We need a air-conditioner

I realy think we need this, how boring in this game to manage the temperature, radiant pipe everywhere, just to cool the base down, this is ugly and very boring to do. I think we need a research 'air conditioner' like RIMWORLD, that cool a room X TILES for x degree you wan't, exemple i set it to 21 C, and we are fine, and we pipe the gas out somewhere.

5 minutes ago, harmonium said:

I realy think we need this, how boring in this game to manage the temperature, radiant pipe everywhere, just to cool the base down, this is ugly and very boring to do. I think we need a research 'air conditioner' like RIMWORLD, that cool a room X TILES for x degree you wan't, exemple i set it to 21 C, and we are fine, and we pipe the gas out somewhere.

I thought a thermoregulator was exactly that. It's even under heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) research.

Just now, Saturnus said:

What are you talking about?

i am talking about science, we can manage the temperature by only few thing.

Pipe with cold water + radiant pipe everywhere is the best way to do it.

The other need take oxygen somewhere, cool it down, and send it to the base. All of those option are boring and not realist at all.

You should see my base, with pipe for the toilet, bathroom, and other thing.

And the radiant pipe for cool my base, my farm and etc. This is ugly and very boring to do.

8 minutes ago, harmonium said:

No the same air conditioner i use in real life would be nice, thanks.

And that device uses magic? I am asking because mine is using air or at least some form of humidity (water).

In Soviet Russia air conditions you.

3 minutes ago, blash365 said:

And that device uses magic? I am asking because mine is using air or at least some form of humidity (water).

Mine is on my wall, and send the air to the outside, easy. I Don't need to pipe all my home to an oxygen room to send him oxygen, cool it down and send it back to my home, and then send the hot outside with another pipe. Easy like i said. Check rimworld, you put it on wall (like a tiles here), and that work good, one side = hot, other side = cool. Easy, work fine, happy.

6 minutes ago, harmonium said:

Mine is on my wall, and send the air to the outside, easy. I Don't need to pipe all my home to an oxygen room to send him oxygen, send cool it down and send it back to my home, and then send the hot outside with another pipe. Easy like i said. Check rimworld, you put it on wall (like a tiles here), and that work good, one side = hot, other side = cool. Easy, work fine, happy.

I am seriously doubting that you are a real human being and not just some answer bot, that mixes random words together. I will give it one last try.

Imagine this setup:

X (your room)

v (a vent inside room X)

||

|| (long pipe)

||

Air Conditioner

(that's a building existing in ONI and it is placed "outside" (whereever that might be))

The result will be: The air conditioner will cool air for energy and will heat up itself (and the "outside" around it). It will then pipe all the cold air into your room where it will mix with the existing air creating colder air than before.

This seem (almost) like the desired outcome of your scenario. All you need is some way to prevent your room from overpressuring. I will leave that piece of the puzzle for you to figure out (hint: there is a device in ONI that will solve this problem)

I am maybe a robot but still, this is easy to use an air conditioner you have it at home, that will never HEAT UP like you said, that cool the air from the Inside, and send the HEAT OUTSIDE. This is how that work, this is not magic at all. And we Don't have that on ONI.

Seriously check rimworld, very easy to understand what i mean since the start.

air-conditioner.png

Thermoregulator + insulated wall + pipes

There, done. No need for a clunky building that does what thermoregulator does, except worse and in a very specific way.

Just now, harmonium said:

that Don't work good at all. You need take oxygen from somewhere, cool it down, send it back, and you need to place it somewhere far from your base, or that will be useless.

If you had an air conditioner behind a non-insulated wall IRL, you'd be wasting power the same way as here.

Git gud

10 minutes ago, harmonium said:

I am maybe a robot but still, this is easy to use an air conditioner you have it at home, that will never HEAT UP like you said, that cool the air from the Inside, and send the HEAT OUTSIDE. This is how that work, this is not magic at all. And we Don't have that on ONI

Depends, if you isolate your base from where-ever you put your AC unit - you can use isolation tiles. Your home AC only works because your house is isolated well.

In your home-AC, if it's a wall-mount, then there is a box on top of your roof, a very big box, that looks a lot like the AC unit in this game. The principle is the same. The box on the top of your roof heats up and dumps its heat in the air around it. The thing that hangs on your wall is a glorified ventilator, which actually does pump refrigerant all the way up to the roof and back to your wall-mount. The wall-mount then dumps cold air in the room you're looking for.

So the in-game AC goes 'on the roof' (aka. outside your base) and there needs to be piping from there to the room you want to cool (the vent will be your wall-mount air box).

Yes, they're expensive to run - so are real-world AC's.

Just now, harmonium said:

that Don't work good at all. You need take oxygen from somewhere, cool it down, send it back, and you need to place it somewhere far from your base, or that will be useless.

There are some fundamental differences between the real world and ONI. In ONI "air" meaning oxygen is constantly being deleted by the dupes so you need a constant supply of oxygen. This has to be created somewhere. On the way from where the oxygen is created to where it need to be consumed you can place a thermoregulator that transfers the heat extracted from the oxygen to itself which in turn heat the air around it up. There is no fundamental differences between your AC unit and a thermoregulator. It does the same basic job.

Ok so i do a small building with insulated wall, then i build the air conditioner on it, then i take the oxygen from another room with lot of oxygen difuser on this room ? Because i will pump them all the time. And then cool it down and send it everywhere on my base ?

Archived