We need a air-conditioner

Btw i am back at rimworld, far better game for manage everything, sorry but its true, this game is nice but some "easy stuff" are so complex and are illogic. You can make a spaceship, but can't manage the temperature in any easy way ?

1 minute ago, leoroy said:

Well... you complained because it is ugly to put radiant pipes or liquid pipes all over your base, while the easiest solution is to directly cool your oxygen :/

You didn't answer how do it "early"

And why its "MORE EASY" ?

Challenge me

1480747392-picsart-12-03-07-22-54.jpg

2 minutes ago, harmonium said:

Btw i am back at rimworld, far better game for manage everything, sorry but its true, this game is nice but some "easy stuff" are so complex and are illogic. You can make a spaceship, but can't manage the temperature in any easy way ?

You didn't answer how do it "early"

And why its "MORE EASY" ?

Challenge me

1480747392-picsart-12-03-07-22-54.jpg

I edited my last post, you can check it. Early solution? Wheez... just like I did, it was setup cycle 50 I think. You really want air-conditionning like real world? Well. put a pump in your base, pump air to thermo, send back air. (Not really efficient I must admit)

Just now, harmonium said:

cycle 50 is not early :?

Like you said this is not efficient, and this is bad… go try rimworld and you will see how easy you can manage the temperature. One air conditioner + a radiator, you are good.

Cycle 50 is early, before that you don't even need cooling. (can someone here tell me cycle 50 is not early?) I don't know how rimwolrd is made, but I know that the AC system I described is what AC does in real life. Suck air, cool air, send air back. It's not efficient in ONI because your base is pretty huge (and in real-life too it's not efficient if you room is huge) and because the oxygen you're inserting in the system is already too hot.

1 minute ago, leoroy said:

Cycle 50 is early, before that you don't even need cooling. (can someone here tell me cycle 50 is not early?) I don't know how rimwolrd is made, but I know that the AC system I described is what AC does in real life. Suck air, cool air, send air back. It's not efficient in ONI because your base is pretty huge (and in real-life too it's not efficient if you room is huge) and because the oxygen you're inserting in the system is already too hot.

You need cooling for food

18 minutes ago, harmonium said:

Yeah better say other player are bad, than be creative and add good thing to the game.

Sure i cool it with magic right ? You need to manage the oxygen, a room for stock it, then pump it, send it to the regulator, then send it back in every room of the base. And you need to put the regulator not in your base, and you need insulator wall… so much thing to do, pipe are better, less work, less problem.

Magic? No. That's called air conditioning. Which is available. In the game. Is your skull that thick? Nothing goes in, but **** seeps out?

o.o what about it?  Too low?  Too high?  insufficient data to draw conclusions other than generic displeasure

28 minutes ago, harmonium said:

Good stuff but cycle 235 

3622-full.jpg

the aquatuners were installed and running by cycle 40, hence the pipe spagetti in the area above them, their original power station. 
image.png.0b78914c792e2215eee9727c8b23bfe2.png

2 tuners used in series is a controlled 28c drop, this guarantees 12c water sent throughout the base providing constant cooling anywhere water is needed.
Such as in the gardens
image.png.85b3f737b4ec61189819ed71063c43ee.png

cycle 40 to present with no hiccups stutters or failures as long as you can keep the pwater flowing

image.thumb.png.c94e1fab5cdc9b99817afa148975a301.png
image.thumb.png.ec08cd11ed09de1aa8c7cbee3d62cc48.png

feeding it half geyser water at 70c and half seive water at 15c, O2 coming out 35c while still inside the electrolosys chamber

Trolling aside, I think the way the hydrofan works could be changed to make it not entirely useless. Remove its need for manual operation and make it work like a swamp cooler. Since ONI does not model humidity, just have it delete water & heat proportional to the temp of the water and the air.

Exploiting large heat deletion could be avoided by making them not work if placed within x tiles of each other like how space scanners are. This way you could just plop a few around your base and they would passively keep your base at a comfortable temperature without having to worry about wheezes overcooling or messing with complicated heat exchanger setups. The downside being that they consume water.

@Kabrute like i said nice stuff, but this is complex.

@blash365 I am playing it right now, i'm doing fine for the moment ! Some bandit trying to raid me, but now they are dead :D

@pacovf Yeah i have try explain the best i can, i like rimworld temperature manage, which is simple and very good, i would like the same in ONI, i play for fun, i am not an Engineer.

But well people think i am a troll, but i am not a troll at all, i just Don't like the temperature management in ONI, and i was taking rimworld as an example.

58 minutes ago, pacovf said:

I don’t think harmonium is stating his case well, but I don’t think that deserves the level of scorn some people here are throwing at him.

You make an excellent point. And if not stating his case well was why people were throwing scorn, this point might actually matter; however, in this unfortunate case the real reason hasn't been stated. The reason is simply because he has been rude several times, that's all. He's clearly made up his mind that his way is best, but that it sucks and Klei should make it easier.

2 hours ago, harmonium said:

Good stuff but cycle 235 

3622-full.jpg

^rude and shortsighted... this was a response to an obviously advanced build, but the tools are available as soon as you make the effort to unlock them.

4 hours ago, harmonium said:

yes i have ignore him don't worry 

1496491923-jesusperplex2.png

^this is hilarious... not.

5 hours ago, harmonium said:

You have no argument since the start, better ignore you i guess.

1494619651-larryhome-2.png

^speaks for itself

5 hours ago, harmonium said:

Yeah better say other player are bad, than be creative and add good thing to the game.

Sure i cool it with magic right ? You need to manage the oxygen, a room for stock it, then pump it, send it to the regulator, then send it back in every room of the base. And you need to put the regulator not in your base, and you need insulator wall… so much thing to do, pipe are better, less work, less problem.

^this?

Anyway... it seems pretty clear to me why he's being targetted. He's been rude to pretty much everyone who has tried to help.

Archived