minespatch

minespatch
[Minespatch] Apophenia Art

810 posts in this topic

Getting over a bad flu(I was sleeping on the floor in pain, it's so bad:wilson_dilemma:). I got these drawn over two days but wanted to post them yesterday.

Jahn dee's encounter with mr skits.png

Playing with history. This is John Dee and his assistant Edward Kelley being introduced to the Codex Umbra by Mr. Skits. Not sure if Mr. Skits wrote the tome but it'd be interesting. John Dee's a interesting entity of history. Worked as a secret agent of the queen of his time while still sounding like a character out of a H. P. Lovecraft story, 'cept... He's a real person.

Putting on a tempest play.png

Bit of egomania on my part with this piece. I just had this funny idea where my person and Wilson put on a play of the Tempest. My name being Ariel, Wilson playing a magician, throwing Yogi-boar as Caliban, and having the two kids just bored to tears, I couldn't let this go by. Had to draw this.

the wheeflea chase.png

I have a original monster type that I've drawn over the years that I hope people don't think I ripped off Don't Starve. I call them "WheeFleas". Dogs sized fleas that'll go after warm blooded mammals. Kinda based on home... ;u;

First time I've had to actually think on perspective. So for a doodle, this was very challenging and fun for me.

wheeflea sketch previouas.png

This sketch didn't work for me, so what you see above is my second take on the pose. You won't believe how hard it was to find a dynamic running reference on google images.

with and without flesh.png

Wanted to see how flesh-covered me would be. I didn't want skelly-me to come across as Papyrus. |D''' I'm not that big of a Undertale fan, more of a Dragon Quest and Orphan Feast type of player.

dont starve sweeny todd fan script.png

Father wrote me a drawing script. Not sure I want to draw this.|D.png

3 people like this

10 hours ago, minespatch said:

Playing with history.

Fun fact: I never use "John Doe", I always use "John Dee" instead. :)

1 person likes this

Your art's really cool. I like your skeleton guy. I've seen a lot of your stuff on deviantart (via one of the DS fan groups. can't remember which one. I'm following four). I didn't know you were on here, too!

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Screen Shot 2016-06-07 at 9.42.51 PM.png

Besides Blood Eagles, here's the groups I go to. Seems like the groups really spread my work around.

The only familliar ones I see are "DontStarve-FanClub", "DontStarveFans" and "Dont-Starve-FC". And yeah, next time one of your works pops up there again, I'll be sure to follow you. :3

2 people like this

I wonder who those two ghosts are ;)

Hey, you know the comic 80 Years Later, awesome! :D Can't wait or more updates.

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

I wonder who those two ghosts are ;)

Hey, you know the comic 80 Years Later, awesome! :D Can't wait or more updates.

Whoever you want them to be. I didn't intend them to be anyone. :wilson_ecstatic:

You introduced me to it a week or two ago.|D.png

14 minutes ago, minespatch said:

You introduced me to it a week or two ago.|D.png

Oh yeah. That was you? I thought it was someone else. Still, I'm glad you like it so far :)

1 person likes this

I'm hyped for the implementation of the codex umbra and I really connect with contemporary Wilson's need to be alone from the world. The author even made him Aspergers like me. Kind of a little shaken up over like I'm looking in a mirror.

If your imagination were a rainbow, it would redefine "colour".

1 person likes this

Aw, Poor Webber ^^'

And Wilson, what the f*ck are you doing?! You're just making her angrier! 0_0

1 person likes this

42 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

And Wilson, what the f*ck are you doing?! You're just making her angrier! 0_0

taking a page from bilbo baggins copy.png

4 people like this

Those first two images look pretty funny :p I love the werepig wrestling that bunnyman ^_^ and that last one is pretty cute :)

2 people like this

8 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Those first two images look pretty funny :p I love the werepig wrestling that bunnyman ^_^ and that last one is pretty cute :)

It helps that me and @toki-wartoothxx have the power of being superdorks.

Pretty much unintentional that me and @mewthemew did those two but we had our own ideas.

I intended on doing that piece earlier. Got a list of ideas I'm trying to finish.

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, minespatch said:

It helps that me and @toki-wartoothxx have the power of being superdorks.

Pretty much unintentional that me and @mewthemew did those two but we had our own ideas.

I intended on doing that piece earlier. Got a list of ideas I'm trying to finish.

Yes I am a super dork.240?cb=20140914113329

3 people like this

5 hours ago, minespatch said:

Might even do Marc Davis inspired Pirates of the caribbean art here due to Shipwrecked.

Ooh, I'd love to see that ^_^

Y'know, I kinda wished I had drawn your character as a thank you for that earlier art piece of me but I go have any good ideas... well... actually... I may have some as of now but business (drawings) are kinda slow here nowadays -_-

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Ooh, I'd love to see that ^_^

Y'know, I kinda wished I had drawn your character as a thank you for that earlier art piece of me but I go have any good ideas... well... actually... I may have some as of now but business (drawings) are kinda slow here nowadays -_-

I'd be happy to do another picture for you in thanks. Business drawings? You mean comissions?