Stone road turf should be 2nd to most dominant.

Turfs (2)

This image was taken off the wiki and it shows turf by dominance order Wooden turf is the most dominant while deciduous turf is the least (dominance means what turf's cover each other and what turfs are put underneath each other)

But why is that? Wouldn't make more sense if Stone road turf was alot higher on this list? It's a road after all. i wouldn't see why wood/marble would cover it

Stone road turf should also be higher cause its makes it more worth making. Having a more refined road that takes as much space as 2 cobble stone roads next to each other is a really nice aesthetic.

What do you think? Should stone road turf dominance be pushed higher?

19 minutes ago, sinisterrkid said:

I agree but I'm also confused by the image. Is it really in order? Beefalo Carpet is definitely more dominant then marble and snake rug, as can even be seen in the picture itself.

Same !

The layout of this image is admittedly a bit confusing. You start at the top with Beard Hair Rug, then move to the left. Then you go down a row and move from the left to the right, go down another row and move from the right to the left again, and so on. So carpets actually have the highest priority.

3 hours ago, Mueck said:

You start at the top with Beard Hair Rug, then move to the left. Then you go down a row and move from the left to the right, go down another row and move from the right to the left again, and so on.

Instructions still unclear.

3 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:

From my understanding:

Untitled.png.b6afba59461e3bef2cb8ca65ab6c47fa.png

start from Beard Rug (highest) then follow that pattern down to the lowest.

im gonna have to make changes too my thread because i thought it was left to right not right to left

Sorry for off-topic:

1 hour ago, Rellimarual said:

Anyone whose ever tried to lay down carpet in the deciduous can tell you that deciduous dominates carpeting.

Initially, when I read your comment, I thought: "Of course, they're right". The Turfs page has recently been edited by someone from the Reddit community to add the Hamlet turfs, but I hadn't yet verified the dominance order list that was reworked by them.

But now I tested ingame, and actually this time, the wiki is correct. Maybe the dominance order for Beefalo Carpet and Deciduous Turf is just different in DST? Or this has been changed with the introduction of Hamlet?

Spoiler

5c93e15c99a6f_WilbasCarpet.png.1feb9ddaffc93664809c3f5bc708ac39.png

So pretty though, I love deciduous turf <3 Just wish we could also transplant the Hamlet red desert one, it's beautiful :<

I have never noticed carpets being overturfed by other things in DST, but I haven't played that enough. Does anyone have a quick screenshot of that? It must look rather silly.

2 hours ago, Ellilea said:

So pretty though, I love deciduous turf <3 Just wish we could also transplant the Hamlet red desert one, it's beautiful :<

I have never noticed carpets being overturfed by other things in DST, but I haven't played that enough. Does anyone have a quick screenshot of that? It must look rather silly.

If you get one of the carpeted set pieces in deciduous in DST, it looks pretty ragged.

I propose:

Wooden < Marble < Lawn < Stone Road < Snakeskin < Carpet < Beard Rug.

Lawn, Stone Road and the 3 carpets all have unique visuals at the edges, so it stands to reason that they'd have the highest priorities to ensure that these edge visuals are not concealed by "normal" turfs.

At the same time, I think it makes sense for Stone Road to be below the 3 carpets in priority, since, well, carpets do tend to be on top of the road in real life...

Archived