Who do you Have Great Synergy With?

This is basically about the great partnerships you have with your characters.  For me, I like to play DST with: Willow occasionally, Wolfgang, Wickerbottom, and Webber.

Great synastry: Wendy and Wigfrid are usually candidates for great synergy with every character I pick.  I don't know what it is, but we generally click well together.  Especially me and Wigfrid when I have Wickerbottom/Wolfgang or me and Wendy when I have Webber.  Funny thing is, I hate playing as Wigfrid or Wendy, so I guess they make up for what I lack or they fill a void.

Hit or Miss: Wilson and Wolfgang.  My theory with Wilson is that there are generally new players/expert players picking him.  This means that a Wilson will either be great or not know what to do.  I do well with Wolfgang unless I play as Wolfgang or Webber.  You can't have two Wolfgang, it causes jealousy and resentment at worst, and a huge chunk of food at best.  I generally don't hunt a lot of meat with Webber, so that synergy is shot.

Neutral: WX-78, Wickerbottom, Wes, and Maxwell.  They never really stand out to me.

Poor: Willow (unless I'm playing as Willow ironically, then we have GREAT synergy).  If they aren't griefers, then they are generally pretty rude and tend to take things without asking.  I don't know what it is with this character, but she has a lot of those.  Woodie has bad synergy with me, though it can soften some with Wolfgang.  I also don't get along with Webbers.  No matter who I play as, they never fail to annoy me.  They can be trolls with their spider nest.  They can be unreliable people who are all over the place and scattered.  Another thing is that they don't use their gifts; they don't make a razor to shave their beard, they horde their spider nest, etc.

12 minutes ago, LuxuryHeart said:

Neutral: WX-78, Wickerbottom, Wes, and Maxwell.  They never really stand out to me.

Something isn't right here...

Spoiler

What do you mean Wes doesn't stand out.

99% of players who pick Wes are veterans. :)

Webber on his own. Funny thing is, whilst the stereotype/meme of webbers searching for the main base is constantly joked about and very prevalent in the "newbie" webbers, an experienced webber will very easily know that a webber by himself/with other webbers can outclass a number of characters, as spiders generate food, health, and (some) sanity from their drops. And, on top of that, should one find a high concentration of spiders (i.e: spider quarry) early on, a webber can produce 20+ monster meat a night from day one.  

I think Wolfgang and Wickerbottom have amazing synergy because Wicker can give him all the food he wants, but Wickerbottom is amazing with everyone.  She does a lot, very well - it's why she's top tier.  Wolfgang is also top tier because he can fight better than anyone, it's not even a contest.  If you're joining a world and you aren't picking wicker or wolfgang, you're probably going to be a pain to everyone from sub-par character performance.

Who matches with me?  Wes, and solo play...  idk, I feel I can't play Wes with other people - all of the disadvantages of being Wes just push that work onto other people.  I never play Wes in multiplayer - I pick wicker or wolfgang.

Webber is great in pub games because you don't need to know where the base is.  You just explore until you find a few nests close together, add yours to the mix, and get them upgraded to tier 2-3 immediately.  Free food and health forever lol.  After you get it going that far, farm up nests until you can take some underground and move into the ruins.  Webber is the best at playing a multiplayer game alone.

As always, it depends on the players.

But lately I find myself playing Wicker almost all of the times; and do so with a friend going as Wig. I build bases and provide fillers, friend gets materials and meats. But when ice is available (with fridge that being kinda all year-round), bushes and farms can go pretty quickly sideways. And living 90% of time in caves one can just go for mushrooms Pierogi-wise. Also 2 other friends lapidary yoloed in as Wendy, and Webber respectively, providing a lot of glands, silks and meats. So, yeah, as efficiency goes for myself as Wicker, great synergy is with Wig, Wendy and Webber. Regarding Wolf, the people I played with ate more than bringing benefits to base as a whole. Maxes and Woodies tend to die from their cons even if they can be goodish gatherers. WX-78 can benefit more from Wick than vice-versa (again that's from my personal experience, not generalizing; provided it can tank bountifully if upgraded and/or overcharged), while Wilson .. "dish filler" with a beard. Willows use tend to limits at making Bernies for rest of us while Wes... that chap is just superfluous (granted "pros" can manage it well, the "hard mode" of it, but when summing it all still doesn't matter compared to the rest; also, in servers I played, came across just 2 good Wes players... that also died in the end - one by bees, granted lag played its part, one from tallbirds).

49 minutes ago, xxVERSUSxy said:

...while Wes... that chap is just superfluous (granted "pros" can manage it well, the "hard mode" of it, but when summing it all still doesn't matter compared to the rest; also, in servers I played, came across just 2 good Wes players... that also died in the end - one by bees, granted lag played its part, one from tallbirds).

I think Wes is best for the "alone" sort of adventures, as in multiplayer everyone else just ends up picking up the slack.  I know he's supposed to be "hard mode" but in a team game it effects everyone, not just that player...  I wonder if he couldn't use a bit of a tuning.  Maybe take away his damage nerf and give him some other penalty so he doesn't slow down the team dps, especially considering the super high hp values in DST put him much further behind than he was in DS.

1 hour ago, DelroyBM said:

I used to play as Willow, Wigfrid and Wilson and hated Wes.

One day I gave the mime a chance.

Got used to him, now he's my main, haven't used another character in months.

South or west...

Wes is best. <3

Now do Warly 

all the nerfs 

and go my disciple and spread mine love

Wickerbottom because of her ability to make books that are extremly useful when you are alone and the ability to craft a few stuff early.

