What's the most frustrating thing you see people frequently do?

On 08/04/2017 at 2:46 AM, Wusscake said:

Mine is seeing people asking "Where's base" the instant they join.  As far as I'm concerned, if they are so dependent they need to know where your base is right off the bat, they'll just leech off of you.

If i join in day +10 i gather basic stuff (some grass and twig) and ask politely for base so i can help better. Of course i gather stuff before asking and on my way so i bring some things, but i feel more useful this way.

On 10/04/2017 at 9:46 PM, Sinister_Fang said:

I think bee boxes also fall into the same issue as drying racks. Extremely useful, but it's effects aren't really obvious to new players.

Also, dangerous in spring. So you have to put them close to the camp but not too close, so i understand why people don't dare building them.

I didn't find jerky especially useful before when playing solo DST or wilderness DST with friend, but in a public server with ghost, another source of sanity is good to take.

On 08/04/2017 at 4:52 AM, JohnWatson said:

Picking flowers.

I pick flower when insane and need emergency sanity if there is no green/blue mushroom available (wicker can't sleep), but i try to let at least 6 of them, this way later i put some bees for them to plant new flowers.

Base leechers: lad/lass that comes in base, eats from fridge like's no tomorrow (granted, sometimes there really isn't), gets a hole lot of items from chests for personal use, leaves. Comes later with Tam O' and Cane, just poses there/brags with his/hers "big feat of strength", doesn't bring anything back and has the nerve to say "I haz tusks, wanna trade?" - then goes back at the chests/fridges and takes even more items, noting put in return.

Should I even continue with the base burner debacle? Oh, the joy of repeated pyro trolls/griefers joining your server!

PS: what is this craze with "no picking flowers"? In all my random/dedicated survival server encounters almost no one did anything with butterflies/flowers beside picking them for garlands. And if lack of flowers is a problem for you, free 3-4 (now homeless) bees in desired area and voila! flower-pup-up-madness ensues! On one of my servers a friend freed 2 bees in our swamp base and now the damn marsh looks as menacing as a big-eyed puppy-dog (one with extremely sharp teeth mind you if counting the tentacles in there).

1 hour ago, xxVERSUSxy said:

PS: what is this craze with "no picking flowers"? In all my random/dedicated survival server encounters almost no one did anything with butterflies/flowers beside picking them for garlands. And if lack of flowers are a problem for you, free 3-4 (now homeless) bees in desired area and voila! flower-pup-up-madness ensues! On one of my servers a friend freed 2 bees in our swamp base and now the damn marsh looks as menacing as a big-eyed puppy-dog (one with extremely sharp teeth mind you if counting the tentacles in there).

Butterflies are a pretty nice and relatively easy to get source of food and health when traveling around the world (at any stage of the game, but they are best in the early game when you are just starting to explore the map.

People picking all of the flowers for garlands gets rid of that easy to get resource and some would say you are just better off killing off some spiders for some Top Hats if you want sanity regeneration. Also you can use those butterflies to make more flowers as well if you catch them with a bug net.

1. I pick flowers away from spawn and mostly near the mass bee area. Dont tell me to not pick them because i will pick 40 early game. You wanna farm butterflies , do yourself a favour and plant 20 flowers to farm those , doesnt take more than a day. The thing is most people who keeps whining about not picking flowers never ever farms butterflies , atleast in public servers.

2. If you want gears ask and take. Atleast be courteous to leave 4 gears for 2 ice-flingo for base.I do not want to tumbleweed for gears .If i play WX and has to leave i die to gv gears to other players.But it would be too much to ask i guess.

3. You wanna play safe ,your choice. Just leave base on day 30 when everyone is asking you to.

4. Please dont eat jerky. There's a tent to be used for ur health/sanity needs.When you have taken the pain of making drying racks and drying meats every day , it can be frustrating to not be able to get even 1 jerky when needed :"(

5. Please stop storing stuff in random chests when i have taken the pain of drawing on every chest. Not hard to store them where u took them from right guys?

6. Please dont hoard items in your inventory .Only take what's needed. Not everyone is good at farming nightmare fuel , if i am saving up for the magic thing. Please dont take it just to hoard.

