Why Is Chlorine Multiplying Around Cool Steam Vent

Just now, nakomaru said:

@goatt, sorry, I looked more and it's creating the vacuum even when it's just turning into liquid. If you want to avoid matter conversion around a cool steam geyser, I'd recommend making all of the surroundings vacuum for now.

That sucks very much for me..

4 minutes ago, Oozinator said:

That sucks very much for me..

I had a hard time eliminating chlorine. I really really want it gone, because it has super low thermal conductivity, buildings in it constantly overheat. If I use debugging mode to delete chlorine, will it affect my current saving file? @nakomaru

As far as I know, no needs to be "too cold". My cool slush geyser is enclosed, cooled by a polutted water tank at 70°, just above. Hydrogen was manually added to the closed room, to help the refreshing effect, others gases were vent out. My geyser kept overpressurizing, even the hydrogen income was cut. I vent the surplus out, from 5kg to 2kg, then few cycles after it comes back to 5kg hydrogen. I agree that is the run for conflicting vacuum between gases mentionned by @nakomaru

I personnaly let a pump just under the neutronium which extract extra-hydrogen when exceeding 2kg/tile.

EDIT : and now I can even say that I'm exploiting this bug, which was bothering me earlier, as hydrogen surplus is vent out to my hydrogen generator :)

@nakomaru Your suggested setup crossed my mind first, but I feel cold pipe in vacuum is thermal cooling resource that will rarely get to used and will go to waste since about 75% of the time, it is vacuum.

@OxCD thanks for looking into my file all you guys. I was a bit too lazy to make the perfect setup. I'm trying to play the game casually, watching my dupes chilling, but apparently the game won't go easy on me. This is painful.I think I'll come up with something.

@goatt I agree with you, for me the full vacuum waste a bit the cooling effect.

You can keep your pipes and make a loop to allow the liquid to go out only when a precise t° is reached. Vacuum or not, moreover. 

Or your can use a tank like me, with tungsten metal tiles above the vent and insulated tiles around. Full of polluted water into, comes at 25°, and the pump inside eject the pH2O when the tank t° exceed 70°. Straight to my pincha.

Having a single gas into the geyser room make the cooling effect more powerful, but then you have to deal with the surplus. You can also try like me, with hydrogen only, or you can do with o2, and use it for your dups.

Just think about the pump location. Don't put it above the vent, otherwise depending of the gases movement when eruption is happening, it can start pumping, then it will pump some steam, then the steam will turn into water at the first pipe segment and break your system ^^ I've experienced it, and tried different settings for the atmo sensor, but nop. Keeps failing. So I moved the pump just below the neutronium. The steam deal with the tank upper & the 70° hydrogen, and didn't have time to expand below the vent base.

Work like a charm, no issue anymore.

@OxCD @nakomaru I will probably delete all the chlorine and leave CO2, but build a carbon skimmer there for further CO2 multiplying. Maybe I'll use a bridge to create a loop to exchange heat between vacuum part and water below, so I only have to cool the water below. Well maybe I'll move pipes around. I'm not in game so I'm not sure what I will come up with.

7 hours ago, OxCD said:

EDIT : and now I can even say that I'm exploiting this bug, which was bothering me earlier, as hydrogen surplus is vent out to my hydrogen generator :)

YES!!!!! It's a win for exploit marketing.  This bug affects us all, or at least anyone who doesn't vacuum out their cool steam geysers (so basically anyone who needs water beyond the main base.... let see that's EVERYONE who plays beyond the beginning - or I guess those who instantly focus on building a water duplicator).  

7 hours ago, goatt said:

I was a bit too lazy to make the perfect setup. I'm trying to play the game casually, watching my dupes chilling, but apparently the game won't go easy on me. This is painful.I think I'll come up with something.

The quote above is perfect.  I wonder how many others have felt this pain because of matter conversion. 

7 hours ago, OxCD said:

I vent the surplus out, from 5kg to 2kg, then few cycles after it comes back to 5kg hydrogen.

I encountered this as well quite a while ago.  I was completely confused. Now I know exactly why it happens, and how to mass produce it. It's one of the infinity bugs. Thanks @SamLogan for sharing the link above. 

If you want a great laugh, and love the "Marvel Avengers" series, please click on the link below and give @Sasza22 some love. 

Interesting. I have been running this setup for hundreds of cycles now and the hydrogen mass in the chamber has never changed.

image.thumb.png.38f36cc0de329bde4ec68157fbd435f4.png

5 hours ago, nonoxyl said:

Interesting. I have been running this setup for hundreds of cycles now and the hydrogen mass in the chamber has never changed.

You appropriately built to avoid the bug without knowing it. Is that the meaning of "you got lucky."

I can create unlimited CO2 by creating and ice maker that is cold enough to freeze and thaw the CO2 and it's insanely fast.

I created the ice maker in a area I didn't have reason to visit after it worked, when I accidentally returned a few cycles later the CO2 was 10K+ pressure all over the place. (The ice maker wasn't air tight, so the GAS had access to most of the world.)

It was most likely just dupe CO2 breath that started the snowball rolling.

I've no reason to investigate the future, my goal has to be avoid the effect, but it seems to simple that it can most likely be done with most stuff that doesn't change what it is during transition.

Archived