Clowny's art that really only consists of wes

hello this is another edition of "Sydney posts their non-don't starve art to their don't starve art thread for kicks"
Weston_idea_sheet.png
I was given a nugget of wisdom by some friends that if you can't stop drawing a specific character over and over again, it's a good idea to take some design aspects from that character, and use them to make a new oc. You just need to make sure you aren't directly copying  the character for the sake of keeping the character independent from the original inspiration.  if you draw inspiration from other sources, that can help with the overall design as well.  

This character's name is Weston. He works as a lifeguard on the beach near the dock    and all the little houses and cottages. His mother wanted him to get a summer job, and he'd already taken swimming lessons before, so he picked it since it was the first job he could find that he was well qualified for.  He does photography on the side with a really old, crappy camera that belonged to his aunt before him. Weston is a calico cat, and he's,,, somewhere in his late teens, idk. prolly 17 or something like that. 

uuuuhhhhh full ref coming,,, when i feel like making it. 
fish_cake.png
this one's literally just some insignificant fish i drew at 2am lmao. 

yea thats all i got. enjoy my weird furry art ig 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Clownyshush said:

life hack: if you ever feel like garbage about your art, look at your first drawing, then look at your most recent.

That is true, some people just look at drawings done by great artists who practise years do achieve what they have, and becouse of that they starting to get harsh on their art becouse it looks "bad", they should notice how much they improved with every drawing they did and in the future they will to become artists as great as those they looked up to. I like how they are people who encourage eachother.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2020 at 2:39 PM, Clownyshush said:

life hack: if you ever feel like garbage about your art, look at your first drawing, then look at your most recent. here's my first! it's frickin hideous! eugh

One think I like to do is redraw old pieces/designs in my current art style. Maybe you can try it out ^_^

43 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

One think I like to do is redraw old pieces/designs in my current art style. Maybe you can try it out ^_^

i love doing that! i should probably do another one soon!

danganronpa 2 is kinda like fortnite in a way and i think about that a lot
image.thumb.png.40bee3d0f6ccd5127aed22161f3c0494.png

hey forums dont merge my replies wtf

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, Clownyshush said:

i love doing that! i should probably do another one soon!

It's so much fun! Here's one of mine from late 2019:

Spoiler

ddg3guy-c18dfe27-b385-496a-a3fb-b0ce85f4

Deviantart link in signature.

You can probably edit the design itself as well, along with some anatomy tips and art techniques you've learnt along the way.

• Like 1

oops I'm not dead yet im just. deep in the danganronpa pit right now
HES_BACK_AND_HES_GAY.png
au wes time, in true spirit of this blog. also, my art style is sort of looping back to how it used to look, which is kinda scary, ngl.  specifically the nose and eyes have a similar look, but with much more polish. it be throwback Thursday my dudes
pengull_wessy.png

it has also just occurred to me that this thread is already over a year old so uhhhhhh happy thread birthday

• Like 7

Wow omg I really like your style!! Your brush feels almost chaorcal-ish in the lates wes piece, which is lovely, and I also loved how you handled the shapes on ur outifit drawings /7\

15 hours ago, Clownyshush said:

oops I'm not dead yet im just. deep in the danganronpa pit right now
HES_BACK_AND_HES_GAY.png
au wes time, in true spirit of this blog. also, my art style is sort of looping back to how it used to look, which is kinda scary, ngl.  specifically the nose and eyes have a similar look, but with much more polish. it be throwback Thursday my dudes
pengull_wessy.png

it has also just occurred to me that this thread is already over a year old so uhhhhhh happy thread birthday

On 16/12/2019 at 11:33 AM, Clownyshush said:

i did a clothing challenge meme thing with the help of some folks on discord. i drew charlie and wx.
good_luck_charlie.png
the one thing i regret about charlie is how wonky her legs look.
soda_city_funk.png
i kinda gave up halfway hgjkhgjh

Edited by 7Meias

HI UH I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD AND IM SORRY THAT I HAVEN'T BEEN MAKING ART  FOR DS SINCE I'VE BEEN INTO DANGANRONPA LATELY BUT UH

IS WES MENTALLY OK????

SOME SNIPPETS FROM THE "UPDATE"  INCLUDE:
"Resolved conflicts in Wes's internal dialogue"
"Adjusted sense of reality to include that which inherently cannot be understood"
"Replaced sense of existential dread with acceptance of the innevitable"

IS HE ALRIGHT???? SIR DO YOU. SIR DO YOU NEED TO SEE A THERAPIST???

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1