7. Please dont drop ur unwanted tools at base. Atleast drop them on the sides of the  base and drop all at one location. Why do you wanna live in a untidy base?

8. It can also be frustrating if you build random stuff at random places at base or makes fist full of jams.But it's ok as there are new players but i request if you are new ,dont hesitate to ask. There maybe a few D-Bags like in this forums posts who are annoyed at too much chat but there are a lot of people who would be very happy to share whatever they know with you , maybe wrong at times ,but atleast you will learn something new and playing game with interacting with other players is fun rather than just being dumb and playing on your own in Dont Starve "Together".

EDIT : Opps , Forgot the most frustrating thing. Everything i stated above is bearable by me but what i cant bear is people regenerating world. If you see a player above day 5 , please dont regenerate the guy has spent over 40 mins playing.It doesn't matter if it happens to me or someone else. I see it all the time. I join a server on day 15 with one player on 15 and rest just recently joined and vote to regenerate. Please dont .why you wanna make that 15 day guy sad if you think you cant prepare youself for winter is 5 days just leave and join other server. How would you feel if it happened to you.

Please Do what you would expect others to do for you. If someone new joins and whether or not he asks for a flint please gv the poor soul a couple of flints if you can spare ,wouldnt you want it if you just joined the game?

5 hours ago, Silxer said:

Butterflies are a pretty nice and relatively easy to get source of food and health when traveling around the world (at any stage of the game, but they are best in the early game when you are just starting to explore the map.

People picking all of the flowers for garlands gets rid of that easy to get resource and some would say you are just better off killing off some spiders for some Top Hats if you want sanity regeneration. Also you can use those butterflies to make more flowers as well if you catch them with a bug net.

I know the theory, but from what I've seen in random dedicated vanilla survival servers (the ones that I play), almost no one uses the butterflies - mostly because they don't know when and how to smack them or don't wanna bother with doing so (this is my case - I have no patience or will to follow butterflies and wait till they land, flutter around in one place, or to outmaneuver them). Indeed the 8 HP provided are good (the almost 10 food value not so much as I can easily pick carrots that deliver 12.5 hunger), but in early stages I mostly don't fight (so most of them pubs players) so that is not a problem for me; and later, when I already have crock pot, an easy trail mix fixes everything at low cost. Plus, again: I've seen so rarely people in public servers bothering with butterflies in early stages that all above debacle is kinda superfluous.

7 hours ago, xxVERSUSxy said:

Base leechers: lad/lass that comes in base, eats from fridge like's no tomorrow (granted, sometimes there really isn't), gets a hole lot of items from chests for personal use, leaves. Comes later with Tam O' and Cane, just poses there/brags with his/hers "big feat of strength", doesn't bring anything back and has the nerve to say "I haz tusks, wanna trade?" - then goes back at the chests/fridges and takes even more items, noting put in return.

Or a variant of leechers you mentioned.

They go to the base, eat everything and takes everything like there is no tommorow... and then they do nothing...

They literally just sit in base and continue to eat / take stuff like there is no tommorow.

Then at one point you return to base (that was earlier flooded with tons of food and useful stuff) and you can't belive your eyes, cos it's now empty - not counting some rot and a single pine cone.

5 hours ago, Silens said:

EDIT : Opps , Forgot the most frustrating thing. Everything i stated above is bearable by me but what i cant bear is people regenerating world. If you see a player above day 5 , please dont regenerate the guy has spent over 40 mins playing.It doesn't matter if it happens to me or someone else. I see it all the time. I join a server on day 15 with one player on 15 and rest just recently joined and vote to regenerate. Please dont .why you wanna make that 15 day guy sad if you think you cant prepare youself for winter is 5 days just leave and join other server. How would you feel if it happened to you.

Please Do what you would expect others to do for you. If someone new joins and whether or not he asks for a flint please gv the poor soul a couple of flints if you can spare ,wouldnt you want it if you just joined the game?

This is something wierd actually. 

Regenerating the world (Or rollback) should  be available, thanks to the hotfix, only to those who survived 20+ days, or to the oldest player in the game if nobody has reached that amount. But oddly,if there are only 2 players online, you can't start a rollback vote.

