I Thought Shove Vole Was Cute Hanging Around Space

53 minutes ago, chemie said:

I use sand box to delete them when I see them.  They just break things by pooping randomly on stuff.  Annoying and not useful.

I just kill them while I clear the space biome and cook their eggs into tasty, tasty omelettes. If I ever need them back, I'll wait for the printing pod.

Starting a new base this update, I keep seeing them as an option to print them from the printer. Always so tempted to print these cute things until I remember how annoyingly difficult to manage these buggers can be (for an early game base) and then I just select the 'Reject all' button.

2 hours ago, Grimgaw said:

They can't jump over two tiles and don't go into water. I just build an 'island' and put them there along with dreco

Such cruelty! I assume you drop excess drecko eggs there, let them hatch, shear whatever you can, then let them die of starvation?

4 minutes ago, Xyer said:

Such cruelty! I assume you drop excess drecko eggs there, let them hatch, shear whatever you can, then let them die of starvation?

It would work exactly like you described if I'd bother ranching them (I just collected all wild eggs from my map there).

47 minutes ago, Grimgaw said:

It would work exactly like you described if I'd bother ranching them (I just collected all wild eggs from my map there).

I am in the same boat in my current colony. Feels like you get so many eggs of the printing pod, I just don't bother with ranching at all. I got six times the "eight Pacus" in 500 cycles. I mean I am not complaining but maybe a bit too much. 

3 hours ago, Grimgaw said:

They can't jump over two tiles and don't go into water. I just build an 'island' and put them there along with drecos.

Reveal hidden contents

20190306083111_1.thumb.jpg.1eede6714e1624ba7294034519ac6aad.jpg

Will this grow into infinite amount of geckoes? and game lag? just curious

1 minute ago, goatt said:

Will this grow into infinite amount of geckoes? and game lag? just curious

Wild creatures only drop one egg in their life time, so the number remains constant. If you'd put tamed drecko in there, they'll starve before laying an egg.

2 minutes ago, Grimgaw said:

Wild creatures only drop one egg in their life time, so the number remains constant. If you'd put tamed drecko in there, they'll starve before laying an egg.

tamed drecko lays "tamed" eggs, which will hatch "tamed" baby dreckos, which are tamed, but won't starve since they've never been groomed, I think. And they will also lay one egg their entire life, so you end up having all those drecko living on the island generations after generations, until infinite amount drecko, I guess.

1 minute ago, tzionut said:

I accept only once 8 pacus. Then instant regret it. You need a pond next to your printing pod to catch them and deliver to the storage area...

Cook sushimi

18 minutes ago, tzionut said:

I accept only once 8 pacus. Then instant regret it.

I accept them always. Push (T) and drag a box around Printing Pod for free 8 meat.

17 minutes ago, goatt said:

tamed drecko lays "tamed" eggs, which will hatch "tamed" baby dreckos, which are tamed, but won't starve since they've never been groomed, I think.

Spoiler

da.jpg.ef31c2ab6d62e9d082365fbd148a8fa8.jpg

db.jpg.84d56acf5fbe7921d0ed2c0e05da9d3b.jpg

This is ungroomed drecko still in stable with food (If you never feed them they start with 9000kcal and for 5 first cycles use less calories than adults).

As you can see it's going to starve way before it can lay an egg.

2 hours ago, Grimgaw said:

This is ungroomed drecko still in stable with food (If you never feed them they start with 9000kcal and for 5 first cycles use less calories than adults).

As you can see it's going to starve way before it can lay an egg.

They will appear to be hungry and live on i think

3 hours ago, tzionut said:

I accept only once 8 pacus

I did same thinking I will cook the meat took my eye off them to take care of a stuck dup and they disappeared.  I didn't find them for a few cycles, three floors down and half a screen over they managed to find my fresh water pool.  I ended up leaving them and just using them for egg shells.  

21 minutes ago, goatt said:

so they actually gave you that warning?

Yes, I get often with my name Pufts

6 hours ago, Denisetwin said:

Yes, I get often with my name Pufts

I was talking bout drecko. And I used to starve some pufts for the entire length of life, and they are fine. (If I groom them once, they would die.)

On ‎06‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 12:47 PM, Mullematsch said:

I am in the same boat in my current colony. Feels like you get so many eggs of the printing pod, I just don't bother with ranching at all. I got six times the "eight Pacus" in 500 cycles. I mean I am not complaining but maybe a bit too much. 

My current game I've had this one a bunch as well, and even managed to move them into my very large fish tank.

Archived