Why humans griefing?

When i beginned play dst i always wondered why humans are griefers, what they are and what they eats, or who is eating them? Until got kicked because i play bit better then another players who was on server in that moment, i wanted to tell nobs but i want keep that tittle for my self because i am nob yes i realy am. BUT sadly game don't starve together is full with narcisizm possesed entities why buying tons of skins and thinking how good they are, but when reality strikes in they behavior goes out of limits, they don't like when some poor guy from potato land plays this animated game bit better.abc.thumb.jpg.c89200c22cc261b6c913adaad14ce76d.jpg

This is from Klei public server and sorry about image quality! 

Okay i will not goo ruins, im bored from making camps or settling in with another players, i will just pick Wickerbotom and zap another players with lightning or tentacles or whatever else, happy now? Dont bother about nick i can just change profile izi pizi and take your little desperate efforts in sneak. So lets party! 

? So basically your answer is some people just can't deal with frustration of something upsetting happening without resorting to destructive activity, using yourself as example?

How you deal with frustration in normal DS, without people around?

It's OK, we used to people, like you. We don't really care.

24 minutes ago, Bleksmits said:

abc.thumb.jpg.c89200c22cc261b6c913adaad14ce76d.jpg

You're wondering why they kicked you?

Maybe clue lies with the "what is this Woodie's use other than taking from base and clearing ruins" part?!

Seems you took resources from chaps' base/camp to do your mojo, aka ruins-rush. That's pretty obviously another form of leeching. Also in your print-screen it looks to me you looted someone's corpse. Thus plenty of reasons to be kicked if I'm not mistaken and something is amiss.

PS: if this is another manure post like the ones popping recently 'cause boring people get bored but feel the need to interact... pls do yourself a service and make better use of yours and ours free time with something of true value beside LEL/REEE/YOLO SWAG childishness. Cheers!

16 minutes ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

Maybe clue lies with the "what is this Woodie's use other than taking from base and clearing ruins" part?!

taked one pig skin form them and made shadow manipulator for them, was about to leave server and leave my loot for them + my body for bone shareds, ruins did with log suits and battle spears only after ruin fund they "base" 

26 minutes ago, avilmask said:

How you deal with frustration in normal DS, without people around?

ds is only game when i lose i starting again with joy from exploring new world and thinking about new tactics. In some shooters yes i feel angry.

5 minutes ago, Bleksmits said:

taked one pig skin form them and made shadow manipulator for them, was about to leave server and leave my loot for them + my body for bone shareds, ruins did with log suits and battle spears only after ruin fund they "base"

Why so worked up about that then? Misunderstanding/miscommunication happens. At this point, they lost something, not you. "Looting corpse" is an easy thing to misunderstand, to be fair. Probably just wrong phrasing or something?

6 minutes ago, Bleksmits said:

Then best thing to do for yourself and community at large is to ..just move on. Be part of the solution, not of more problems - and we do have a lot of griefing problems. Acknowledge to yourself online environments are pretty hectic and full of incorrectness without a heavy heart about it. If you can't then maybe stay out of pubs and only play with trusty friends?!

Never ecountered people praised by skin they wear, never ecountered an 'Edgy Rick' person, but met Russians, met beginners who were claiming resources from others, met Webbers planting a spider egg at the portal and met half-hearted Wicker players who eventually stopped being communicative and 'productive' and gave a gift in form of spawning tentacles inside the base before leaving. It's human nature. I won't question about it anymore. If I got bored with something I do something else, otherwise I am happy to play games (or something else) after a day of work and doing household stuff. Maybe people cannot appreciate enjoyable things if they don't know what to do with their time? My advice: Bleksmits should stop for a while.

Maybe that you could try working more along the other players than going solo in Ruins? It's always easier to enjoy another player's presence when he/she is nearby than when said player is somewhere far doing who knows what. 

Also, looting corpses isn't really well-seen generally, so avoid picking in other's stuff when they die. The only exception is when the deceased player give you their permission, be it for helping them carry it back to base or to carry on for your team's sake.

5 hours ago, axxel said:

Never ecountered people praised by skin they wear, never ecountered an 'Edgy Rick' person, but met Russians, met beginners who were claiming resources from others, met Webbers planting a spider egg at the portal and met half-hearted Wicker players who eventually stopped being communicative and 'productive' and gave a gift in form of spawning tentacles inside the base before leaving. It's human nature. I won't question about it anymore. If I got bored with something I do something else, otherwise I am happy to play games (or something else) after a day of work and doing household stuff. Maybe people cannot appreciate enjoyable things if they don't know what to do with their time? 

Same experience, also:

-Wilsons hammering and Willows burning stuff in the base for "lulz".

-Wendys and Maxwells claiming a whole piece of the world as "my base, get out of here".

-Wolfgang eating ALL the food literally, then spend time making nothing but run in circles around the base just to eat ALL the food again.

-WX-78s making the same stuff as Wolfgangs but with the gears (and destroying the ice boxes and fligos)

-Woodies planting trees INSIDE the base, making hard the access to stuff like Alchemy Engine.

-Wes's and Winonas spamming the chat with insults or nonsense, then destroy and burns things as the Wilsons ans Willows.

-Wigfrids killing ALL the catcoons, pigs and beefalos until extintion.

14 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Catcoons only respawn 9 times per den. As far as I'm aware, that was never changed in DST.

It was changed in DST. After 9 catcoon deaths, the empty hollow stump will start regenerating (I don't know the exact math behind it, but it should take 15-40 days,) and then it'll be able to spawn 9 more catcoons.

47 minutes ago, Field Field said:

Only one of these mobs (beefalo) can go extinct unless the Wigfrid is also actively hammering down houses/dens.

Hammering or Burning houses/dens = No more mobs.

This thread is about trolls and griefers, not normal gameplay.

23 minutes ago, Field Field said:

It was changed in DST. After 9 catcoon deaths, the empty hollow stump will start regenerating (I don't know the exact math behind it, but it should take 15-40 days,) and then it'll be able to spawn 9 more catcoons.

Yes. I used to be terrified of hunting my catcoons to extinction until I realized our team wigfrid was killing them constantly and they kept respawning. I was quite relieved. I tested it out privately just to make certain, and yes, stumps do regenerate.

As long as we're discussing catcoons, the restock delay is the longest of:

• the length of the season before spring (or spring if it's the only season)
  • the days until the next season plus the length of the current season, if it's not spring
  • the days until the end of spring, if it's currently spring

In practical terms, that means they'll come back near the end of the next season, or the middle of the season after next if winter's long, or just the end of spring if winter's short and you wiped them out at the start of spring, or at spring-length intervals in an only-spring server.

As for the server, sounds like it should have been marked Social if they didn't want solo players off doing their own thing.  Oh well, no big, find another server to ruins rush.  If in doubt, ask before soloing or looting walrus tusks from corpses next time (sounds like they got a mutual kill with MacTusk).

Okay, so...as regards the beginning of this thread...I started off thinking it was the original poster complaining about people being griefers TO them, then it seems later on they're upset and confused about why other people would kick them out after they themselves WERE a griefer to others, and it's so badly Google-translated that I can't understand even HALF of it due to incredibly strange grammar...

...and now we're talking about catcoons.

Okay then!

...Notorious

Archived