Three OP things in Hamlet

Warbucks is meant to be an easy character for Hamlet so one could focus on adventure rather than fighting nightmares. 
Berries are meant to be an early leg up in the game - considering the weather and mobs one deals with. 

Instead of nerfing Warbucks, add in mobs and areas with sanity penalties.  
Instead of nerfing berries {again!}, have more items and more shops so accrued oincs don't spread as far. 

4 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

wickerbottom can craft infinite ball pein hammers

How?

10 hours ago, TurtleKitty said:

Warbucks is meant to be an easy character for Hamlet so one could focus on adventure rather than fighting nightmares. 
Berries are meant to be an early leg up in the game - considering the weather and mobs one deals with. 

Instead of nerfing Warbucks, add in mobs and areas with sanity penalties.  
Instead of nerfing berries {again!}, have more items and more shops so accrued oincs don't spread as far.

Or:

Instead of nerfing Warbucks, keep him with the original intent of letting players focus on adventure rather than fighting nightmares.  no need to add in mobs and areas with sanity penalties, leaving those of us who want adventure with nothing.  The "kill me now" people can at least give the rest of us just one bloody character for adventure, can't they?  I worry they can't.  

On 12/12/2018 at 11:32 AM, ucw said:

The "kill me now" people can at least give the rest of us just one bloody character for adventure, can't they?  I worry they can't.  

Wilba and Wilson also act as that from my gameplay. I think the trailer got her right.Since I don't play wolfgang or wigfrid, I can't say.

Shrug. I think there are a lot of exploits in the game that make it really easy if you know what you're doing.

Dragonpie farms make food and healing both completely trivial, and in Hamlet they don't even stop growing during part of the year.

Abigail is the sleeper hit of DS, honestly. There's so much insane stuff you can do with her that makes the game so much easier, to the point where when playing Wendy I sometimes feel like the game just stops when Abigail dies just because of how incredibly useful she is.

Warbucks feels like a mod character, to me. His perks are ridiculously strong and trivial to use (Getting oincs isn't hard to the point where I find it totally reasonable to just dump hundreds of them on decorating shanties <3) and he comes with no real downside. Getting a crockpot isn't that hard and after you get one there's no real reason to eat uncrocked food anyways, plus the early game sanity loss is handily mitigated by the initial abundance of flowers before you've picked them en masse. He's kind of boring and doesn't really change your playstyle in any meaningful way like Wendy, Wickerbottom, WX, Webber, etc. do. So I won't personally play him even if he is strong.

The berries thing is a little silly, in my opinion. They really do give way too many oincs for how easy they are to get. It's weird to me that they give *twice* as many oincs as feathers, an arguably more difficult to obtain resource, do. 

I can't really complain about the hat because honestly by the time you can kill the Bandit it just makes obtaining some resources a bit easier, it's not really going to make or break you either way. 

...Besides, the game is meant to be difficult. It was advertised as "An Uncompromising Wilderness Survival Game" from it's onset, and Hamlet is supposed to be even more difficult than the base game. I don't think it's unfair to want the devs to patch out exploits that allow you to trivialize the main aspect of the game.

Even from back then before they were nerfed they were never OP, Warbucks sanity is just one thing and hes overall a pretty bad/boring character.

Swashy hat gets useless after 1st-2nd year

And theres way better ways  to get oincs then just berries (pre and post nerf)

8 hours ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

WX existing doesn't mean nothing else can be OP.

Comparatively WX is FAR more overpowered than Warbucks in almost every single way, you can damn near just live inside the ruins and only come out once a week to get a couple quick shocks and maybe buy a bit of food from a store you can literally place JUST outside the ruins entrance, using the THOUSANDS of oincs you earned from the free sanity drop on the nightmare fuel/end's well combo.  Complaining about Warbucks being too powerful when you can play WX is ridiculous.

You're complaining that bicycles are too fast and ignoring that we have motorcycles that will do 200mph.

Archived