlet pig house, i just got the materials, and the house was reduced to a pile of materials (the one's you can hammer to rebuild the house).

sadly, i couldnt deconstruct the palace.

but you can deconstruct lamps in the shops, if you want a shop without lamps.

10 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

a bit of shameless sellf promotion for the whistle method

Mutual beneficence so it's all good haha. I wasn't too clear on how fighting Platapines works so that helps seeing em drawn to the shore.

11 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

a bit of shameless sellf promotion for the whistle method

HHHnnnnngggg... Maybe one day it's water wading animation will be fixed.
Perhaps it'll even do damage, like a cactus  or Bramble would upon getting hit.

1 hour ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

Why do you get out to fight the Platypines? You can literally just stunlock them with any weapon, regardless of whether you're on water or land.

ik dude... didnt wanna risk to get hit. the raft is very squishy

34 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

ik dude... didnt wanna risk to get hit. the raft is very squishy

Well in trying to drag it to land to not get hit you did end up getting hit a few times. Stunlocking it on water is completely safe with any weapon other than fists; it literally cannot break stunlock.

14 minutes ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

Well in trying to drag it to land to not get hit you did end up getting hit a few times. Stunlocking it on water is completely safe with any weapon other than fists; it literally cannot break stunlock.

Dude chill, ik all that OK? .. Don't overanalyze one little detail that's completely irrelevant to either the method or OP. 

Ty :)

2 hours ago, Angel_Octoling said:

HHHnnnnngggg... Maybe one day it's water wading animation will be fixed.
Perhaps it'll even do damage, like a cactus  or Bramble would upon getting hit.

If you get hit by big waves your raft does get damaged tho.. 

2 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

If you get hit by big waves your raft does get damaged tho.. 

I meant the player hitting it.
It's animation shows it's spines sticking out, and it even shoots some out but you don't take damage from it.
Also, Platapines don't make big waves.

On 2019/4/1 at 1:18 PM, Fozzlebub said:

I'm trying to find a decent gameplan to match my playstyle.

Starting plan is pretty normal for everyone:
1st-3rd day: Find food on floor, some straws and stings, pick flints for pickaxe, find cave cleft for golds, then science thing -> backpack and hammer.
3rd-6th day: going into ruins, find relics for money, and some red and blue gems for your neetle farm. Then go to your first pig city (should be found before 3rd day when you mapping), sell relics for the house, basic home building, go out to collect neetles.
To simplify it: make a pith hat before 10th day (cloth can be found on your starting balloon, just hammer it), make sure your neetle farm is ready before like 18th day. Then your whole hamlet life is done, it's really hard to die now. (remember making a meet effigy just in case).

Archived