Solar Panels- Should I bother?

I'm trying solar panels for the first time, but I've run into the issue of regolith build up. For some reason, it doesn't just pile up on top of the bunker tiles, so my idea of a tiered system so robominers could dig away the regolith on top of the bunker doors doesn't work. Is it even worth trying? 

8 hours ago, jwa1776 said:

I'm trying solar panels for the first time, but I've run into the issue of regolith build up. For some reason, it doesn't just pile up on top of the bunker tiles, so my idea of a tiered system so robominers could dig away the regolith on top of the bunker doors doesn't work. Is it even worth trying? 

It's a big investment to set it up but once I got about 16 bunker doors worth of solar up with some battery banks for down periods it covered 100% of all my power needs. Check out this tutorial video if you want to give solar a go.

8 hours ago, The Plum Gate said:

If you have an over abundance of shine bugs, you can run the solar panels somewhere in the base. Just needs a critter lure.

5c6ba7f38adb3_20190203003811_1(2).thumb.jpg.767716f1c03ee6f3213b66fdb8ac64d9.jpg

There's around 90 bugs in this mess - both panels, full output all the time.

Just to clarify, this is an open ranch with a lure right?

Archived