Don't Starve Update Trailer - A Winter's Tale

JoeW

Just dropped to say I hope that the chance to drop the Morsel from Birds will be increased. You could even see during the patch preview how often you just get feathers. It was better before they changed it (always morsel + sometimes feather). Please Kevin and Klei take it into consideration.

Just dropped to say I hope that the chance to drop the Morsel from Birds will be increased. You could even see during the patch preview how often you just get feathers. It was better before they changed it (always morsel + sometimes feather). Please Kevin and Klei take it into consideration.

This was already mentioned somewhere - now there is a chance of morsel OR feather, not both. It was easier before, now it's kinda less easy to farm birds for feathers.

Yeah I'm getting more Feathers than I used to, but Birds became less reliable food resource. Maybe it is intended for the Winter - it would be pretty easy to build a few Boomerangs and just chill at the base (pun intended) and kill some Birds dropping by (another one, yay).

Yeah I'm getting more Feathers than I used to, but Birds became less reliable food resource. Maybe it is intended for the Winter - it would be pretty easy to build a few Boomerangs and just chill at the base (pun intended) and kill some Birds dropping by (another one, yay).

Basically the reason why the feather/morsel ratio was introduced I bet.

Forgot to mention the second thing that irritates me like nothing else:Monster Meat + Twigs + Twigs + TwigsSuper cheap food source that is pretty easy to get after you build a Crockpot, even in a hostile environment. Gives Health, Hunger and Sanity points from basically two inedible materials. I mean, seriously?

Would have been better to do something about the silly bird spawn instead. =/

you mean the tallbird respawn? I don't use it so I can't say much about it.

Forgot to mention the second thing that irritates me like nothing else:Monster Meat + Twigs + Twigs + TwigsSuper cheap food source that is pretty easy to get after you build a Crockpot, even in a hostile environment. Gives Health, Hunger and Sanity points from basically two inedible materials. I mean, seriously?

That won't give you much of anything, and with the winter update food is gonna be nerfed even more so I doubt it'll be a problem anymore.

No I mean the crows and redbirds being all over the place, easily farmable with boomerangs.I think they should again drop a feather AND a morsel, but make them spawn less frequently (unless wearing the feather hat or using seeds) and evade the boomerang when flung too far away. Want to catch birds? Use the traps and seeds (and even then, the spawn should be toned down).

You can easily gather hundreds of twigs, because they don't spoil, they are not edible.Monster Meat is plenty even in winter.Kabobs made of Monster Meat and 3 Twigs are considered healthy food. Come on...

^This Its even worse you can cook 1 berry and 3 twigs and get jam, and its the same like jam from 4 berries.

I hope its made so that using twigs in the crackpot would reduce the quality of the food compared to using more ingrediences. But now im really looking forward to winter, can anyone tell me how many hours its left before the patch is live?

twigs used in crockpot already make the food have berely any value at all. It's edible but that's it.

I'm sad people still keep on commenting on multiplayer.

Aye, it is like they Don't Get-it! I reckon playing any particular game together with a friend is immensely fun in most situations. But what is this obsession about forcing MP down onto everything. Its like those ketchup addicts who are unable to enjoy any kind of meal without plastering it with ketchup.

Aye, it is like they Don't Get-it! I reckon playing any particular game together with a friend is immensely fun in most situations. But what is this obsession about forcing MP down onto everything. Its like those ketchup addicts who are unable to enjoy any kind of meal without plastering it with ketchup.

The point is that people don't bother to look up information before posting their questions. In their mind they're probably the first people who ever posted a suggestion for multiplayer.