What happened to me when playing online was that a griefer came to our server, my friend went in panic and left the game, once the job was done the griefer just left. I was  the only player left online, and the player with most days survived, but yet i could not rollback because i was alone, and since everything was lost i just wanted to regenerate the world, but i couldn't do that either. My friend joined again, he had calmed down, but we still couldn't rollback.

If i am alone and i want to regenerate the world i can just suicide and my job would be accomplished anyway. No need for me to wait 120 seconds Klei.

If i am alone and i want to rollback, why can't I? A griefer can destroy everything even if the server has only one player left. The rollback feature should be available 24/7 for the oldest player online, and only those with a certain amount of days survived should be able to click "yes" or "no" to the rollback

The new kick/rollback/regeneration rules are surely better, but something really doesn't feel right.

EDIT: forgot to say what i hate the most.. It has to be untidy players. I hate stuff being left on the ground randomly!

Two things:

One: people who (especially randoms) ask me to share resources. I gathered the resources, not you, get your own.

Two: people who get angry at me for picking flowers. Seriously. Just because I picked one flower for a quick pop of sanity, doesn't mean "Muh butterflies" will stop spawning. Besides, I don't need said "muh butterflies" for hp because of Webber being capable of mass-producing spider glands and healing salves at a daily basis.

- Someone joining in, and asks, where's base.

- Someone Building a Base next to your base because: "I can help if something happens", but it's on the place where you wanted to keep beefalos

- Servers with 1000 of mods

2 hours ago, Chaos2 said:

One: people who (especially randoms) ask me to share resources. I gathered the resources, not you, get your own.

This doesn't really apply when it's day 3 and one guy in the server has already picked and chopped literally everything in the server and hoards it in their own base in the middle of nowhere.

On 4/7/2017 at 10:35 PM, Ressayez said:

Here's a few things that peeve me:

- People asking for me to give directions or trying to give me directions. I utilize the "Q" and "E" keys, meaning my west/left isn't your west/left. I'd be happy to equip a compass, but nobody ever seems to remember ANR added the function of being able to see your friends on the map to the compass.

I can relate SO much, pretty much the FIRST thing I do in a new game is turn the camera to get a better look at the peripherals, and to position myself better. I always make MY up the direction I have been going, so if I am travelling Southwest, the direction of up to me is toward your southwest. Well, not yours, because we're both in the, like, two percent of people who turn our cameras. One of the tricks I've learned is to either remember the biome types around the portal, and their positions, or remember the positions of everything in camp, to set everything North.

What's really peeving about this, though, is not always the directions, but when you accidentally put something somewhere in the base that's BEHIND the alchemy machine/research lab/a wall/a tree, and no one else can find it.

OKAY BUT I HAVE TO ADMIT THAT I HAVE USED THIS TECHNIQUE TO HIDE THINGS AND HOARD THINGS AND ACT ALL INNOCENT LIKE "OH THE WATERMELON HAT? OH, THE WALKING CANE? I DIDN'T KNOW YOU COULDN'T SEE THOSE!"

Those are purely examples but are based off of some very real things that I wouldn't hoard.

On 4/8/2017 at 8:29 AM, CaptainChaotica said:

Seriously though, I think the real problem is with people who play those characters _badly_.

I play Woodie. He doesn't get enough credit. Half the time I don't think people can even tell that I use the triumphant skin.

1. Public randoms thinking it's funny to torch other people's bases. Or eating all their food just because. Like, why?

2. Admins who boss people around because "it's my (your) server", and who aren't emotionally-intelligent enough to handle words, by themselves or other people. <-- If you are this, please consider not being an admin. Their role is to moderate for griefers and whatnot and be courteous if they want to encourage niceness be "be courteous" to. I've seen a Wilson or Webber (not a easy-farmer class I remember) or something that toiled day and night away from the comforts of the base to deep in the caves, far out in the cold to mine ice, and brought home tons of rare goodies that one would not normally find. He dropped the goodies on the checkered floor for those who wanted it and filled the fridge with fillers. The next thing you know, the admin basically called him or her a moron for not putting those things in chests. And it was a small thing, but I don't know if the player really had it that day or had a tough week, and I didn't expect it because he helped me around silently, but this player LOST it.

