We need 4kW wire

It would be cool to have more but it needs more advanced resources. How about wires out of metal and plastic (insulated wires) for 4kW. Then top tier superconductive wires out of thermium and super insulator for 10kW.

All that after we find a way to make the construction menu less cluttered with wire and bridge types.

17 minutes ago, K_Lark said:

I would be happy if the heavy transformer had 2 outputs so at least its capacity made sense. 

I think that would be nice.  Because the reason we have the 4k transformer is pure legacy.  The original transformer gave 1 kJ every 4 seconds, resulting in a net 4 kW transformer.  But I think that it should either be made 2 kW or be given two outputs.

1 hour ago, K_Lark said:

I would be happy if the heavy transformer had 2 outputs so at least its capacity made sense. 

I want to have ability using as less wires as possible. 4kW instead of 2 resolve this problem perfectly. We need some kind of tier 3 upgrades for electric technologies.

1 hour ago, FollowStrong said:

I want to have ability using as less wires as possible. 4kW instead of 2 resolve this problem perfectly. We need some kind of tier 3 upgrades for electric technologies.

Or... you could just use the 20kW wires.

If it's "otherasteoridy" tech (basically, outer belts of space materials), I wouldn't mind ultraconductive wires. Until then it's a bad idea. There is a reason, why w.wat and normal wat wire is a separate thing. For some time we didn't have even 2k wires :T

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 7:00 PM, Sasza22 said:

It would be cool to have more but it needs more advanced resources. How about wires out of metal and plastic (insulated wires) for 4kW. Then top tier superconductive wires out of thermium and super insulator for 10kW.

All that after we find a way to make the construction menu less cluttered with wire and bridge types.

Actually the whole system with various wire types is not very flexible. Would have been much better to have only two types: normal/single material wire and Heavy/Insulated one. And then vary kW based on materials (standard cable from raw metals 1kw, standard cable from refined metals give more, then steel... not realistic, but still better). Would solve both cluttering and flexibility.

Just now, SharraShimada said:

Its not getting right, when you repeat it over and over. Please leran the difference of the wires (for example in terms of decor-value). Until then, please stop from spreading BS.

I know the difference. The point is that the OP has the tools to carry 4kW on a line, and yet claims they don't.

4 hours ago, FollowStrong said:

We need 4kW to make electric schemes look more beautiful. Every room in my colony has a door and I don't want to destroy beauty of my walls with Heavi-Watt Joint Plate.

20190225152646_1.jpg

Then use transformers, like everyone else.

And maybe build maintenance tunnels.

59 minutes ago, Yunru said:

Then use transformers, like everyone else.

And maybe build maintenance tunnels.

I still need 40kW wire. Normal ore 1kW, refined metal 2kW. Normal ore 20kW and refined metal also 20kW? Does not add up!

Heavy-watt normal vs conductive is a bug; Go file it in the correct forum.

Back on topic, we've already got four different sizes of wire, between normal/conductive and normal/heavy. What does it add to the game to have such fine-grained control over different wire sizes? Metals are much more plentiful in this game than real life, so there's not much point trying to save a small amount of metal.

Archived