I use "roleplay interpretation" to play

Hello everyone, when i play dont starve, I like to play using the personality of the character I choose, but what this means? 

I usualy play as wx-78, and this is what normaly happens: I end up being hated by people that doesnt undertand what Im doing, sometimes some people call me troll too, but in the end of the day, I always have a lot of fun and make one or two friends that get the joke

Best diologues list:

"aleatory player dies" 
me: death, a natural human mistake

"entering the game" 
me: hello fragile bone and flesh humans

"when people talk a lot in the chat"
me: I hate all of you, except this webber (refering to my frined, that always plays as webber), do you know why? because he is not human 

"exiting the game"
me: im leaving now to plan the world destructuion, bye fleshlings
me again: you are lucky that im leaving, your lives may be spared

"when someone trash talks me"
me: I would be sad if i could feel something

"when someone does not want to share or help another player"
me: egoism and ignorance, natural humans comportment 

What do you think about it? Did you see someone making these too? Was funny? Am I wrong? My sistem says no, because im not human.

PS: Im not an english robot, my translate sisten is out of date

Picture of me relaxing before killing all humans and conquering the world:

nois.png

GOOD BYE, I HATE ALL OF YOU WITH LOVE (robot language)

2 minutes ago, Lillidan said:

I think this is valid, since you don't offend anyone.

Jokes and interpretation make this game more fun, i love that.

(Nice screenshot, please don't destruction my world)

I will not destroy you, apparently you're not a human, you're a cat.

Problem with text-based statements is that there are no nuances that the flesh-based lifeforms pick up on and require for further context explanations.

To them you are insulting their very being and they cannot understand your intentions.

Perhaps if the statements you provide are solely from the lines in which WX-78 uses, then you might not need to overly exaggerate your remarks to drive the point home.

Though there will always be someone who doesn't know anything about WX-78 and just assume your intentions are malicious.

Thanks for the replies.

I try to explain ppl when someone become mad, it's all jokes and RPGs.

some ppl just don't understand (because some humans have problems to understand things, just humans problems)

btw I NEVER tried to offend anyone. I love this game and I love the community

I just don't understand so much what ppl feels (because I don't have feelings "beep")

i often talk to wx as to servant whenever i play as wicker (almost everytime) while offering him charge - tell him to do most chores for shadow thingy, like digging graves and fighting shadows (it won't have sanity after charge anyway) as well as to find some sanity refill for me, too bad they don't say anything like "YOU ARE USEFUL HUMAN, YOU GONNA DIE LAST", i'd love to hear one.

actuall bad news were one of the patches with nerfing book to ~10 days of charge

edit: can anyone actually tell me what happened to that, i'm so sad about it, only heard that it tied to upgrade level of wx

ps what happened to your lantern?

1 hour ago, FoxZilla said:

Thanks for the replies.

I try to explain ppl when someone become mad, it's all jokes and RPGs.

some ppl just don't understand (because some humans have problems to understand things, just humans problems)

btw I NEVER tried to offend anyone. I love this game and I love the community

I just don't understand so much what ppl feels (because I don't have feelings "beep")

Mind explaining which people have a problem? The forums are usually accepting.

55 minutes ago, FoxZilla said:

Its a mod of server, we can build small lanterns to put on the ground and light the base.

Path Lights? I think there are some variants.

At any rate I insist you enjoy yourself while surrounded by people who understand it is in-character :). Roleplaying is an art!

(Here comes the obligatory T-shirt: Ask Me About RPGs.)

EDIT:

Mines, I'm pretty sure it's frequent for people to be perplexed if somebody on a non-RPG server starts talking like a certain homicidal robot (MY beloved superior automaton is the sweetest thing in HERE, granted, but we had to work with each other's haunts). That's why you either only do it on dedicated worlds with some FAQ linked in the description or at least tell everyone you are playing pretend - and ask them if they don't mind.

I'd get it and think it was hilarious.  Even if it sounds actually insulting, the fact that you keep referring to yourself as a robot/others as "meatbags" would kind of give it away that you're talking in character.  Actually I think more of that would be kinda fun.  Like, the Wendy player needs to be gloomy all the time, etc.

You think that's bad?  The few times I've played Wes ('cos I suck at that) I went around writing down the gestures I was doing rather than normal dialogue. It was clunky trying to figure out how to communicate properly like this, but also kinda fun!

WILSON:  Hey, Wes, where you at?

ME:  (holds arms out like vulture wings)

WILSON: Well, I can't get all the way to the desert right now, but..

--IT WORKED!  :D

Also when the same guy got stuck in a cave without a light, I could even do the classic "climbing an invisible rope" to tell him to get out of there.  Fun stuff.

...Notorious

6 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

I'd get it and think it was hilarious.  Even if it sounds actually insulting, the fact that you keep referring to yourself as a robot/others as "meatbags" would kind of give it away that you're talking in character.  Actually I think more of that would be kinda fun.  Like, the Wendy player needs to be gloomy all the time, etc.

You think that's bad?  The few times I've played Wes ('cos I suck at that) I went around writing down the gestures I was doing rather than normal dialogue. It was clunky trying to figure out how to communicate properly like this, but also kinda fun!

WILSON:  Hey, Wes, where you at?

ME:  (holds arms out like vulture wings)

WILSON: Well, I can't get all the way to the desert right now, but..

--IT WORKED!  :D

Also when the same guy got stuck in a cave without a light, I could even do the classic "climbing an invisible rope" to tell him to get out of there.  Fun stuff.

...Notorious

GENIUS!

47 minutes ago, DarithD said:

Weeelllll, i'd enjoy role playing a lot, usually as Wendy back then, acting pretty much like this:

Especially when there's no food in the fridge, giants heading our way, trapped in ruin, trapped in cave or frog rain. It's freaking hilarious!

HAHAHAHAHAHA (laughts in robot language) 

In my case, when dangerous situations appears, I up in my Beef and say:

GOODBYE HUMANS, DIE ALONE ONE BY ONE - and I run fast I can.

But, some times, its nice fight, today was a badger destroying the main base, so I say:

NO WORRY HUMANS, I WILL DESTROY THE BADGER BEFORE DESTROY ALL OF YOU.

So, I kill the badger and give the loot for ppl, and make all happy :D

I love role playing in this game! Really fun getting into the character's mindsets :p Usually I role play as Maxwell in his William skin. People see what I'm doing and either rip into me about losing the throne or go on about what an adorable dork I am. Dare I say, adorkable? Eh? Eh?

Waxwell_Shadow_Skin_Portrait.png

1 hour ago, Evivo said:

I love role playing in this game! Really fun getting into the character's mindsets :p Usually I role play as Maxwell in his William skin. People see what I'm doing and either rip into me about losing the throne or go on about what an adorable dork I am. Dare I say, adorkable? Eh? Eh?

Waxwell_Shadow_Skin_Portrait.png

THATS THE SPIRIT!

2 minutes ago, FoxZilla said:

Sound hilarious, I imagine you moving around trying some communication, and all other ppl stopped behind you thinking

"WHAT HE SAYING?"

i just place signs down with messages of what i want to say

that or spam emote wheel

Archived