I can see a point in both sides, but after calling out the admin (albeit quite colourfully in his language, which didn't look good), I assume the admin couldn't HANDLE THE TRUTH (movie reference) aaaaand he got kicked. No one was on his side because the crew he built the base with was not there and his meltdown didn't help him. He came back, farmed some more, resupplied the base a bit more, gave me everything good he owned, and left forever. It was sad. He was such a team player, silently helping, fed me when I was hungry, saved me with his lantern when I was going to die to Darkness, and GAVE me a lantern.... Ah well. So yea. It's a shame to see people project their own ego when being in a position where it's the most damaging. BE NICE FIRST if you expect that in return. You'll never know the genuinely good players out there you're missing out.

So yea, if you're out there, you're my spirit animal and I hope you've piped down from that ball of hot air you've been holding in lol.

3. I know I'm repeating myself at this point, but if you keep bossing people around thinking "this way is the best way so you must do this way cuz it's my way and did I forget to mention my way is the best way which is the RIGHT way??" when it comes to playstyle, you need to check your ego.

4. Character mods. Most of them don't fit. Maybe that's just me fanboying over Klei.

5. When they follow me around for longer time than normal, it kinda peeves me. It's going to be either 1. Griefer or 2. Leech. Maybe that's my paranoia speaking.

6. If you don't want your server to be public, DON'T make it public, not kicking folks who innocently enter. Simple, no?

7. Nobody ever plays Willow or Woodie. I WANNA SEE WILLOW OR WOODIE IN MAH GAMES!! Come on, folks! Play them!

8. "Gimme this, gimme that", and after giving them those items, they logout. Like......why?

14 hours ago, Barholomeow said:

I play Woodie. He doesn't get enough credit. Half the time I don't think people can even tell that I use the triumphant skin.

Most people don't care about skins anyway. You can come in handing a Hallowed Light as GOH wendy with a Letterman Jacket, a Rooslet bouncing behind you and a Bowler Hat on and literally no one will comment about it.

On 4/7/2017 at 11:51 PM, PanAzej said:

Oh, also people that message me when I've just started playing a game. Yeah, you know, it's cool and all, but there's a reason I've just launched this game. That Steam popup "<default> has started playing X" isn't an invitation to talk.

Agreed. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't mean I don't like anyone but if you see that little message...yeah. 

Webber mains that join a base in the pig village and then destroy all the pig houses because they don't want to fight them. Ugh. If you're going to play Webber, please don't do this. Pig houses are expensive, especially in the early game.

"Expert" server owners that think turning pumpkins into meatballs is the best use of food, and will kick anyone who eats raw/fire-cooked foods

"where is base?" or "we need a base!!" on day 4

Players that steal my crockpot foods when I'm on 10 hunger

Elitist players who are actually good at the game but will nag you endlessly about all your shortcomings

Furry/Anime mods. Bonus points if the character walks at the speed of sound and has passive nightvision.

On 4/22/2017 at 6:42 PM, Lorienzo said:

7. Nobody ever plays Willow or Woodie. I WANNA SEE WILLOW OR WOODIE IN MAH GAMES!! Come on, folks! Play them!

I play Woodie! Lots! Like, pretty much only Woodie!

And I have his triumphant skin!

On 4/23/2017 at 2:59 PM, FloomRide said:

Bonus points if the character walks at the speed of sound and has passive nightvision.

That's just WX-78 when charged...

Honestly I really, really hate WX-78, and I know I'll get a lot of hate for that, but it is what it is

2 hours ago, Barholomeow said:

That's just WX-78 when charged...

Honestly I really, really hate WX-78, and I know I'll get a lot of hate for that, but it is what it is

i do hate wx too

Spoiler

but only those who doesn't praise me as their lord of lightning stay at camp (even sleep) while charged

1 hour ago, brbrmensch said:

i do hate wx too

Hide contents

but only those who DON'T* praise me as their lord of lightning stay at camp (even sleep) while charged

So, I assume you're the lightning lord because of Wickerbottom's "End is Nigh"?

Archived