Which DLC do you prefer?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. I had to put a title here.

• Shipwrecked
    • Hamlet

Personally, I'm more of a SW person, just because it's more polished (I'm looking at you floating roc), and doesn't make my game crash on opening. I also prefer the explorative and slightly fantastical gameplay, where you'll go on grand adventures across the seven seas to slay some beast. It's not that Hamlet doesn't have this, I just prefer the ocean-spanning quests to spelunking. Also, in Hamlet you can't climb a active volcano infested with dragon monsters.

I love them both equally tbh..
While SW has Volcano, Hamlet has Ruins..

6 hours ago, Raspberry Milk said:

and doesn't make my game crash on opening.

I'm sorry that this happened to you, tho its never happens to me..
Perhaps because some of your mods?

On 14/12/2018 at 8:22 PM, Raspberry Milk said:

It's exactly the same in both the DLCS, and you can cross oceans in SW incredibly fast with good sails and a walking cane.

Hamlet not require much prep, and is more fun early game. SW is boring when you sail across sea for hour with slow boat until you find new island. Hamlet has small river instead to balance out at least. Can't get top speed boost stuff until much later. Even max speed WX boring to play SW because long water distance, really hate it.

3 minutes ago, Charsis said:

Hamlet not require much prep, and is more fun early game

Which is exactly one of its issues. In regular DS and even more in SW, the first season is you constantly scrambling to get everything you need to do done. In hamlet you need a hat and a sprinkler. Also, I personally find exploring in SW quite fun.

Archived