I have been thinking on plaing as wilson and use consol commands to spawn the books because I want to have the option to sleep during the nights but that's not possible with wickerbottom. D:

Something I like about synergies is that some characters do go very well and get an advantage out of working with other-selves, such as Wendy's getting fresh burgers having more Abigails to tank things and even deal quite a punch (in numbers) to some bosses or Wolfgangs being able to dispatch all fights faster. Maxwells will quickly provide themselves all the wood-stone-gold resources they can possibly dream of, but in contrast an all-Maxwell team may die out of a stiff breeze.

Other characters, despite of intuitively looking like they will do wonders when there is more than one, do not perform better: A single Wickerbottom will usually be enough for a whole team and more Wickerbottoms won't provide more food, tentacles, or Krampii since book related resources are usually team shared. The same applies to Webbers, they will share the neutrality advantage of being able to live among spiders, but one spider farmer is enough to cover the needs, and more Webbers will not provide any significant team advantage.

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 1:19 PM, Shosuko said:

I think Wes is best for the "alone" sort of adventures, as in multiplayer everyone else just ends up picking up the slack.  I know he's supposed to be "hard mode" but in a team game it effects everyone, not just that player...  I wonder if he couldn't use a bit of a tuning.  Maybe take away his damage nerf and give him some other penalty so he doesn't slow down the team dps, especially considering the super high hp values in DST put him much further behind than he was in DS.

eh, wess makes up for his flaws with his control of his sanity. wes could easly farm the nightmare fuel needed to make wolfang nice gear. (and to a further extend, he can farm beard hair for revives)

for a dueo

Maxwell and wes.

wes farms nightmare fuel, monster meat, and beard hair from insanity, Maxwell farms resources.........

I will admit this would take a pair of more experienced players, but it could still be very effective if taken by the right players.

On 5/29/2017 at 0:14 PM, xxVERSUSxy said:

As always, it depends on the players.

But lately I find myself playing Wicker almost all of the times; and do so with a friend going as Wig. I build bases and provide fillers, friend gets materials and meats. But when ice is available (with fridge that being kinda all year-round), bushes and farms can go pretty quickly sideways. And living 90% of time in caves one can just go for mushrooms Pierogi-wise. Also 2 other friends lapidary yoloed in as Wendy, and Webber respectively, providing a lot of glands, silks and meats. So, yeah, as efficiency goes for myself as Wicker, great synergy is with Wig, Wendy and Webber. Regarding Wolf, the people I played with ate more than bringing benefits to base as a whole. Maxes and Woodies tend to die from their cons even if they can be goodish gatherers. WX-78 can benefit more from Wick than vice-versa (again that's from my personal experience, not generalizing; provided it can tank bountifully if upgraded and/or overcharged), while Wilson .. "dish filler" with a beard. Willows use tend to limits at making Bernies for rest of us while Wes... that chap is just superfluous (granted "pros" can manage it well, the "hard mode" of it, but when summing it all still doesn't matter compared to the rest; also, in servers I played, came across just 2 good Wes players... that also died in the end - one by bees, granted lag played its part, one from tallbirds).

That's super funny actually.  I have the best synergy with Wigfrid when I have Wickerbottom.  I think it's because they generally hunt for meat, and I personally do hunt for meat much.  I prefer picking mushrooms, carrots, and berries, so we balance it each other out.  Wickerbottom in general is a great character for farming while Wigfrid is great for getting meat.  Meat and veggies make a great combo meal.  I have great synergy with Wendy while playing as Wickerbottom, though more so when I play as Webber.  I generally don't like Webbers.  Sorry, but many of them annoy me and irritate me.  

I can deal with Wolfs pretty well, but not when there are 2 or more.  You can't have that many gluttons in the base.  

I don't generally mind Maxwell since they don't mess things up or get killed.  Though Woodies infuriate me because they spawn a bunch of tree guards, and they end up dying quite a bit.

On 5/29/2017 at 10:52 AM, Shosuko said:

I think Wolfgang and Wickerbottom have amazing synergy because Wicker can give him all the food he wants, but Wickerbottom is amazing with everyone.  She does a lot, very well - it's why she's top tier.  Wolfgang is also top tier because he can fight better than anyone, it's not even a contest.  If you're joining a world and you aren't picking wicker or wolfgang, you're probably going to be a pain to everyone from sub-par character performance.

Who matches with me?  Wes, and solo play...  idk, I feel I can't play Wes with other people - all of the disadvantages of being Wes just push that work onto other people.  I never play Wes in multiplayer - I pick wicker or wolfgang.

Webber is great in pub games because you don't need to know where the base is.  You just explore until you find a few nests close together, add yours to the mix, and get them upgraded to tier 2-3 immediately.  Free food and health forever lol.  After you get it going that far, farm up nests until you can take some underground and move into the ruins.  Webber is the best at playing a multiplayer game alone.

I wouldn't say she's amazing with everyone.  She's very good with a plethora of people and is a very well rounded character for teamwork, though I generally don't work well with Woodie when I have her.  Woodies do best with Wolfgang from my experience.

Also, I don't agree with this.  The best thing a person can do is pick Wigfrid or Wendy in my opinion.  Then again, I pick characters that play off of them.  Point is, everyone is a match for someone.  Even Woodie can be a great match for someone, I just don't play as that character.  lol.

I actually don't know...  Most of the characters I main (Willow, Wickerbottom, Wolfgang, and Webber) generally make for a neutral Wes.  I really don't know how he would match with...

Archived